Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BG&E2 never exists, never will exist, and never should exist. People who speak of it or claim to have seen 'trailers' are just trying to get attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think the smoke on the street is that the Star Wars Outlaws game looks like a reskinning/recycling of existing work done for BGE2, based on vaguetweets from journalists who saw closed-door footage of BGE2 years ago and when the Outlaws trailer came out they were like "that looks really familiar"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I think the answer to that question is "zero because it was stripped for parts and staff long ago"

You don't even have to rely on secondhand reports of private demos, the stealth course in the first half of the gameplay reveal is very, very, very BG&E flavored

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I hope Joseph Gordon-Levitt got paid a lot for his hosed up content theft thing in BG&E2.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hope he didn't

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

Yeah I think the answer to that question is "zero because it was stripped for parts and staff long ago"

You don't even have to rely on secondhand reports of private demos, the stealth course in the first half of the gameplay reveal is very, very, very BG&E flavored

It even includes animation and artwork from BG&E2 public demos.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
animation borrowing really isn't that uncommon between games from the same publisher.

i'm curious what artwork was reused.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rinkles posted:

animation borrowing really isn't that uncommon between games from the same publisher.

i'm curious what artwork was reused.

in this case, it's not even really "animation borrowing" so much as it is trying to salvage the work that was already done

a lot of the BG&E2 preview vids had assets that could be pretty easily sanded down into star wars stuff if you took the stylization down a bit and scrubbed any real world references, so i'm more than willing to believe that it was them wanting to recover a few dollars from the money pit

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's basically no point in making BGE2 anymore now that Ancel is gone, the project was probably essentially cancelled at that point

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vermain posted:

in this case, it's not even really "animation borrowing" so much as it is trying to salvage the work that was already done

a lot of the BG&E2 preview vids had assets that could be pretty easily sanded down into star wars stuff if you took the stylization down a bit and scrubbed any real world references, so i'm more than willing to believe that it was them wanting to recover a few dollars from the money pit

Its this, and its not so much an accusation of laziness, or anything like that. But that goes without saying for UBISoft, I mean you've all seen Skull & Bones, but that its further proof that UBISoft is salvaging Beyond Good and Evil 2 for Star Wars Outlaws.

Against my better judgment, I am actually excited for Outlaws.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Infinitum posted:

How many are working on the black hole money pit that is Beyond Good & Evil 2?
It's supposed to have been a relatively small R&D project by Ancel's then-personal team. Who knows whether they made the mistake of ramping it up after his departure.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Playing Banishers rn. Is there a thread for it? I love the setting and the writing/atmosphere/music is bomb. Def made ok gameplay tho lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm curious how you feel about the Banishers as you get further into it. I liked the game and the premise a lot at first, but then started to realized that you're doing the exact same puzzles and tedious traveling over and over again.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I said come in! posted:

I'm curious how you feel about the Banishers as you get further into it. I liked the game and the premise a lot at first, but then started to realized that you're doing the exact same puzzles and tedious traveling over and over again.

I really enjoyed The Sinking City, Vampyre, and Sherlock Holmes The Awakened so my tolerance for mediocre/repetitive gameplay is really, really high if I like the story and atmosphere lol.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I watched Fury Road and it made me want to replay the Mad Max game. I know it's not the best, but it's one of those games that's just really competently made, plays well and just a really good 7/10.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don’t think I ever finished the mad max game. It was good but I eventually got tired of icon hunting

Maybe I’ll go back to it if I hit a gaming lull

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Do they ever explain why he's so mad?

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Gaius Marius posted:

Dead family, like every other 80s and 90s action hero.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
mad max was repetition incarnate but it had top notch vroom vroom sounds. best i'd ever heard

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Gaius Marius posted:

It's cuz he lives in Australia

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

He's Australian

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

ImpAtom posted:

BG&E2 never exists, never will exist, and never should exist. People who speak of it or claim to have seen 'trailers' are just trying to get attention.

Beyond Good & Evil Forever?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
cloud strife stealth missioning a normal-rear end cow

I greatly appreciate that square is reveling in the absurdity of ff7 with remake and rebirth but this almost seems TOO weird

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Can you stealth hunt a house monster?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i know i have a talking dog with a traumatic backstory and a cat puppet wearing a little crown in my party but honestly the game lost me when it asked me to quietly approach a cow

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Honestly seeing a regular cow was way weirder than any of the freaks and monsters all over the rest of the game so far yeah

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Laugh now, but wait until you find out that cow is actually Sephiroth

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

There is a cow level....

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

a cat puppet wearing a little crown in my party

:frogon:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shard posted:

I watched Fury Road and it made me want to replay the Mad Max game. I know it's not the best, but it's one of those games that's just really competently made, plays well and just a really good 7/10.

I just finished the story for this game this week but am working on the side content and getting all achievements now.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Electric Phantasm posted:

Laugh now, but wait until you find out that cow is actually Sephiroth
bovinova cells....

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

mad max was repetition incarnate but it had top notch vroom vroom sounds. best i'd ever heard

driving across the desert with Chumbucket was super satisfying.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I spent the day watching my ten-year-old nephew play Subnautica, god what a loving gem of a game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I got my sister onto that game and now she occasionally texts me when she gets one of her friends to play and stream it so she can get that second hit.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRY9GxTYrz8

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

who wore it better

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Sylvester

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GIyTFl4Cb4&t=2s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Shard posted:

It needed 4x more vehicle missions, 1/4 the on-foot missions, 1/16th the resource grind, and a complete elimination of the dog/mine missions... then it would've hit an 8.
Would've been a 9 if they managed to make it themed specifically after Fury Road, with names, likenesses, and story (loosely) intact.