Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Rudeboy Detective posted:

250mg, jesus christ

at least it explains the multiple dumb aliases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

yeah i love the lurhman version

but it's one of the more easily accessible plays and of course the theme "my parents hate my crush" is extremely relatable to high school kids

the opening scene of the luhrman version with "FETCH ME MY BROADSWORD" *smash cut to a shotgun with "broadsword" engraved on it* cracks me the gently caress up

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

emfive posted:

also Hamlet is kind-of a history play

but yes not really

It's a history in the same way that King Lear is

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

mdemone posted:

what did we bet a pizza on again? refresh me

you offered to send me a pizza literally last night

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
my people will be in touch

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
I'm such a sucker for Pope Francis washing prisoners' feet. This is awesome.

quote:

ROME (AP) — Pope Francis washed and kissed the feet of 12 women inmates at a Rome prison during a Holy Thursday ritual meant to emphasize his vocation of service and humility.

Many of the women wept as Francis washed their feet, gently pouring water over one bared foot and patting it dry with a small towel. He finished the gesture by kissing each foot, often looking up to the woman with a smile.

Francis revolutionized the ritual for the Vatican by insisting, from his very first Holy Thursday as pope in 2013, to include women and people of other faiths among the 12. Previously, popes performed the ritual on Catholic men only at a Rome basilica.

Francis has traveled each year to a prison, refugee center or youth detention facility to emphasize his belief that a priest’s vocation is to serve especially those most on the margins. In his brief homily, delivered off-the-cuff, Francis explained the meaning of the gesture.

“Jesus humiliates himself,” Francis said. “With this gesture, he makes us understand what he had said: ‘I am not here to be served, but to serve.’”

“He teaches us the path of service,” Francis said
https://apnews.com/article/pope-vatican-easter-6814e8fdbfadef8de585c35227eaa601

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

bebop esq posted:

also me. time to pay the piper motherfucker

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

William Bear posted:

perhpas he should divest the catholic church of its immense material wealth and kick out the pedos

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

i also want a pizza, send me a pizza

i want the Billy The Kid from Pizza Gallery, they got that thick cut smoked beef biscuit up on it

send it my way

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

emfive posted:

Mr Legg, get that Bloom book I mentioned ("The Invention of the Human") and read some of the plays, it will make your life better. No rush.

and yes Shakespeare really did write the plays, the conspiracy theories are all laughably wrong.

Hey thank you! It looks like there might be a physical copy of this book at the nearby library. If not I'll buy it. I intended to read Shakespeare about 8 years ago but then kids were born and life took another direction. I really appreciate this recommendation!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Look mr pope your holiness you gotta kiss some dude feet or this whole thing is gonna fall apart under even bare minimum scrutiny

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
bebop by rights you may go squat in mdemones home until the pizza prophecy is fulfilled

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Lisan al-pieb!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

William Bear posted:

I knew the pope was a feet guy

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
havent been keeping up with the latest trump news, have they got him yet?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

reignofevil posted:

Look mr pope your holiness you gotta kiss some dude feet or this whole thing is gonna fall apart under even bare minimum scrutiny

Before Francis, Popes exclusively kissed the feet of some Cardinals in the Vatican. It was Francis' idea to go to prisons and homeless shelters and include women in the ceremony.

Women's feet are overdue.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

RBC posted:

They're coming after you bud, he's the only one standing in the way

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

ex post facho posted:

bebop by rights you may go squat in mdemones home until the pizza prophecy is fulfilled

this sounds like a good deal to me. probably.

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

RBC posted:

he goes before the firing squad at dawn tomorrow. god protect his soul

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://x.com/SmalltimeJones/status/1773370341760422168?s=20

Free him...

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

William Bear posted:

Before Francis, Popes exclusively kissed the feet of some Cardinals in the Vatican. It was Francis' idea to go to prisons and homeless shelters and include women in the ceremony.

Women's feet are overdue.

I'm far from a catholic or christian at all and it is a cool symbolic gesture and I get that but also there's more substantive stuff he could probably be able to do within the church that would affect many people

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Gonna start squatting during open house showings and shout out hell yeah I live here now

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1773423388331008411

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

WTF THEN WHY BUY THEM!?

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You
who the gently caress is sending pizzas around and why is mine not loving here

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You
Give me the za' WITH PEPPERONI MUSHROOMS AND STUFFED CRUST RIGHT. loving. NOW.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

alnilam posted:

I briefly dated someone who was appalled that I didn't know harry potter beyond having watched wizard people several times. She insisted we watch all of them and we did. I sold out big time but she was hot and we mostly made out during them anyway, can't say i remember much of what happened.

I like to troll my wife's uncle by telling him that I've never seen Star Wars. He gets all incredulous and says "wow, why not" every single time. I've been doing it for over a decade.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Every week I feel like Mike Dewine is loving me over because my lottery ticket doesn't hit and this person is just wasting money on numbers she's not paying attention to.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

bebop esq posted:

I'm far from a catholic or christian at all and it is a cool symbolic gesture and I get that but also there's more substantive stuff he could probably be able to do within the church that would affect many people

Sure, I recognize that. Symbols are important, but they aren't, by themselves, fixes for systematic problems. That's why one of my favorite things Francis has done as Pope is his enlargement and reform of the charitable functions of the Papacy.

It's kind of a two-pronged approach: The Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development works towards structural solutions for problems around immigrants and climate change, and the Dicastery for the Service of Charity acts as a rapid response organization for disasters, along with small-scale things like giving away gifts people send the Pope and relieving poverty in Rome.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

didn't know they wrote a song about your mom

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
'"Symbols are important" I explain, bending down to kneel in the House receiving lobby with my kente scarf.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

similarly i was unaware they wrote a song about your wife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qFfFVSerQo

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

ex post facho posted:

similarly i was unaware they wrote a song about your wife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qFfFVSerQo

lol got him

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://x.com/mattzeitlin/status/1773394329794461762?s=46

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

bebop esq posted:

oh yeah, Lou Malnati's. send me a PM.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I hope everyone is doing the best the can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

William Bear posted:

I think he's just a pervert op