Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
got Gallagher in 20, now into the save zone for sugardaddy Aventurine and Boothill

haven't finished up the story yet but its been a good patch so far, especially all the little qol updates like the transmutation toggle and auto-reassignment. genshit could never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Finished the story quest

Penacony is so peak

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

about how long did the new story stuff take you?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I played through it on and off today but I think in total it took about 4-5 hours?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Also

(finale-related spoilers)
I ask again why the gently caress isn't Gallagher a 5-star

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Not Acheron. Not Himeko, or Bailu, or Welt. None of the characters I dont have.

loving Yanqing dupe. gently caress dude.

I'm shivering with disgust.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Which Nihility character is better for E2 Acheron+Sparkle, Pela (with Resolution) or Silver Wolf?

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

The AEONS, THEY gaze upon me still.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
e0s1 Acheron in 30 pulls total. I could cry with happiness.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I am weak and pulled for Acheron, now I’m below 10k jade for the first time in months. Feels bad man.

Time to shuffle LCs around because I’m not blowing more on hers and my GNSW is on Kafka. At this point poor Sampo is getting chucked in the bin because if I’m using Kafka/BS why wouldn’t I just slot Acheron in to his spot instead for massive damage?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I thought we were unlocking March's memory this patch? I guess that was a teaser for the future.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

they are never going to unlock her past, just an endless series of teasers that they will in the next patch

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Bad Video Games posted:

I thought we were unlocking March's memory this patch? I guess that was a teaser for the future.

In the 2.1 stream they said they would get to it "sometime in 2024" so we got a long wait.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Previously I asked for who I should pull for and got Sparkle (who's already a great addition) and it was suggested that I also get Aventurine. I believe that was before we knew Luocha would be getting a rerun. Should I go for Luocha now or save for Aventurine?

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
As someone who isn't pulling for Acheron because I need to save up for Fu Xuan after bankrupting myself getting Luocha, I really should just go dark for the next month or so huh.

Also, what LCs are people using on their Luochas? It seems his sig is by far the best match but I can't afford spending tickets on things that aren't quantum preservation solo-sustains.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

The 3* Multiplication LC is unironically one of his best options. Otherwise you can also run Perfect Timing

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Oh, OH! It has his face on it! I hadn't noticed. Thanks, that solves that one.

It's not the best system, but it's the one I have right now.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Zebia posted:

Previously I asked for who I should pull for and got Sparkle (who's already a great addition) and it was suggested that I also get Aventurine. I believe that was before we knew Luocha would be getting a rerun. Should I go for Luocha now or save for Aventurine?

Hard to say exactly until Aventurine is out but they should both be really good. It comes down to who you use with them and which of them you like better. Aventurine will fit in better with Dr Ratio, Topaz, other follow up characters, and characters that want shields. Luocha is better if you want healing and want to ease up on skill point spending, for instance Imbibitor Lunae Dan or Jingliu. I see most people on reddit answering Aventurine to that question but he is the shiny new hotness to Luocha's old and busted and he's currently heavily featured in the story.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Selenephos posted:

It's me, the girl with Yanqing E6, hi.
One-sentence horror story

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

PatentPending posted:

I threw on an S2 Quid Pro Quo I had I think from Echoes of War bosses. It’s annoying when everyone’s energy is really synced up so you don’t have targets, but otherwise it’s a good and noticeable energy bump for the rest of my party. I think you can buy it from the Forgotten Hall shop, too.

Idk if it’s better than Multiplication or not but so far it seems to work okay.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

PatentPending posted:

As someone who isn't pulling for Acheron because I need to save up for Fu Xuan after bankrupting myself getting Luocha, I really should just go dark for the next month or so huh.

Don’t be me and succumb to the allure of Cool Lightning Lady. I really need to scrimp for Fu’s rerun now.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Selenephos posted:

It's me, the girl with Yanqing E6, hi.

I'll buy you a drink sis :smith:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

PatentPending posted:

Unless you're building dps Luocha or you just really need the speed bump, his sig really isn't that great. If you have his skill and talent around level 8, he only needs about 2.2k attack to basically full heal anyone. The higher his traces, the lower his attack needs to be. Any lc is good on him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

story spoilers for new patch: firefly is a kamen rider lmao god bless

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

qbert posted:

In the 2.1 stream they said they would get to it "sometime in 2024" so we got a long wait.

Also, thanks. I have trouble keeping up with the subtitles now that the programs are in Chinese, so I get a lot of info wrong. I didn't realize her new form was potentially that far in the future.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Thanks all, yeah one of the reasons Luocha is so attractive to me is that it seems he just... works, he doesn't need anything specific, he fits into so many teams, he doesn't need SP, so I should have guessed that he'd be OK with a bunch of LC options.

Kinda pysched that one Fu Xuan shows up I'll finally have the 2 teams I've been trying to build since... forever.

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008
Lost the 50/50 to e3 Welt, but I did get e3 Galagher and e6 Dan. Such is life...

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Luocha is the best support. Give him an outgoing healing chest, speed boots, attack orb, and defense rope. He will heal everything and never die.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

What equilibrium starts dropping 5* relics? I’m just about to TL36 right now and, while the relics I’ve received just from story stuff and sundry events aren’t awful, I’d like them to be better, but it feels somewhat wasteful to run caverns/SU when I’m only dropping 3/4*s.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Aventurine (English) is so good at his voice acting. Love him now, actually.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
*puts on hipster glasses* I liked Aventurine before 2.1...

Anyway, I found some Math for people trying to sort out their Acheron situations

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19rxESXnBucmSpIcdltlOszwWOIu115GzITW1x4Jzckw/edit#gid=500004839

From the pure math of it all, dropping a Nihility for Sparkle even in E0 is a small bump in damage and Bronya is a slight decrease in optimal damage, meaning both are viable options even at E0 if they're built and your Nihilities aren't maxed out.

Also yes E2 is an enormous increase in damage (but you don't need it because I dunked on MoC12 in 2 turns with E0S1 Acheron with half built dps Welt, Pela and Fu Xuan with Universal Market)

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
So, earlier someone said if I posted what characters I have they might suggest a good team I could make, so, this is what I have:

Any suggestions? I know its not vital to have a minutely optimized team at this point in the game, but it'd be nice to know which characters work well together.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Haven't played too much lately but checked back in to check out Acheron and it turns out she's cracked. Then they decided to give me one on my first 10-pull so I guess I'm playing again.

also big shoutout to the gigantic whale on my friends list with E6S5 Acheron, E6S5 Kafka, and E6S1 Jingliu.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Annath posted:

So, earlier someone said if I posted what characters I have they might suggest a good team I could make, so, this is what I have:

Any suggestions? I know its not vital to have a minutely optimized team at this point in the game, but it'd be nice to know which characters work well together.

Acheron, Pela, Guinaifen, Gallagher

Ratio, Asta/Serval, Sampo, Natasha/Bailu

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Annath posted:

Acheron Guin Pela Bailu/Gallagher is a perfectly good team for Acheron. She fulfills her "2 other Nihility" buff plus both Guin and Pela will do debuffs on their turns (if Pela has Resolution Shines Like Pearls of Sweat). I'm pretty sure Gallagher with low Eidolon count is pretty rough to play though so maybe Bailu would be better in the sustain slot.

After that your situation is a little more difficult but Clara or Dr. Ratio can be the DPS focus for your second team (perhaps both at the same time). Asta is like your only Harmony and she has anti-synergy with Clara cause she speeds her up a lot but by the time you're worrying about running a second full team you'll have the Harmony Trailblazer in 2.2 so the only thing you really have to worry about is who is going to sustain the second team. Gallagher/Natasha can be used until things get tough.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Who do I mail to demand Siobhan playable???

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Annath posted:

Your best DPS, especially since you got her cone, is Acheron. She likes being with 2 other Nihility characters, so I think your best primary team would be:

Acheron/Pela/Guinaifen/Sustain

Sustain can just be whichever of Bailu, Natasha, and Gallagher you have invested in most, to save on resources. Any of them should work for now.

At some point you'll need a second team. If you don't need it yet because you haven't gotten that far in forgotten hall/MoC I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Thanks for the tips y'all!

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Acheron kindof feels like the Kazuha of star rail, just running around stabbing things and not having to load/explode/load out is so nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

It's worth noting that you could easily swap Acheron for Ratio on that team depending on which damage type is better for any given battle since they both thrive off of debuffers. After getting your first team up to par I'd invest in Asta if you don't have a definite plan since she's quite good in almost any team.