Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Warren Zevon was an incredible singer-songwriter and it makes me sad that 95% of people are only familiar with his output as 'lol he sang the novelty werewolf song'. :(

:confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6V2oCX3Hn4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Warren Zevon was an incredible singer-songwriter and it makes me sad that 95% of people are only familiar with his output as 'lol he sang the novelty werewolf song'. :(

the gently caress you mean “novelty”?

It’s a genuine song from the heart.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Null of Undefined posted:

It is a good song my only gripe with it is that it gets put on halloween playlists all the time and while it may be halloween in theme it's not halloween in vibe.

The over use of it as THE Halloween song may be where my dislike comes from.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
If I need a lighthearted monster jam for ringing in the season, it's gunna be monsters rule, ok

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Roland the headless Thompson gunner
Keep me in your heart for a while
Excitable boys
Lawyers guns and money

Bangers

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Calling it novelty is like calling Space Oddity a novelty song lol.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It is

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

Excitable boys
Lawyers guns and money

Bangers

dont forget my shits hosed up another BANGER

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
i like the space song

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kvlt! posted:

Lemme hear this. I’ve always been bad with music so I tend to listen to what I grew up with.

I do love some zevon. I was sad when he died

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ooh wait I heard this song. Really good. My dad got his last album when it came out

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Watching this right now and it kicks rear end

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
As I was saying before the booing started-----

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

What do you think of the song Lobo Hombre en Paris?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Count Thrashula posted:

I'm watching it as part of the Last Drive in and it's a trip :laffo:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

As I was saying before the booing started-----

BOOOOOOOOOOO

urns

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I'm watching it as part of the Last Drive in and it's a trip :laffo:

Yep! Same here. It's buck wild

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I think what's making it work for me is that it's low budget and disgusting but it doesn't feel like it's trying to be "ironic" about it - more Troma than Velocipastor. The televangelist stuff is amazing. It's very stupid and at points I find it more dumb-gross than fun-gross but the people working on it feel like they both know good horror (the Raimi shot near the start and the direct reference to [REC] were both great) and care about making something nasty and goopy with barely any budget. It's fun stuff.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Count Thrashula posted:

hell yes I haven't gotten to that one yet but I'll be happy to have something to look forward to

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

My guy Rottentail is unbearable.

The main scientist makes me feel like I'm watching a Spoony video and it has about the same budget as one.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kvlt! posted:

HIT SOMEBODY

E:

CelticPredator posted:

Excitable boys
Lawyers guns and money

Bangers

Three out of four of those, plus Werewolves, and a song about the US occupation of Veracruz all on the same album, too. Dude fuckin came out swinging on that one

Phy fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 30, 2024

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My dad showed me Roland the headless Thompson gunner on his laptop using a loving real player wav or something lmao. It sounded like rear end

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

My dad showed me Roland the headless Thompson gunner on his laptop using a loving real player wav or something lmao. It sounded like rear end

your dad sounds like an og

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The ICP c-listers doing tracks for Rottentail makes so much loving sense.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

TheKingslayer posted:

I literally just said the same thing to my wife. I only recognized Twiztid, but when the subtitles showed it was then I thought "yeah, that checks out."

All in all a solid 2.5/5. I doubt I'd ever watch it again but you can tell this was some sort of passion project. Skiba wanted to make this because he thought he had something good, not because he thought he had something ironically "bad" (a la Velocipastor). I could be wrong, but it was fine.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I miss JBB taking letters from people in jail back in the 90s instead of weepy nerds writing sob stories like today.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Count Thrashula posted:

I literally just said the same thing to my wife. I only recognized Twiztid, but when the subtitles showed it was then I thought "yeah, that checks out."

All in all a solid 2.5/5. I doubt I'd ever watch it again but you can tell this was some sort of passion project. Skiba wanted to make this because he thought he had something good, not because he thought he had something ironically "bad" (a la Velocipastor). I could be wrong, but it was fine.

Yeah, this was a comedy that missed more than it hit but it came out of a place of passion. Not great, but there were some scenes like the shotgun beheading that really got me to crack a smile. A little too long, a little too dumb, but ambitious in its own way with some really fun and weird opening scenes. Twiztid being featured on the soundtrack had me cracking up mostly for the wrong reasons, and the goop was good. I'll take movies like this that have actual energy without the constant winking and nudging over something like Commando Ninja or Velocipastor most days, at least at their foundation.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Efffff. Probably already discussed here....but I ain't digging through the rubble. Spiders are not cool. This movie doesn't look cool. Good luck getting me to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Ifzil7QTo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Spiders are extremely cool

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I can't wait for Sting. Maybe my most anticipated horror of the year because I love creature features and for me spiders are pure nightmare fuel. Like, literally I have semi-regular nightmares with situations very similar to what's shown in that trailer. And for whatever reason my nightmares always seem to be about the spindly black-widow style spiders rather than the hairy tarantulas you more commonly see in movies.

One of my common nightmares is very simple, I'm laying on the bed/couch and see some movement out of the corner of my eye but whatever it was scurries under the bed before I can identify it. I peer over the side and under the bed and OH poo poo there's a swarm of giant spiders under there scurrying around!

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

Better or worse than the all-ICP, all-the-time (and goopiest movie ever) Demons at the Door?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Basebf555 posted:

I can't wait for Sting. Maybe my most anticipated horror of the year because I love creature features and for me spiders are pure nightmare fuel. Like, literally I have semi-regular nightmares with situations very similar to what's shown in that trailer. And for whatever reason my nightmares always seem to be about the spindly black-widow style spiders rather than the hairy tarantulas you more commonly see in movies.

One of my common nightmares is very simple, I'm laying on the bed/couch and see some movement out of the corner of my eye but whatever it was scurries under the bed before I can identify it. I peer over the side and under the bed and OH poo poo there's a swarm of giant spiders under there scurrying around!

Sting and that French spider movie too. They both take place in an apartment building as well.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Basebf555 posted:

Interesting. You like nightmares?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I like nightmares. They make for cool ideas I can use for movies

The dreams that freak me out more are ones that are grounded and realistic in the sense that they’re not about anything insane

Those just leave me with such a funky feeling in the morning

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

I can't wait for Sting.

he recently retired :(

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Interesting. You like nightmares?

I don't enjoy them but I don't really mind them either. I'm usually semi-lucid anyway when I dream so a lot of the time nightmares are like little interactive horror movies, which can be kinda fun.

Anyway I definitely do enjoy movies that tap into my nightmares though. It means the movie might actually scare me and put me on the edge of my seat, which is a rare thing these days.

CelticPredator posted:

The dreams that freak me out more are ones that are grounded and realistic in the sense that they’re not about anything insane

Yea I think the most depressing dream I've ever had was just me standing at the copy machine at my office. I stand there and I make some copies. This goes on for a minute or two, me making some photocopies. Then the dream ends, that's it. I made some copies.

Dreams like that really make you question just what the hell you're doing with your life.

Basebf555 fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Mar 30, 2024

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Warren Zevon has one of the best live albums of all time and in the live version of Werewolves of London he shouts out Brian De Palma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJukdwZxtS8

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Werewolves of London is a bad song
Knock Knock
Who's there?
Ah
Ah who?
Werewolves of London

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Werewolves of London is a great song. The rest of Zevon's catalog is not good. Werewolves is a bit of a novelty song, but still rules. Space Oddity is also a bit of a novelty song and I'm going to say it's not as great as Werewolves. Bowie has some real crap in his catalog (I'm looking at you, Tin Machine) but much of it is better than anything Zevon wrote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Efffff. Probably already discussed here....but I ain't digging through the rubble. Spiders are not cool. This movie doesn't look cool. Good luck getting me to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Ifzil7QTo

Saw the trailer for this the other day and I'm already excited. Always love a good creature feature.

In fact, since Hollywood are so obsessed with remaking Gen X blockbusters, give us a new Arachnophobia.