Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Wasn't destroying and leaving a country pretty much exactly what we did with Germany after WWI? I don't have my notes on me so I can't do the *shuffles notes* thing, but didn't it not go well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Total Party Kill posted:

Wasn't destroying and leaving a country pretty much exactly what we did with Germany after WWI? I don't have my notes on me so I can't do the *shuffles notes* thing, but didn't it not go well?

It's not so much that Germany was destroyed and left, as that punitive post-war economic policies crippled its ability to rebuild (structurally or economically), massively hurt its populace, and cratered public sentiment about the rest of the world.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Total Party Kill posted:

Yeah and it worked out great. Germany invented Trance and Electroclash music, and had a couple rough patches between then and when we left, but it all worked out great. Thanks us!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Mudlark posted:

░F░U░C░K░M░E░I░N░B░I░O░

:confused:

was ist ihr bio?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The idea that the Treaty of Versailles was extremely punitive and ruined Germany is a century-old right-wing myth.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

koshmar posted:

The thing that kills me about this GIF every time it's posted is the "robot" is during the worst dance imaginable, it looks like some turn of the century ragtime dance.

edit: I think there's some Jazz Hands in there at one point.

Every time I see it it just reminds me of the loving college mascot from Community

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol at how bad the meme truck for idiots sucks

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Every time I see it it just reminds me of the loving college mascot from Community

It 100% looks like a lovely Human Being cosplay.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i can't t find the tweet now and i don't particularly want to find it, but everytime these weirdos talk about how unfairly white people are treated at <something> they're just completely giving the game away.

even assuming good faith that they really believe that what is happening is "unfair", that means then that when previously people were discussing how minorities were being unfairly treated in that field or in that situation, they acknowledge then that being treated a certain way due to your skin color is unfair, yet still deny that _that_ specific unfair treatment actually occurs or is actually unfair. (note i am not saying i agree with them in that white people are being treated unfairly in... video games?)

and so they think the part where they got all the "liberals" is that _now_ that white people are in a similar situation, then we now have to help them defend against the unfairness that's happening to white people... because i guess the implication is is that you'd be a hypocrite if you didn't come out against unfairness to white people?

yet they know liberals treat them "unfairly" due to "DEI" initiatives, being "too woke" and all that. so if the "liberals" are really do what they say they're doing.. why would liberals ever give a poo poo either way about "white" people in the manner that they're expecting. it's as though they don't really care about any of this and it's just grievance politics for them...

also please stop calling Linda Yacca a DEI hire. that's really offensive since you're going with the chud definition of what DEI is. DEI is for giving people who are well-qualified for the position but may be overlooked due to inherent bias in the process of white america a chance to actually get noticed. Linda is not at all well-qualified for her job.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Strong Sauce posted:

also please stop calling Linda Yacca a DEI hire. that's really offensive since you're going with the chud definition of what DEI is. DEI is for giving people who are well-qualified for the position but may be overlooked due to inherent bias in the process of white america a chance to actually get noticed. Linda is not at all well-qualified for her job.

Yeah, "DEI" is basically the banner word for "anyone who is not me" and has a wildly shifting and defectively ineffable definition just like "woke" does. On the societal level it's like watching cats chase a laser pointer.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Waffle House posted:

Yeah, "DEI" is basically the banner word for "anyone who is not me" and has a wildly shifting and defectively ineffable definition just like "woke" does. On the societal level it's like watching cats chase a laser pointer.

But the cats have permanent diarrhea.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

gschmidl posted:

But the cats have permanent diarrhea.

Once you addict the cats to the diarrhea rhythm, you see, they will just buy dogecoin, and devote their lives to being respectable pyramid-bases! LONG LIVE EMPEROR MUSK!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

das baby

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Habibi posted:

Thanks y'all!

And yes I realize the History Books thread would be the place to ask, but since the topic came up I figured a few posters might have recommendations at hand. Apologies for making GBS threads up the poo poo Man thread with academic minutiae, goons.

Make sure you look into all the poo poo surrounding the fact that the various Catholic editions of the Bible have five more books than the more "traditional" versions used by Protestants. After the Reformation, the Catholic church added five books to the canon that had previously been rejected for various reasons. They essentially hoped to keep their believers from converting to Protestant denominations by releasing The Bible: Director's Cut

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

toggle posted:

das baby

Hello

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Hi

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Since the mid 1930s, starting with the Nazis, we've had the following terms that mean the exact same thing to the right:
- Judeo Bolshevism
- Cultural Marxism
- Political Correctness
- Social Justice
- Woke
- DEI

i.e.: "something that isn't entirely (marketed towards/is designed for the benefit of) straight white cis men".

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Quote-Unquote posted:

Since the mid 1930s, starting with the Nazis, we've had the following terms that mean the exact same thing to the right:
- Judeo Bolshevism
- Cultural Marxism
- Political Correctness
- Social Justice
- Woke
- DEI

i.e.: "something that isn't entirely (marketed towards/is designed for the benefit of) straight white cis men".

Boy ive never heard of "Judeo Bolshevism" but is that just straight up mixing antisemitism with anti communism?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Quote-Unquote posted:

- Judeo Bolshevism
- Cultural Marxism
- Political Correctness
- Social Justice
- Woke
- DEI

don't forget the brief CRT years

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Can't wait to see Elon's reaction to this one from his conservative crush:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Strong Sauce posted:

i can't t find the tweet now and i don't particularly want to find it, but everytime these weirdos talk about how unfairly white people are treated at <something> they're just completely giving the game away.

even assuming good faith that they really believe that what is happening is "unfair", that means then that when previously people were discussing how minorities were being unfairly treated in that field or in that situation, they acknowledge then that being treated a certain way due to your skin color is unfair, yet still deny that _that_ specific unfair treatment actually occurs or is actually unfair. (note i am not saying i agree with them in that white people are being treated unfairly in... video games?)

and so they think the part where they got all the "liberals" is that _now_ that white people are in a similar situation, then we now have to help them defend against the unfairness that's happening to white people... because i guess the implication is is that you'd be a hypocrite if you didn't come out against unfairness to white people?

yet they know liberals treat them "unfairly" due to "DEI" initiatives, being "too woke" and all that. so if the "liberals" are really do what they say they're doing.. why would liberals ever give a poo poo either way about "white" people in the manner that they're expecting. it's as though they don't really care about any of this and it's just grievance politics for them...
It's the same flavor of bullshit as "well you say you're against big corporations and yet you own an iphone :elon: :elon: :elon:". Chuds don't post this poo poo to convince liberals of anything, because liberals are too stupid to understand anyway. They post this poo poo for other chuds so they can all laugh in their safe space about how much more intelligent and logical they are than the libs.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Busters posted:

Boy ive never heard of "Judeo Bolshevism" but is that just straight up mixing antisemitism with anti communism?

Very briefly summed up, that was the original Nazi dogwhistle for "those perfidious jews are the reason why you're not rich".

Buce posted:

don't forget the brief CRT years

'CRT' was such a brief moment comparatively. And it was mostly used as a "YOUR KIDS ARE BEING TAUGHT CRT" kinda thing rather than an all-pervasive, worldwide threat like the way the dumbasses say "woke" (see: Elon Musk constantly saying stupid poo poo like "woke mind virus")

Quote-Unquote fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 29, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Another lawsuit for the pile

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

cant wait to find out what the opinions she expressed in her X accounts that did not conform to the prevailing political orthodoxy actually were

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
given how shadow profiles are things, lol at thinking having a """""""""""""secret"""""""""" account to shitpost is a shield.

never mind if you access the alt. account from the same phone, same home address/from your desk/office/officehardware. lol why do so called computer touchers have such poor infosec and sigint?

also which state does she work from? is it easy to fire them?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

E the Shaggy posted:

Can't wait to see Elon's reaction to this one from his conservative crush:

lmfao

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

kazil posted:

Another lawsuit for the pile

In case you were wondering.

Luigi Thirty posted:

i have no idea who this person is so i checked their timeline and the like third post down is a 2-hour interview with someone who has "ubermensch" in their twitter handle about esoteric hitlerism

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

cant wait to find out what the opinions she expressed in her X accounts that did not conform to the prevailing political orthodoxy actually were

I checked. It's multiple forms of blatant bigotry, OP

I hope you are as shocked as I am that Elon would support this

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

It's the same flavor of bullshit as "well you say you're against big corporations and yet you own an iphone :elon: :elon: :elon:". Chuds don't post this poo poo to convince liberals of anything, because liberals are too stupid to understand anyway. They post this poo poo for other chuds so they can all laugh in their safe space about how much more intelligent and logical they are than the libs.

Also they stick to doing it online because they melt in the face of any kind of reasonable counterargument.

Was stuck in a waiting room today with a guy complaining about undocumented immigrants getting $2000 a week in benefits, I told him that as a US citizen that it seemed like it would be an awesome idea to just wander in and lie about being undocumented for $2000 a week. How hard could it be? Not like they’re verifying anything about me, right?

Amazingly, since he didn’t have someone else’s talking points to parrot back at me about it, he kind of shut up after that.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

...! posted:

Kinda suspicious that this would get her fired from a Jack Dorsey company

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Why doesn't X just hire her, they love pieces of poo poo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jack eats cat turds

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

...! posted:

TBF, it's almost hard to find among all the posts about crypto and "egirls" that read like they were typed by someone who's brain is dribbling out their nose.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah judging by her accounts I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there's more to this story

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Banned for doxxing

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

and yet how long is his current drought ?

lol both Musk and Notch are sooo toxic that they cant even get a gold digger or black widow to attempt them. like Donnie has a better married life than them.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

...! posted:

I've got news for you about Lowtax

well??? what is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

PhazonLink posted:

and yet how long is his current drought ?

lol both Musk and Notch are sooo toxic that they cant even get a gold digger or black widow to attempt them. like Donnie has a better married life than them.

I assume they can buy a sex workers time but I feel like many would refuse.