Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Plant MONSTER. posted:

is this the same channel as the 12 hour long video about survivor

can't imagine what you'd say other than a deep dive into beyonce. not even their best song

e: nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Fajita Queen posted:

An essay should be short and to the point. Most video essays are neither of those things.

If you can't condense the core of what your essay is about into a ten minute video then you need to go back to grade school English class imo

Something from school that stuck with me was in second grade when I had to write something with a word count. So to pad it out I wrote something like "This is the subject I will be talking about, in this essay I will describe how this works". The teacher crossed it out and wrote a note saying "You don't need to say this, I'll know what the subject is as I read the essay." So what I'm saying is these people have the writing skills of a second grader.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

2.5 hour critique of a 90 minute movie.

color theory (not racist) of every scene of The Sopranos (racist)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
they make more money with longer videos on trending topics theyre all just playing the meta

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

new PoE league today gamers.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

aren't they those ghosts from zelda

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Google is pretty much useless because of that now. Every site that it pulls up is just padded to increase the amount of ads they can serve you before you get to the one bit of information you need. Want to know how to do some very specific thing in a game? Tough poo poo you have to scroll through ten paragraphs about what the game is with at least four gaps for ads.

Plant MONSTER. has a new favorite as of 17:57 on Mar 29, 2024

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

aren't they those ghosts from zelda

yeah link puts them in a bottle and then drinks their souls for health. pretty metal imo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

dd2 on hold for this

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i dont know when the internet completely snapped in half due to gpt but it feels like it happened within the last 6 months

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Al! posted:

i dont know when the internet completely snapped in half due to gpt but it feels like it happened within the last 6 months

Internet’s been on a slow downward slide as the complete freedom and Wild West attitude of the 90s and 00s slowly got trapped and tamed by people trying to maximize the ability of VCs to make money.

ChatGPT just accelerated the process by making it so that there was no longer any human effort involved

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Slice and Dice kicks rear end play Slice and Dice

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Hot Diggity! posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The only League I give a hoot in hell about these days is the League of Legends. See you in the rift.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The problem with video essays is that everyone doing them has to have some kind of insane political gimmick or hot take or whatever, I think. I've watched a few 15 - 20 minute ones that are things like "Here are the musical techniques employed in this piece, for people who did not have an education in classical music" and stuff like that, but it's become increasingly hard to find those. Going to Youtube to look something up feels like putting on the talk track for a behind-the-scenes DVD and being served some kind of recruitment for a pyramid scheme.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Al! posted:

Google has been unusable for mainstream pop culture for a few years now (god help you if you have a question for a new video game) it's just recently fell to poo poo for everything else as well.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Hot Diggity! posted:

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Bicyclops posted:

I'm not going back to quote the Mike Flanagan hate but I like all of his shows and the Bent Neck Lady is one of the few horror concepts that genuinely scared me. Liking the prestige television written by Mike Flanagan is the hill I'm prepared to die on.

me too. i loved midnight mass.

that said, i also didn't care for haunting of hill house. the book is a genuine masterpiece and Mike Flanagan is destined to do a cycle in writer hell for the crime of naming a character after Shirley Jackson and not having her be the character writing the novel within the series. also he made it boring.

haunting of bly manor was better, but i love Shirley Jackson and i'm ambivalent about Henry James so that might influence me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

The problem with video essays is that everyone doing them has to have some kind of insane political gimmick or hot take or whatever, I think. I've watched a few 15 - 20 minute ones that are things like "Here are the musical techniques employed in this piece, for people who did not have an education in classical music" and stuff like that, but it's become increasingly hard to find those. Going to Youtube to look something up feels like putting on the talk track for a behind-the-scenes DVD and being served some kind of recruitment for a pyramid scheme.

The problem is, as usual, people saying what needn’t be said to fill wasted time for other lonely people. :sigh:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Good soup! posted:

Me: I am not gay! I have dialogue with women. And quests with men.

Pawn: I bring dire word, Arisen. You bed with men.

Me:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Good soup! posted:

Me:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Good soup! posted:

Me:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Southern Cassowary posted:

these were jackson custom shop guitars. they pop up for sale every once in a while for like 10-20k.

honestly would have expected a Nintendo novelty prize guitar to be borderline unplayable, that's pretty awesome tbh

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Good soup! posted:

Me:

lol

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
After leaving the rift with 2 big burly male pawns and you think, this doesn't mean anything right?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ibram Gaunt posted:

rip elentor

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The only Simpsons game I played back in the day was Simpsons Wrestling. I got it by winning a contest with the local Fox affiliate by mailing in what Bart writes on the chalkboard in the opening for like a week of episodes. And even then, I did that poo poo to sell it and buy something else.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

:sissies:

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Phantasium posted:

The only Simpsons game I played back in the day was Simpsons Wrestling. I got it by winning a contest with the local Fox affiliate by mailing in what Bart writes on the chalkboard in the opening for like a week of episodes. And even then, I did that poo poo to sell it and buy something else.

I always heard the final boss of the Simpsons weestling game (Flanders, I think?) was actually impossible, but I'm not sure if that was literal or hyperbole.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I always heard the final boss of the Simpsons weestling game (Flanders, I think?) was actually impossible, but I'm not sure if that was literal or hyperbole.

well? did you beat him?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Stupid invincible Flanders

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Al! posted:

you're probably young enough then that you dont remember the multimedia CD ROM, which virtual springfield was basically the last entry i can recall. they were essentially just like this, with gags and the shittiest flash (actually macromedia dreamworks) games imaginable, but it'd be for monty python or the simpsons and i even had one that was from the FDA that was like an edutainment game about the food pyramid. they were eventually replaced by flash websites for marketing and now it's completely out of style. kind of miss em

I vaguely remember some of that. I remember a similar edutainment game that was apparently from Dole? Like, the fruit company?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Az2YOfD9Q

You could make a salad and your goal was to make it healthy. I remember me and my sister purposely making it as unhealthy as possible then tittering about our dogshit salad.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Tiny Myers posted:

I vaguely remember some of that. I remember a similar edutainment game that was apparently from Dole? Like, the fruit company?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Az2YOfD9Q

You could make a salad and your goal was to make it healthy. I remember me and my sister purposely making it as unhealthy as possible then tittering about our dogshit salad.

i misremembered it was this

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Al! posted:

i misremembered it was this

I'm glad we could share this fond childhood memory of hosed up and evil salads.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i love video essays

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Sorry, I kicked out that habit.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

One More Fat Nerd posted:

flanders isnt the final boss but he's the most broken character in the game because of the lightning bolt that can hit you anywhere for massive damage and just having the best moves overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hot Diggity! posted: