Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

And yeah buying a new pickup truck is stupid as hell unless you're an independent contractor or something.

I have driven a truck for work and modern trucks are huge compared to the bucket truck F-450 I drove in the early 00s. Modern contractors are straight up better off with a Transit Connect van

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Xaris posted:

reddit dropped 12% today lol. lots of people piled in at $69 expecting to catch the rising knife in FOMO. really amazing how FOMO gets people piling in

its also very funny how much people are piling into the DWAC SPAC DJT thingy because its going to the moon on pure speculative gambling, causing more rubes FOMOing in

Bitcpin is pumping again too. Just endless cycles of insanity.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Lol
https://www.fox5ny.com/news/nyc-squatter-family-real-estate-deal-law

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I have driven a truck for work and modern trucks are huge compared to the bucket truck F-450 I drove in the early 00s. Modern contractors are straight up better off with a Transit Connect van

The Transit Connect is discontinued, and so is the Nissan compact van and the Dodge one. They aren't profitable enough and the buyers will pay more for something else anyway.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mr Hootington posted:

Bitcpin is pumping again too. Just endless cycles of insanity.
cuz FOMC Waller said no rate cuts

quote:

"In 2023, we made progress on reducing inflation and improving the job market, but recent data has made me unsure about the pace of this progress. February's job gains and inflation measures have been stronger than expected, indicating that we need more time to assess the situation. So, I don't see a need to rush into cutting interest rates just yet."

"Looking at the economic performance, GDP growth is expected to slow this quarter, but it's still solid. Consumer spending is moderating, especially on goods, while services spending is growing moderately. Business surveys show mixed results, with manufacturing activity contracting slightly while nonmanufacturing businesses continue to expand."

"As for the job market, recent data suggests strong job gains, but the unemployment rate rose slightly, mainly due to more young people being counted as unemployed. The number of people quitting their jobs has decreased, indicating less turnover, which means firms aren't competing as much for workers."

"Regarding productivity, recent growth has been fast, but it's uncertain whether it will continue. Factors like large investment projects and resolving supply chain issues may have boosted productivity in the short term, but it's unclear if this will be sustained."

"On inflation, recent data has been disappointing, with both total and core inflation increasing. While there are reasons to believe progress will continue, we need to monitor the situation closely."

"Overall, I believe there's no rush to cut interest rates. The economy is strong, and waiting a little longer to assess the trajectory of inflation is the prudent approach."

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Paradoxish posted:

Someone with spending habits like that almost certainly shelled out the money for a top trim and bought a $70k+ truck. Good chance their credit is shot from extreme utilization, too, so they're probably at near predatory rates on that loan.

"someone with spending habits like that" is just people making decent money that aren't as wealthy as they wish they were. Compare median income of boomers/gen x to their 401k savings. Them being so universally terrible with money is probably one of the leading reasons those same people vote directly against direct financial assistance as a social safety net cause they know they'd waste it so they assume everyone else would to.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Lmao

O’Sullivan said the Landa family agreed to pay Flores $140,000 if he could stay in the home and help drag the price down for them. The home was originally listed for $2.69 million but closed at $2 million on Oct. 13, 2023, according to real estate site Redfin.

Apr 7, 2003

I used to work off trucks like these, tailgate height on a modern Ram 2500 is higher than on this

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
No hope for a future. Time to squat in houses and demand ransom, pump shitcoins, do parlays and unlimited 0dte calls

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

post hole digger posted:

spending over a grand a month on a silverado is fuckin nuts for real. i wonder what the term on that loan is.

Any price to make sure people know I'm not gay. Please do not print in the newspaper that I am gay.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

err posted:

No hope for a future. Time to squat in houses and demand ransom, pump shitcoins, do parlays and unlimited 0dte calls

Nothing wrong hwr3 :downsa:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I'm more interested in the change over time than the generational differences.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1773107226913452496?s=20

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Xaris posted:

cuz FOMC Waller said no rate cuts

Yeah I saw him talking about that.

Gas is projected to average $4 a gallon over the summer and they are absolutely terrified if rates go down margate rates go down and shelter skyrockets again.

That new york fed report caused some pants making GBS threads too

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I was gonna say that the restart of student loans prolly accounts for a lot of the debt increase but that didn't start till Q4 of 2023.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Willa Rogers posted:

I'm more interested in the change over time than the generational differences.

Looks good, number going up

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

skooma512 posted:

And this. There's a Rule about everything. If there isn't a rule, you run the risk of someone seeing you and deciding that no you're not allowed to do that and either calling the police or harassing you. Hike in the wrong place and get a gun pointed at you because muh land, bike on a trail and there are some cases of people hanging up wires over the trail, bike on the road and lol everyone wants to kill you just because they can see you.

Yep. The advice I got from locals was "just politely ask private property owners to search and a lot of them will say yes" which means I have to force myself into uncomfortable and weird social interactions with strangers who can take away permission or become annoyed/angry at any time. Not a good recipe for a relaxing personal hobby.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Mr Hootington posted:

Oh good car chat again

A change of scene.

My hobby is amateur re-enactment of Falling Down at the weekends with unsuspecting members of the public. It’s free and it releases tension. Y’all should try it.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cvek42MNj8c/?igsh=M3M2bGU5aml0eXcw

Apr 7, 2003

doesn't work here, what is it

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

thats the number we like to see folks, and isnt it a big number? the biggest number weve seen yet... until tomorrow, anyways :D

Morbus
May 18, 2004

but if they use a van how is everyone going to constantly steal all their poo poo out the bed of their truck???

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

True, children have literally $0 in asset value so they can't actually decline in value.

Wrong. If your name on your birth certificate is in all caps, then they are worth the Treasury bond in that all cap name - and as a free person you can cash that bond in. Somehow I forget how.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

what year was that

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

doesn't work here, what is it

I hate Web 2.0.

https://youtube.com/shorts/_d9Fy_PGmu0?si=7YuZ7DllTinyIJI9

Apr 7, 2003

Transit man has my immediate support

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Transit man has my immediate support

He was a contestant on the UK Apprentice a couple years back and was probably the first one in years I actually saw as a human, not some pod person in a suit spouting Dilbert jargon.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
deiz nuts

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

When does CSPAM go woke? Are we woke? I don’t feel any woker.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I've driven the cheapest used car off the lot my entire life, it's nutty to see people tossing the type of cash on a vehicle you'd expect for a downpayment on a home.

But you gotta have them trucks, I guess?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

“social security; it only works because half the people paying into it die before collecting anything.”

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

bankrupt within 5 years

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

err posted:

That Y/Y change axis bugs me

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

err posted:

looks like a rate of profit is starting to fall

wonder how they'll start squeezing gamblers... gacha mechanics for fantasy sports team gambling? what would they even put in a gambling battle pass?

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZKhY7HjUwM

lol

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

I'd say lets do options gambling on the revenue or market share of the different sports gambling services. parlays for if draftkings does less than $500M in bets on the elite 8 NCAA mens's basketball, over under on average ERA of MLB pitchers starting on opening day. there are infinite permutations you just have to put them in an app with a bunch of bouncing horizontal lines or whatever grabs the eye.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

palindrome posted:

I'd say lets do options gambling on the revenue or market share of the different sports gambling services. parlays for if draftkings does less than $500M in bets on the elite 8 NCAA mens's basketball, over under on average ERA of MLB pitchers starting on opening day. there are infinite permutations you just have to put them in an app with a bunch of bouncing horizontal lines or whatever grabs the eye.

I think you can bet on like Super Bowl gambling meta stuff like that

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Complications posted:

looks like a rate of profit is starting to fall

wonder how they'll start squeezing gamblers... gacha mechanics for fantasy sports team gambling? what would they even put in a gambling battle pass?

you can now trade bets like pokemon and fill out a gambledex

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

That Y/Y change axis bugs me

why? rate of change y to y or even quarter to quarter is a huge driver of stock price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Pink Mist posted:

you can now trade bets like pokemon and fill out a gambledex

bovada used to let you short your own bets like this lol