Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
three times now I have tried to get into this bandit camp area that seems to only be accessible via one of those hand pulley things in Battahl

and three times while I was cranking this lovely little cart across the game spawns a gryphon who divebombs it and instakills my entire party. these things are nothing but a cruel joke from the devs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Jack B Nimble posted:

Eh, I'm 40 hours in now, and I just spent a few minutes watching two rock golems and a pack of knackers all chain stun/rag doll my character the entire fight, and I hit that point where I realized this isn't actually fun. Just watching my character get hit, get knocked down, take a l o n g t i m e getting back up, just to have another enemy come in from off screen and start all the bull poo poo over again. The fights don't feel harder in Batahl, they just feel more frustrating.

I will say I do not like how long my character takes to get up. The first game had a Fighter skill where you can get up quickly if you time it right. Does it still exist?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Unlucky7 posted:

I will say I do not like how long my character takes to get up. The first game had a Fighter skill where you can get up quickly if you time it right. Does it still exist?

Yes. And it's still on fighters. Their 2nd to last augment I think.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yes. And it's still on fighters. Their 2nd to last augment I think.

Oh, its an augment now? Before it was a Core Skill, so that is kind of great actually.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 30, 2024

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I don't think the augment is as good as the old skill, at least the few times I've had it on.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Wow screw the Riddle of Rumination, guess I'm not finishing the Sphinx content

Cleaning up the map I kinda wish I finished exploring Vermund before setting foot in Battahl since the loot is all lower leveled

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Lakbay posted:

I honestly think this is meaner than the Dragonsplague since they at least warn you about it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, give them the other master skill which lets you automatically dodge anything and it will dodge the self immolation. The explosion does insane damage if it hits anything.

Oh man I can't wait.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lol at how the NG+ option asks you multiple times "Are you sure? Are you really really sure? Maybe you should speak with your family and friends before making this grave decision?"

Lakbay posted:

Cleaning up the map I kinda wish I finished exploring Vermund before setting foot in Battahl since the loot is all lower leveled

Does anyone know what the token for that riddle is in NG+? I read from someone that it updates to the first one you get on the NG+ (which would be great if so, because there's no loving way I can remember which one I got first on my original playthrough).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Mar 30, 2024

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

Lakbay posted:

if you're on pc theres a mod that adds a quest marker for it. I wouldn't have been able to finish the quest without it thats for sure

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Lakbay posted:

I failed that one and could still progress the questline.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Lakbay posted:

check nexus mods

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Vargs posted:

I failed that one and could still progress the questline.

That's good to know, I'm on PS5 so no mods for me

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Do the seeker tokens reset in Ng+?

I'd rather avoid a mod if I can, but I'm very glad it exists

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
There's so much west of the border town accessed by the dry river bed that just exists for its own sake, it's great

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

This rear end in a top hat won't take my Seeder Tokens. Who does he think he is?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

The Lone Badger posted:

This rear end in a top hat won't take my Seeder Tokens. Who does he think he is?

They have to actually be in your inventory, not your storage. I hate it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ytlaya posted:

Does anyone know what the token for that riddle is in NG+? I read from someone that it updates to the first one you get on the NG+ (which would be great if so, because there's no loving way I can remember which one I got first on my original playthrough).

It's the first token you found in your current playthrough, so yes if you do NG+, it will be the first one you found in that specific NG+ run.

Found this out myself because I was hoping it worked that way in my second playthrough, and it did! Failed that one in my first playthrough.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Trenchdeep posted:

Do the seeker tokens reset in Ng+?

I'd rather avoid a mod if I can, but I'm very glad it exists

Yes, they reset.

In NG+ it is the first token you pick up in that run of NG+.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nuebot posted:

They have to actually be in your inventory, not your storage. I hate it.

I had them in my hand. But he'll only accept Seeker Tokens.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sea Lily posted:

It's the first token you found in your current playthrough, so yes if you do NG+, it will be the first one you found in that specific NG+ run.

Found this out myself because I was hoping it worked that way in my second playthrough, and it did! Failed that one in my first playthrough.

My situation in my first playthrough was exceptionally bad, because I somehow went a really long time before finding my first token. So a lot of the more intuitive places wouldn't even apply. All I can say for certain is "somewhere in Vermund."

But I'll definitely stick a map marker down as soon as I find one this time.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

The Lone Badger posted:

I had them in my hand. But he'll only accept Seeker Tokens.

Oh, drat, I got robble robbled by a forgery and I wasn't even in-game. I love the name shenanigans.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I was lucky because my first token was at a very memorable place - the big statue on a hill near the witch family's house (the one where the granny walks up to) so I remembered it vividly.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I seem to notice this party is comprised of women all

I don't mind, Arisen

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

I remember the first time you could give more specific feedback to pawns you sent away, from a selection of presets. I wish there was more than the thumb or heart in this.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

CharlestonJew posted:

three times now I have tried to get into this bandit camp area that seems to only be accessible via one of those hand pulley things in Battahl

and three times while I was cranking this lovely little cart across the game spawns a gryphon who divebombs it and instakills my entire party. these things are nothing but a cruel joke from the devs

Both times I tried to use those (admittedly while being underleveled for the area) I got mobbed by harpies which lead to death.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Ventured into the (ending talk) post-game. Was really concerned the game wouldn't feature the best part of the first one. Seeing the II is hilarious. Although, I wonder, what happens if you just take the throne? Does it just not happen? Are you able to gently caress yourself from the final act of the game, or is it like the end of the first one where you just sit there forever?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
How does so many pawns have the corset armor, was it part of a preorder package or something?
I refuse to believe that all these people have gathered 150 seeker tokens.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

How does so many pawns have the corset armor, was it part of a preorder package or something?
I refuse to believe that all these people have gathered 150 seeker tokens.
Honestly, it makes the weirdos who complain about their pawns calling them gay funnier because in my experience it's nearly impossible to find a male pawn.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Vookatos posted:

Honestly, it makes the weirdos who complain about their pawns calling them gay funnier because in my experience it's nearly impossible to find a male pawn.

skill issue

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I bought some robes for my mage pawn in Bakbatahl which had much better stats and turns out it's basically a bikini.
Good thing there's no icy regions in the game.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
E NM

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Mar 30, 2024

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Not being a dick but we've already been told to move on from that by a mod

HopperUK posted:

I see the thread is already moving on but no more 'knacker' discussion. It's been used as a slur but it's not cut and dried and it has a lot of non-slur meanings so let's not get caught up in seeing bigotry where none exists. Cheers.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Not being a dick but

Too late.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

lol at how the NG+ option asks you multiple times "Are you sure? Are you really really sure? Maybe you should speak with your family and friends before making this grave decision?"

It asks you that if you haven't got to the "true" ending yet, because there's a few more hours of game left after the credits roll for the first time.

It's pretty dumb how easy they made it to miss the unmoored world endgame completely.

Vookatos posted:

Ventured into the (ending talk) post-game. Was really concerned the game wouldn't feature the best part of the first one. Seeing the II is hilarious. Although, I wonder, what happens if you just take the throne? Does it just not happen? Are you able to gently caress yourself from the final act of the game, or is it like the end of the first one where you just sit there forever?

After you become Sovran, if you just let the credits roll until the end you're just sent back to the main menu. You can start NG+ after that, but you can also load last save that puts you back on the dragon's back, so you can still get to the unmoored world.

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Mar 30, 2024

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Not being a dick but we've already been told to move on from that by a mod

Oh oops I was a few pages back, disregard! I didn't see it as bigoted just kinda wild to see

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Anyone running daggers/magic bow on a Wayfarer? I have skull splitter and satellite avalanche but can’t decide on the 3rd skill. Currently have smoke screen just because I’ve never used it before

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Lakbay posted:

Anyone running daggers/magic bow on a Wayfarer? I have skull splitter and satellite avalanche but can’t decide on the 3rd skill. Currently have smoke screen just because I’ve never used it before
I've done it - I went with ricochet hunter to be able to empty caves with no effort or draw and quarter to get more damage out of climbing on things.

Third World Reagan posted:

Yes, they reset.

In NG+ it is the first token you pick up in that run of NG+.

Ah, thanks. Fortunately I managed to find the one I was looking for.

God those riddles suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is there a bestiary or something I can look at to see what's weak to what?