Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Louisgod posted:

shut the gently caress up about shakespeare... this isn't the 1650s or whatever, find better plays to discuss, like Hamilton

even joking about liking hamilton should be haram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

emfive posted:

yes of course it's sarcastic because Fetterman loving sucks, just like any dem (well almost any)

thank you for the support however, much appreciated.

:glomp:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

ArmedZombie posted:

I will never see Hamiltom

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Louisgod posted:

shut the gently caress up about shakespeare... this isn't the 1650s or whatever, find better plays to discuss, like Hamilton

Hamleton

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

The movie rules folks, neal still sends them in jewel cases, order yours today

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
recently read Hamnet, which is about Shakespeare's real son

really good book

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I know liking hamilton and manuel lin miranda is supposed to be cringe and lib, idk I've never heard/seen hamilton and don't know much about it, but i will say the music in Moana is v good

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

ArmedZombie posted:

:hai:

haramilton

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

yeah it's really funny

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
hey mdemone where's my pizza

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

how does shakespeare compare to the rapper canibus?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

lol "mad dog" doubling down

and tripling down :laffo:

inching ever closer to 2nd amendment solutions

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

Lpzie posted:

how does shakespeare compare to the rapper canibus?

more lovely and more temperate

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Slumfrog posted:

haramilton

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
wait wait, there's a KB Hamlet? THe only recent one I remember is the crazy guy, uhh uhh, gently caress,

oh oh Mel Gibson. It was mid (to use a term that the kids are using; hopefully it's accurate)

It's really really hard to do the "big" plays. Like, Hamlet, Lear, Macbeth, they are so complicated that everybody will find something to bitch about.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Joementum posted:

recently read Hamnet, which is about Shakespeare's real son

really good book

Joementum the Gary Wills books about Shakespeare topics are real good, you're the one who turned me on to his writing with Nixon Agonistes

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

emfive posted:

wait wait, there's a KB Hamlet? THe only recent one I remember is the crazy guy, uhh uhh, gently caress,

oh oh Mel Gibson. It was mid (to use a term that the kids are using; hopefully it's accurate)

It's really really hard to do the "big" plays. Like, Hamlet, Lear, Macbeth, they are so complicated that everybody will find something to bitch about.

Yes go watch it, all 4 unabridged hours of it, it's fantastic. Crazy all star cast. Good score too.

When i was a teen i got the flu and rented it on VHS and watched it like 5 times in my feverish stupor. with closed caption on ofc.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

alnilam posted:

I know liking hamilton and manuel lin miranda is supposed to be cringe and lib, idk I've never heard/seen hamilton and don't know much about it, but i will say the music in Moana is v good

one of them is for softbrained children and the other is about pacific islander mythology

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Louisgod posted:

I haven't read Shakespeare or seen Hamilton.

Did he really write all that? It seems like a lot of writing with a feather and a bottle of ink. That would take forever.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

ex post facho posted:

I will never see Hamiltom

I've never seen this or harry potter, people get very upset when you tell them this

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Greg Legg posted:

I haven't read Shakespeare or seen Hamilton.

Mr Legg, get that Bloom book I mentioned ("The Invention of the Human") and read some of the plays, it will make your life better. No rush.

and yes Shakespeare really did write the plays, the conspiracy theories are all laughably wrong.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Louisgod posted:

I've never seen this or harry potter, people get very upset when you tell them this

I briefly dated someone who was appalled that I didn't know harry potter beyond having watched wizard people several times. She insisted we watch all of them and we did. I sold out big time but she was hot and we mostly made out during them anyway, can't say i remember much of what happened.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

you can tell rowling never actually experienced the culture around her because we never see a group of older kid wizards listening to jungle way too loud in a hallway or say "wagwan" while being white

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

he died LIKE A pet DOG

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

alnilam posted:

Yes go watch it, all 4 unabridged hours of it, it's fantastic. Crazy all star cast. Good score too.

god drat I totally will

that dirt cheap BBC production of Antony and Cleopatra totally nailed the "I am dying, Egypt, dying" scene, which is one of the most killer scenes in all the plays, just mind-blowing and totally C-SPAM

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

emfive posted:

S2E9 is a landmark

without looking it up I’m going to guess that’s Measure of a Man

fantastic episode

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Best female characters: Juliet; Cleopatra; Rosalind (the AYLI one, not the MAAN one)

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://x.com/fistedfoucault/status/1773219082713612603?s=46

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Oh and Troilus is a superb play, everybody is awful

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
periodic gentle reminder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRh0QiXyZSk

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

bebop esq posted:

hey mdemone where's my pizza

what did we bet a pizza on again? refresh me

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

equinsu ocha has been slain

good

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

Buddykins posted:

who gives a poo poo what larry david has to say

consumers can't help projecting their values onto celebrates and love getting Pissed when those values don't actually match their own (because being a celebrity makes you an insane person)

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

banger

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rudeboy Detective posted:

250mg, jesus christ

Lmao 20mg reliably knocks ne out for a nap

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I really liked the most recent Romeo and Juliet movie with the period appropriate setting. Dynamic and full of sword fights and put downs, it's so much less cheesy that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

lmao it gets me every time