Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

oh cool biomutant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

madmatt112 posted:

Cute cat, which circle of hell did you adopt it from?

got her from a reputable breeder

Only registered members can see post attachments!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I woke up at 4:30 this morning and went to the kitchen for water. He followed me in and stared at me as if to say "You shouldn't be up right now, go back to bed." Didn't want food, just wanted me to not be up when I shouldn't.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Sounds like he deserves your username

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

The little man is havin' a time

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I'm sorry Vim, but I'm afraid your cat is part sunbear

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Skagglurken, Bear God of Death carries his tuna sandwich catnip toy around with him everywhere. This morning he tried to get a drink while holding it, resulting in him dropping it into the water dish. This splashed a few drops of water onto his nose, a circumstance worse than death obviously. He abandoned his catnip toy in the water and sprinted to his chair. I think tuna sandwich is done for.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Vice loving let Ulysses just slither all over him. I don't know who the dumbest animal is here (it might be me)

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Tarkus posted:

Some cats are unaffected by the cat hooch. My cat smippy is lying in his tart bed on my desk after rolling around in the nip for a bit right now while Mr.P likes the smell but it does nothing for him.

We used to have a neighbor that grew catnip and she would give us fresh stuff. They both went wild for that poo poo.

I got catnip in my back flower bed because it's basically a pretty weed that won't spread like crazy.

pluck a stalk with leaves or preferably flowers on it and hang it from a string attached to the stock flower/leaves down and let it dehydrate for 3 days it seems to produce a stronger effect than fresh from the garde or ancient powder from the store.

It's genes though some cats just don't have the gene and it doesn't do anything for them.

The plant should be easy to find if it grows in your area I think it's often called cat mint

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I've seen some people claim that their cats react more to silver vine sticks than catnip but I've never tried it.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Vakal posted:

I've seen some people claim that their cats react more to silver vine sticks than catnip but I've never tried it.

Yeah, our cats don't react to catnip at all but they go loving insane over silver vine.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
catnip is my jam

best practice:

cut whole stalks with nice sharp snippers. cut just above a healthy leaf pair (to promote 2nd growth)
dry it in a paper bag, turn it every other day and kinda fluff it up
when the leaves are dry but the stems are still a little springy, strip the leaves off and store in a container that requires opposable thumbs to open

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

If your cat likes silvervine and you got sticks with bark on them, turn the water on your faucet to hot let it get real hot and run that stick through there a few times to give the bark a chance to absorb water and get aromatic.

My cat goes crazy for that. He will rub his face all over it and lick the bark a little bit maybe even chew a bit on the soft parts

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

dee eight posted:

catnip is my jam

best practice:

cut whole stalks with nice sharp snippers. cut just above a healthy leaf pair (to promote 2nd growth)
dry it in a paper bag, turn it every other day and kinda fluff it up
when the leaves are dry but the stems are still a little springy, strip the leaves off and store in a container that requires opposable thumbs to open

:eyepop:

Awesome I always get a good grow in the spring I will try this and level up! Thanks

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

hes sleepy

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
We have a bottom loading water dispenser in the kitchen. Hondo (AKA Mr. Spaghetti), our 4 year old tuxedo kitty, is fascinated with it. He stretches up to lick the nozzle so we had to put something over it to keep him from doing so.

Well, now he's found out that he can sit on top where the buttons are and make the water come out. This morning there was a puddle of probably a gallon all over the floor. I've now put a heavy cutting board on top to prevent that.

Hondo

In my daughter's bathroom tub giving her the pew pew laser eyes

With his toy carrot he drags around and tries to have sex with

isaboo fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 28, 2024

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

isaboo posted:

Well, now he's found out that he can sit on top where the buttons are and make the water come out. This morning there was a puddle of probably a gallon all over the floor. I've now put a heavy cutting board on top to prevent that.

A+ mischief, Hondo

Vakal
May 11, 2008
https://www.facebook.com/reel/1902762250140060

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Big naughty boy likes to sleep nuzzled up to little baby girl but and she tolerates it to an extent but she still remembers all the times he tries to wrestle with her while she's just chilling and usually gets up and leaves pretty quick

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I love that chunky stripe coat pattern and those white mits are immaculate.

Butters wrapped herself in my dad's clothes and stayed there all afternoon.

And Roman hung out like a goober.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

He spent 10 hours napping and woke up for dinner. Now he is getting a rest at my feet while I play games and poo poo post.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Tigger found the cat-shaped hole in the laundry

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I showed him a video of birds and he freaked out when a squirrel walked into the scene.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sehkmet watches over from her 7' tall cat tree waiting for the day to slaughter the hordes of humanity at the will of Ra until she gets drunk on ochre-colored beer

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

MrQwerty posted:

Sehkmet watches over from her 7' tall cat tree waiting for the day to slaughter the hordes of humanity at the will of Ra until she gets drunk on ochre-colored beer

I would like my cat back, please.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Did her best impression of an ancient Sphinx.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Lilac cleaned my hair by licking it. She also let us know that Cocoa had slipped outside (someone left a door open accidentally), She also got high on catnip and flopped around.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

idk why finally after 20 loving years my cat realised he can slap chickens instead of being the one who is scared of them

so, he has been slapping chickens this morning for getting too close to him

he always used to just let them come up and peck him and then get upset.. ah the old man is grown up

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Mx. posted:

idk why finally after 20 loving years my cat realised he can slap chickens instead of being the one who is scared of them

so, he has been slapping chickens this morning for getting too close to him

he always used to just let them come up and peck him and then get upset.. ah the old man is grown up

It is vital that footage of this new development in cat/chicken relations is recorded for this thread

Superfly got super-high on 'nip and was super-squished in their moment of weakness

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Noon got on the table and ate the ever-loving poo poo out of some canned spinach.
I... I don't...
It had vinegar in it?! Cats aren't supposed to like vinegar?!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I couldn't sleep last night, so Ella and I simply enjoyed the glow of the "fireplace" together. ☺️

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I was browsing BYOB and he was staring at hammock cat

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Captain Chonkers has sat on my lap all morning as I sip my coffee on the couch. I've got plans and need to get up in ten minutes but I think I might be trapped here instead.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
expressed his displeasure with me by pawing at me a few times then laying down on top of me backwards

food bowl has been refilled :sweatdrop:

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Das Boo posted:

Noon got on the table and ate the ever-loving poo poo out of some canned spinach.
I... I don't...
It had vinegar in it?! Cats aren't supposed to like vinegar?!

My old cat Cheese would eat almost anything once. She loved fruit, even though cats aren't supposed to be able to taste sweetness. She would actually open bags with her teeth and then eat like half a plum when I wasn't home. Catnip didn't do anything for her, but she went crazy for cucumbers; i caught her drinking cucumber juice from a kitchen towel

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

One of them :barf:ed on the kitchen floor while I was walking the dog. The dog cleaned it up before I was able to get to it :stonk:.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Plotted your death...

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

My girlfriend let garfield in when she got home from work and he and sekhmet proceeded to be assholes to each other intermittently until 7AM, when he was sleeping on the bed and she jumped up sideways on the bed, hissed and punched him in the face, so I let him outside to which he responded to by running out of the door and jumping on a trashcan, returning to his natural habitat.
He's getting more comfortable being inside but you can tell he's not super stoked on it outside the "being warm" part, garfield is a free spirit who lives and breathes these streets.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Three Olives posted:

Plotted your death...

So, are these cats to scale? The one on the left looks a tad on the small side but a normal cat. Is the one on the right some sort of maine coon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Tarkus posted:

So, are these cats to scale? The one on the left looks a tad on the small side but a normal cat. Is the one on the right some sort of maine coon?

dont talk to him or his son ever again