Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Mordiceius posted:

A story in two parts -

This morning:

Just now:

That's delightful. :allears: Can I share those pics on a discord I'm on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Got the endgame drip

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Hired a level 4 thief pawn from the rift that was wearing endgame dragonforged gear and offering a 10k bounty on getting a single wakestone shard. Must be someone using a trainer.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Pwnstar posted:

Got the endgame drip

I've been looking for that hat, where do you find it?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Black Griffon posted:

That's delightful. :allears: Can I share those pics on a discord I'm on?

Yeah go ahead. :)

My mother has been absolutely delighted that I've been playing this one at the same time as her. I never played DD1 - well, I played like an hour or two of it but it was at a time when I wasn't in the right mental space to enjoy it. She had played it to completion twice.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Geomancing posted:

Hired a level 4 thief pawn from the rift that was wearing endgame dragonforged gear and offering a 10k bounty on getting a single wakestone shard. Must be someone using a trainer.

i've seen more than a few pawns that had every vocation maxed out at level 20 or 30

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Do you have to find elftown or do quests send you there? What if I do all the quests about the fake Arisen?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah man

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Vintersorg posted:

Do you have to find elftown or do quests send you there? What if I do all the quests about the fake Arisen?

There's an elf in the main city hanging out by the weapon seller. He has the questline that leads to elftown or you can just find it yourself.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Tabletops posted:

Have you considered using one of the one billion consumable magic tomes

I honestly haven't. I have a few still in my stash, though most I sold tbh. Which spells are targetable like that?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I’ll look for them later - thanks! I don’t want to finish all these quests and miss out on those other areas.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Mordiceius posted:

A story in two parts -

This morning:

Just now:

This is wholesome as gently caress. Thanks for sharing.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Broken Cog posted:

I've been looking for that hat, where do you find it?

I found it in Battahl, somewhere. My memory is that it was in a chest a cave somewhere in the NE corner but a guy on reddit says its at Battahl Ropeway Station 3 which is the most western one.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Mordiceius posted:

Yeah go ahead. :)

My mother has been absolutely delighted that I've been playing this one at the same time as her. I never played DD1 - well, I played like an hour or two of it but it was at a time when I wasn't in the right mental space to enjoy it. She had played it to completion twice.

hell yeah, that rules.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Just stumbled upon a skeleton lord(?) at night and my level 25 party did basically no damage at all. Dude just utterly annihilated us lmao

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Shyrka posted:

Coming out the ancient battlefield I was accosted by a random pawn but then I noticed she looked familiar so I had to hire her.

As far as cosplay pawns go I've seen about a hundred Frierens, 20 Shadowhearts, 10 Melinas, 2 Gandalfs, 1 Leon Kennedy, and nothing else.

I don't really know anything about Frieren but very predictably, the Dragon's Dogma playerbase is really into a character who looks like a little girl.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 28, 2024

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

GhostDog posted:

Just stumbled upon a skeleton lord(?) at night and my level 25 party did basically no damage at all. Dude just utterly annihilated us lmao

I met a lich (same thing?) doing the dumb quest with the kid taken by the wolves and had this little child just ambling around the place as the whole party and the big bone man was lighting up the landscape like it was the magical gulf war. Real weird scene, very close fight (around the same level). Whole party almost ate it when he flung us around with the big twister attack, but we pulled through with a single wakestone used.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I spotted a Jerma pawn last night.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

GhostDog posted:

The big like 7 foot tall armored skeleton with a big rear end sword? Cuz I met one in some catacombs and boy, he just face tanked everything we threw at him and had me knocked down over and over. We got him eventually but fighting him in 2 small rooms with a tight hallway separating them was not ideal!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Found the sphinx after a very labyrinthine trek, which is appropriate since she gives the impression of being older and more alien than basically any other creature. Easily the coolest design in the game so far and I got the first riddle right at least. Haven't tried the others yet and for now I'm too nervous to try in case I gently caress up.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/PrizzaaGaming/status/1772835939586301960

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
This loving sphinx. She told me to find this weird looking guy and I was like, "Hell yeah, I saw that guy at the checkpoint town! I thought he had a quest or something he looked so distinctive."

Off I rush to grab him and ferrystone back to her and she brings up the image of who she was looking for. Identical, nailed it. Then they open their mouths to smile and the one she wanted was missing a bunch of teeth.

I guess I'll have to try again in new game plus if I ever get that far.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shyrka posted:

This loving sphinx. She told me to find this weird looking guy and I was like, "Hell yeah, I saw that guy at the checkpoint town! I thought he had a quest or something he looked so distinctive."

Off I rush to grab him and ferrystone back to her and she brings up the image of who she was looking for. Identical, nailed it. Then they open their mouths to smile and the one she wanted was missing a bunch of teeth.

I guess I'll have to try again in new game plus if I ever get that far.

Are you sure their hair was the same? There are 2 of those guys at checkpoint border town :ssh:

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Are you sure their hair was the same? There are 2 of those guys at checkpoint border town :ssh:

Yeah, I looked up the guide on that one just to see where I went wrong. Sad thing is with both of them running around the same town it really was a coin-flip on which one I ran into first and grabbed, my goon face blindness can't easily tell the difference.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Just finished the game spending most of my time with trickster. As novel and viable as the class is, I feel like it probably isn't the ideal class to get the most out of the game.

How's Arcane Archer?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Got a quick q about Golden Trove Beetles. There is supposed to be a cap to how many you can consume, but I've explored most of the map, and I don't seem to have reached it yet. Is the cap just the total number of beetles in your game, to prevent you from achieving ludicrous endurance limits by getting beetles from other players?

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Every single time I walk through the capital, Bernall goes "Oi, your presence is requested this evening at the tavern." Is he trying to funnel me to the knight guy who gives me all the story quests, or am I missing an unmarked quest somewhere?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
got excited to fight my first drake only to find out that while my back was turned it walked into the ocean and died

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

got excited to fight my first drake only to find out that while my back was turned it walked into the ocean and died

Happened to me as well. Was pretty funny until I realized it meant no Wyrmfire Crystals for me.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Harry and the henderson

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Omi no Kami posted:

Every single time I walk through the capital, Bernall goes "Oi, your presence is requested this evening at the tavern." Is he trying to funnel me to the knight guy who gives me all the story quests, or am I missing an unmarked quest somewhere?

He's trying to funnel you, I think it also means you've done enough to start the next batch of quests?

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Khanstant posted:

He's trying to funnel you, I think it also means you've done enough to start the next batch of quests?

Thanks!

Also, oh man, quests... I'm level 45 and I haven't even started the story quests, because I'm terrified it'll cause me to miss side content. (I know this is irrational and who cares, but wow does this game feed off of a certain category of crazy.)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Omi no Kami posted:

Thanks!

Also, oh man, quests... I'm level 45 and I haven't even started the story quests, because I'm terrified it'll cause me to miss side content. (I know this is irrational and who cares, but wow does this game feed off of a certain category of crazy.)

I'm 95% sure that some of the enemy types are locked behind main quest progression, like you won't start getting gore versions of bosses until after a certain point. Could be something to consider if you need the materials they drop.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Is there any way to bring low level equipment to parity with high level equipment? Dragonforging?

Some of the high level stuff looks like rear end and I don't want to feel like I've gotta use them out of being optimal.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Omi no Kami posted:

Thanks!

lol jfc. Just to let you know you have outleveled probably 90% of the story quests already.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

George Sex - REAL posted:

Is there any way to bring low level equipment to parity with high level equipment? Dragonforging?

Some of the high level stuff looks like rear end and I don't want to feel like I've gotta use them out of being optimal.

as you level your base stats get so nuts that you can start doing fashion souls

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

George Sex - REAL posted:

you get so many stat increases from leveling up that you can just wear whatever armor if you're trying to do all of the side quests and stuff. i'm level 54 or something and my main pawn is wearing purely fashion armor and his defensive stats are comparable to the ones i see in end game armor

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Bunch of questions:

1) Anyone do an assessment of the augments yet? I run melee classes but I maxed out Archer for the climbing poo poo augment as well because of course I would like it for melee shenanigans. I'm also eyeing suffering through maxing out Mage just for the stamina recovery speed augment, which can very well be an issue as a melee character unless you go insanely hard on chugging stamina items whenever.

2) Warfarer, how does it work? Do you equip the weapons you want, and using their appropriate vocation skills switches you to that weapon? Or do you need Rearmament to be able to switch weapons and thus movesets at all? I was thinking of a Fighter/Warrior hybrid, with Fighter's dashing stab and climbing monster stab, with the Warrior's shoryuken. If I don't need Rearmament, I'm slotting in the Fighter's autoparry or an Archer skill just for those goddamn harpies.

3) With the game being relatively easy, how low a tier of gear do you think you can use weapons from, counting on Wyrmforging to bring up to endgame spec? I feel like the gear from Checkpoint has this good balance between looks and stats, because Battahl onwards gets a bit too Monster Hunter for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Personally confirmed: there is a Gorechimera in the Waterfall Cave east of the border patrol camp where you start the game. I have done enough to enter Battahl but have not progressed the main quest much further than that. It should always be there if you're in the same stage of the game.