Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

You can't possibly be pro tipping on these I disbelieve

normal people probably dont tip on those while they do tip at restaurants, but terrible tippers go out of their way to take pictures and make big screeds about it on twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

trap sprung

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

SlimGoodbody posted:

I'm sorry are they trying to say that every 6th person on this earth is unable to eat their refrigerated lunch leftovers for dinner because their body will shut down? People really do just be sayin' poo poo lmao

deadly leftover allergies contribute to 98% of america's food waste

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Just had this Instagram reel pop up, in which Matthew McConaughey talks about how much more fun sports are when you bet $100 on a game.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3dZpzBxlPV/

This poo poo sucks, and the comments are extremely sad. Gotta stop using that app, or at least see if I can block reels with a DNS or VPN setting

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

I don’t get the point of these articles. Why is it strange that people are doing things? Exchanging money for goods and services is the point of an economy. What should they be doing instead, a side hustle?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The "factfinder" says that landlords have to take section 8 tenants bc they can't discriminate against sources of income.

But I thought there were other barriers to section 8, like having to meet federal inspections, that landlords were allowed to opt into. Or is that not the case in NY?

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Nybble posted:

normal people probably dont tip on those while they do tip at restaurants, but terrible tippers go out of their way to take pictures and make big screeds about it on twitter

Okay whew normal viewpoint

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

MickeyFinn posted:

I don’t get the point of these articles. Why is it strange that people are doing things? Exchanging money for goods and services is the point of an economy. What should they be doing instead, a side hustle?

they should be saving up enough money to buy a house and start a family like a responsible adult obviously

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SlimGoodbody posted:

I'm sorry are they trying to say that every 6th person on this earth is unable to eat their refrigerated lunch leftovers for dinner because their body will shut down? People really do just be sayin' poo poo lmao

Edit:

Wife and I couldn't find mayonnaise that wasn't primarily soy based, because that's the cheap way to make it so that's all that gets made, and too much soy turns my guts into a cement mixer for some reason (I miss tofu), so we figured we'd look up how to make our own.

Turns out it's absurdly easy, like stupidly easy, and it tastes way better, so now we just make our own and keep it in a mason jar in the fridge. It is also laughably cheaper than buying a, what is it now, like $9 jar of soybean oil sugar goop? It costs one egg, a little bit of your preferred oil (avocado is nice and neutral) and a splash of mustard and vinegar. We also make our own all purpose vinegar from fruit scraps because we had nothing to do but learn fermentation over lockdown lol

I should talk about that with my mom, she was told to to cut soy out of her diet after getting breast cancer but she still eats mayo.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

SlimGoodbody posted:

Wife and I couldn't find mayonnaise that wasn't primarily soy based, because that's the cheap way to make it so that's all that gets made, and too much soy turns my guts into a cement mixer for some reason (I miss tofu), so we figured we'd look up how to make our own.

Turns out it's absurdly easy, like stupidly easy, and it tastes way better, so now we just make our own and keep it in a mason jar in the fridge. It is also laughably cheaper than buying a, what is it now, like $9 jar of soybean oil sugar goop? It costs one egg, a little bit of your preferred oil (avocado is nice and neutral) and a splash of mustard and vinegar. We also make our own all purpose vinegar from fruit scraps because we had nothing to do but learn fermentation over lockdown lol

seems like you figured it out but i've seen this avocado oil mayo around quite a bit, a bit expensive though https://www.amazon.com/Primal-Kitchen-Mayo-Avocado-Oil/dp/B00ZAD36ZS

looks like this brand is cheaper: https://www.amazon.com/Chosen-Foods-Classic-Avocado-Mayo/dp/B09BDPHX1Q/

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

fart barterer posted:

Just had this Instagram reel pop up, in which Matthew McConaughey talks about how much more fun sports are when you bet $100 on a game.

This poo poo sucks, and the comments are extremely sad. Gotta stop using that app, or at least see if I can block reels with a DNS or VPN setting

I remember a few years back when a couple of idiot celebrities lent their names to shilling crypto during the Super Bowl too. This will probably end in a similar fashion.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

I had an experience today with tipping prior to service for food ordered via a QR code menu on smartphone.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

$4.60 for a scone is outrageous.

World Market sells just-add-water scone mix for like $6; I bought two of them today. And each bag makes like 40 scones.

Also picked up some anchovy paste for homemade caesar's dressing. :cool:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

fart barterer posted:

I hate this poo poo. I am glad that I don't have whatever particular genetic thing that makes people interested in gambling, but I can't watch sports without the constant sports betting poo poo all over it. Half the people I talk to about sports now have the apps and are betting. USA's running one of the only good things we had into the loving ground, feels like they're really ripping the copper out of the walls in this poo poo country now

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

also sorry not sorry but those forced-tip screens when you're paying for take-out are why I pay cash & stuff a couple bills in the tip jar.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

khazar sansculotte posted:

Making your own muesli at home is incredibly easy, super cheap (even more so if you have good a bulk bin shop around), healthy, and delicious. 4 parts oats, 1 part nuts/seeds, 1 part dried fruit, 1/4 part spices. Mix large quantities in a bowl or barrel or whatever and store forever. That's it. Toasting nuts, which is completely optional, and chopping fruit (if you get something other than raisins/dried berries, which is also completely optional) is the only effort even theoretically required. Use it any way you would use cold cereal, oatmeal, or granola.

do you toast the oats?

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Willa Rogers posted:

World Market sells just-add-water scone mix for like $6; I bought two of them today. And each bag makes like 40 scones.

someone should tell them this

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Food chat and tipping chat? :catstare:

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I remember a few years back when a couple of idiot celebrities lent their names to shilling crypto during the Super Bowl too. This will probably end in a similar fashion.

Bitcoin is currently at the highest its ever been.

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

bitcoin is the mold growing on the economy and will follow it wherever it goes

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023
It's digital gold, it'll be worth something for as long as rich people need to hide and shuttle money

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Pick up a tube of tomato paste and anchovy paste and some garlic and you will consistently get a red sauce better than any bottled sauce with negligibly more effort or price and without quickly spoiling ingredients

I think I’d rather olive oil than butter but both work

making red sauce yourself whips I use whole peeled tomato and crush them myself so I can get the perfect torn meaty chunks of tomato in my sauce.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Willa Rogers posted:

i would tip no more than 1 dollar for an anchovy scone

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

uninterrupted posted:

making red sauce yourself whips I use whole peeled tomato and crush them myself so I can get the perfect torn meaty chunks of tomato in my sauce.

When I make my own sauce I generally prefer to use whole romas and either puree or pass the tomato through a siev to depeel, I hate chunky tomato in my sauce though

Cooking down from whole fresh tomato is absolutely worth it if you have a couple of hours

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

My school had just put the calc for business majors course in place a few years before I started and my calc 1 teacher made jokes every day for the like the first week about how sad she was that she couldn't say "half of you will fail this course" now that there weren't any business people in it anymore. Turns out there was one single business guy in that class who had taken it by choice and he got so freaked out that he fled to go be with his people. I think she might have also gotten into a little bit of trouble for those jokes, which is sad.

I don't give a poo poo if you do a STEM degree or whatever but if loving calculus 1 is a weed out class for you then you absolutely should not be allowed anywhere near a management position. It's insane that so many schools recognize this problem and resolve it by effectively removing the requirement.
reminder the business schools and degrees were created as a response to economics degrees spitting out graduates woefully unequipped to manage businesses

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

It's digital gold, it'll be worth something for as long as rich people need to hide and shuttle money

in the queue at ellis island and making GBS threads myself because the wifi isnt working

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Vertical integration between media and sports books is making watching the stuff insufferable. I dont need to hear about a guys prop bets during the game broadcast.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

no lube so what posted:

do you toast the oats?

I tried once and didn't think it was worth it. I was kind of hoping for something more granola-like, but that won't happen since you're not adding any sugar and oil to the mix. But maybe you will like it more!

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

comedyblissoption posted:

reminder the business schools and degrees were created as a response to economics degrees spitting out graduates woefully unequipped to manage businesses

And good thing they did, too. I don't know where we would be without business majors to manage things.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Nybble posted:

There have been hospitality studies on these things and actually it turns out normal people do grow resentful of seeing these screens everywhere and it starts to make them tip less across the board. It's an understood phenomenon and business do it anyways cause the temp benefit of telling workers they can make tips outweighs the longterm decline in tipped wages to the owners.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

ya I’m not tipping in that situation either

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

skooma512 posted:

Food chat and tipping chat? :catstare:

it's better than weed chat

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Scarabrae posted:

ya I’m not tipping in that situation either

give the drone an extra dollar imo

it's a lovely situation they're in. give them a dollar. it costs you one dollar to just give them a friggin dollar

032924_3
Mar 29, 2024
Is the Security Apparatus financially solvent? :thunk:

032924_3
Mar 29, 2024
but what about the liabilities of that dollar???

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

a computer asks you: "would you like to give someone one single solitary dollar?"

do you

a) give them a dollar
b) decline to give them a dollar
c) get so angry at the suggestion that you might give someone a dollar that you run home and post on Twitter about it and receive 8.6k likes

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Give a dollar? In this economy?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

loquacius posted:

a computer asks you: "would you like to give someone one single solitary dollar?"

do you

a) give them a dollar
b) decline to give them a dollar
c) get so angry at the suggestion that you might give someone a dollar that you run home and post on Twitter about it and receive 8.6k likes

This is a wierd hill to die on those screens suck rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Biplane posted:

Give a dollar? In this economy?