Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

same thing in PA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Gorson posted:

lmao maybe the funniest part about business school is they never outright talk about the only thing that matters (crushing labor) they just say "expenses are bad and you want to lower expenses right (wink wink)"

lol yep, had a business professor who loved telling us that labor is your most liquid asset

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Retromancer posted:

You can tell the Wisconsin Republicans really want to legalize weed since they complain about the tax revenue lost to surrounding states constantly, but that would give the D governor a win and also Tavern League money goes brrrrr.

They'll cave eventually after losing many more millions. IMO the Tavern League is being stupid as hell by not capitalizing on it. Just work it out so you can sell it at your bars idiots. Guess what people like to do when they drink? Smoke weed. Guess what people like to do when they smoke weed? Drink (and eat).

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

is pepsi ok posted:

lol yep, had a business professor who loved telling us that labor is your most liquid asset

Let's have a look at the typical business expenses, WHOA right there at the top is labor hmm

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Gorson posted:

They'll cave eventually after losing many more millions. IMO the Tavern League is being stupid as hell by not capitalizing on it. Just work it out so you can sell it at your bars idiots. Guess what people like to do when they drink? Smoke weed. Guess what people like to do when they smoke weed? Drink (and eat).

As far as I’m aware nowhere that has legalized has allowed public consumption, even at licensed establishments, and definitely not at places that serve alcohol

Not saying it wouldn’t be a hit, probably would, but it would be pretty unprecedented

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

just buy a can of tomato sauce and add oregano, thyme, basil, crushed pepper, whatever and cook it a little

better pasta sauce than anything you'll buy in a jar

Of course.

That is the one thing they can't shrinkflate...every good recipe basically starts off with a 28oz can of...

Colostomy Bag has issued a correction as of 16:59 on Mar 29, 2024

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Combustion throws you right into a high pretty fast, higher temps and all. Its the reason why resin gets you high AF despite tasting like rear end

Smoke weed to get you there, vape it to keep going

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

euphronius posted:

the best part of weed is like you can just stop for awhile if you want. try that with sugar

??? you can totally do that with sugar and after just a couple weeks if you go back to sweet stuff it will be unpalatably sweet

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

HashtagGirlboss posted:

As far as I’m aware nowhere that has legalized has allowed public consumption, even at licensed establishments, and definitely not at places that serve alcohol

Not saying it wouldn’t be a hit, probably would, but it would be pretty unprecedented

new york you can smoke anywhere that cigarettes are allowed to be smoked though that isn't inside anywhere anymore. you could theoretically have an outdoor weed bar afaik and there are restaurants with weed infused food https://thepizzapusha.com/

i'd love a weed sports bar so hopefully that becomes possible someday

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Xaris posted:

gruel is underrated and very ftw

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much. getting a good hit is second to none on the get me high effectiveness scale
edibles are for when i want to become high at some point in the next 90 mins
vapepen is for when people come over who don't smoke and wont leave and i gotta be discreet
flower vape is just for sitting there cause its a drag

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Xaris posted:

crapflation ftw

I bought jarred spaghetti sauce a few weeks ago & when I used it, it tasted like sweetened tomato soup. :barf:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Willa Rogers posted:

I bought jarred spaghetti sauce a few weeks ago & when I used it, it tasted like sweetened tomato soup. :barf:

I like seggiano, raos, and michaels

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
https://twitter.com/1CoastalJournal/status/1773696681420214531

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

It's just an engine issue. Maybe the issue was that the engine was too good and making the other engine look bad

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I didn't start buying ready made pasta sauce until like 3 years ago. generally I think it's a good value. if I make it myself I end up spending more money on ingredients that can go bad and time, and it's not as consistent.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

you can make good tomato sauce with an onion, a can of crushed tomatoes, and a stick of butter. no reason to buy jarred stuff.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

post hole digger posted:

you can make good tomato sauce with an onion, a can of crushed tomatoes, and a stick of butter. no reason to buy jarred stuff.
I've done the marcella hazan a lot and it's ok but not my preference

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Inflation is transitory again. Why are they pushing this narrative now (again)?

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1773701088560005135

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

post hole digger posted:

Pick up a tube of tomato paste and anchovy paste and some garlic and you will consistently get a red sauce better than any bottled sauce with negligibly more effort or price and without quickly spoiling ingredients

I think I’d rather olive oil than butter but both work

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Pick up a tube of tomato paste and anchovy paste and some garlic and you will consistently get a red sauce better than any bottled sauce with negligibly more effort or price and without quickly spoiling ingredients

I rather have jar in pantry and *PLOP*. very affordable at grocery outlet

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

I rather have jar in pantry and *PLOP*. very affordable at grocery outlet

You’re honestly probably spending more on the jar to save five minutes of labor but you do you

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

HashtagGirlboss posted:

This is true for some sauces and then for other sauces it's "slow roast nine ingredients for twelve hours"

Nothing wrong with jarred pasta sauce for normal everyday meals, jarred sauce is both convenient and economical.

Save your home made sauces for special occasions and date night

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

HashtagGirlboss posted:

You’re honestly probably spending more on the jar to save five minutes of labor but you do you

glad you enjoy doing more dishes. It takes way longer than 5 minutes for me to cook it because of my mental adhd

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Five minute pasta sauce you made from a can isn't really any more or less homemade than the jarred sauce you just seasoned it more to your taste

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

SKULL.GIF posted:

Inflation is transitory again. Why are they pushing this narrative now (again)?

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1773701088560005135

lol

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
Yankees Twitter account straight up tweeting betting odds now lmao this poo poo is so bleak

https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/1773509006801203387

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

im making a month worth of sauce today to freeze. i was raised to use browned tomato paste as the only tomato in the sauce by my nona

its loving great

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Real hurthling! posted:

im making a month worth of sauce today to freeze. i was raised to use browned tomato paste as the only tomato in the sauce by my nona

its loving great

must be nice having a massive freezer in your mansion!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

I like seggiano, raos, and michaels

I think the last good jarred I had was Newman's, but that was like 6 years ago. I like making my own when I'm able but that's seasonal unless I freeze it.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Willa Rogers posted:

I think the last good jarred I had was Newman's, but that was like 6 years ago. I like making my own when I'm able but that's seasonal unless I freeze it.

I tried Newman and it was not good but within the last 3 years. I remember liking the Newman frozen pizza in the late 2000s but had it again a couple years ago and it sucked. things have gone downhill in general since he died...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mawarannahr posted:

must be nice having a massive freezer in your mansion!

regular fridge, just imagine that mine has 4 little containers of sauce instead of tendies

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Five minute pasta sauce you made from a can isn't really any more or less homemade than the jarred sauce you just seasoned it more to your taste

Nah, significant difference in sugar content alone, as well as control over sodium. But it’s fine, let Ragu do it for you all you want, but don’t act like you’re saving time or money

mawarannahr posted:

glad you enjoy doing more dishes. It takes way longer than 5 minutes for me to cook it because of my mental adhd

How is it more dishes? Do you not heat the bottled sauce and just dump it straight on noodles?

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Beached Whale posted:

Yankees Twitter account straight up tweeting betting odds now lmao this poo poo is so bleak

lmao

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Nah, significant difference in sugar content alone, as well as control over sodium. But it’s fine, let Ragu do it for you all you want, but don’t act like you’re saving time or money

How is it more dishes? Do you not heat the bottled sauce and just dump it straight on noodles?

boil pasta, drain in sink, heat sauce in pot for 5 minutes, add pasta

classic doomsday econ discourse...

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

every 6 months or so I just fill a giant stock pot to the brim with short ribs, tomatoes, aromatics, and spices and just toss that poo poo in my oven overnight at like 250. shred the meat and put the rest in ice cube trays to freeze then pop them out into ziploc bags for storage. Just toss 3 cubes per person in a saucepan to defrost and give it a little pasta water to make it cling. Easy peasey.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i squeeze my own tomato sauce but use canned noodles

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

spaghett

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Beached Whale posted:

Sports ignorers stay winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Real hurthling! posted:

regular fridge, just imagine that mine has 4 little containers of sauce instead of tendies

my partner fills up the freezer with absolute trash and I hate it. fish sticks, Jimmy Dean, and a weeks worth of Trader Joe's tv dinners for work (which is actually very expensive to do). she cannot cook. I never bought frozen food or jarred pasta sauce before I knew her but I did improve my cooking in other ways -- it is easier to cook for two than one and im more motivated to do a good job.

I make meals and she loves them but won't take to work because ???