Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
garth ennis is a hell of a writer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

The fact the show cut the guy being chemically dependent on his mother's breast milk, I think that's a good thing

he's still a major character they just cut that entire part of his character out along with the boys having super powers from the start

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Moviebob thought all the poo poo surrounding Stormfront was good (the joke of the Girls Get It Done stuff was completely lost on him) and was bummed out when she "revealed" herself to be evil.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
my man need breast milk or he wont be able to use his super strength

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Garth Ennis was writing with his Garth Pennis

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Moviebob thought all the poo poo surrounding Stormfront was good (the joke of the Girls Get It Done stuff was completely lost on him) and was bummed out when she "revealed" herself to be evil.

lol she literally shows off pictures of herself hanging out with nazis at picnics and not even neo nazis these are the OG nazis

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i have read a regrettable amount of garth ennis because i enjoyed punisher MAX and let me tell you he hates the government but he really loves the military, especially the british military

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I've seen multiple people fail to realise that Homelander is not a good person so there was no way they were going to cope with Stormfront

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
comic homelander eats babies but it was later revealed that homelander wasnt the one eating the babies but the fact he believed he ate the babies proves he would have if he thought of it first

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
"OK but the fact I believed it says a lot"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they had the right idea when they threw out of most of the story for the amazon series and just used it as a framework becase the boys is not a very good comic lol

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they had the right idea when they threw out of most of the story for the amazon series and just used it as a framework becase the boys is not a very good comic lol

when you're right, you're right

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Speaking of Moviebob there was the goon Raenier Salazar who was a big moviebob fan who someone discovered replyguys to him constantly (never gets acknowledged) and whenever people in the online creators thread (circa like 3 or 4 years ago) made fun of moviebob he'd go to twitter to tell him his honor is being besmirched.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
now you see in the comics homelander is the strongest hero in the world but he's crazy but since he hasnt done anything wrong yet the clone of homelander Black Noir who was created to kill Homelander goes crazy Homelander hasn't gone crazy yet. so he decides to gaslight homelander by eating babies and doing hosed up evil poo poo constantly and sending videos to Homelander to gas light him eventually homelander goes crazy and then the white house blows up

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Yep. It is way to Ennis and mean-spirited. Like that Crossed book he did.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

pentyne posted:

Some people were extremely confused by episode 3 of 3 Body Problem because some characters are committing suicide and it doesn't make sense.

And the idea that perhaps it's part of an unrevealed mystery is deemed bad writing.

Has anyone complained that it was Western Sinophobic propaganda?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

movieblob

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
what too much nintendo and twitter will do to a mf

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's amazing to me that self-proclaimed nerds weren't aware of how things went in the comic. I haven't even read the Stormfront arc, and I knew there was a nazi superhero. And the name is Stormfront. You are an extremely online nerd and you don't get the joke immediately? And then the same people make/promote a 15-hour long video essay on media literacy.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

mycot posted:

I think they are also the same poster who thought it was impossible for Pedro Pascal in The Last of Us to have a black daughter.

That DICK! posted:

I could never beat the homey d game

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

lol at listing insults as an alias. Wikipedia should do this

Aliases: [link to the cspam trump thread]

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

what too much nintendo and twitter will do to a mf

If he had played more Nintendo he would have had less time to be on Twitter. Let's not get hasty with our blame here.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

HopperUK posted:

I've seen multiple people fail to realise that Homelander is not a good person so there was no way they were going to cope with Stormfront

I've never seen anyone think Homelander was straight up The Good Guy unless they were obviously just edgelording/memeing but I have seen a lot of unironic "Homelander is evil, but at least he's not a Nazi" which is....missing the point of that character, honestly.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
homelander is a ... chud?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Dongicus posted:

movieblob

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfWT9FihtCI&t=68s

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Dongicus posted:

yabushige ftw lol. love when he starts talking like a yakuza guuy too lol

first time i saw that i had to make sure the actor wasnt in yakuza

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Speaking of Moviebob there was the goon Raenier Salazar who was a big moviebob fan who someone discovered replyguys to him constantly (never gets acknowledged) and whenever people in the online creators thread (circa like 3 or 4 years ago) made fun of moviebob he'd go to twitter to tell him his honor is being besmirched.

Raenir Salazar may be the stupidest man in Canada

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

now you see in the comics homelander is the strongest hero in the world but he's crazy but since he hasnt done anything wrong yet the clone of homelander Black Noir who was created to kill Homelander goes crazy Homelander hasn't gone crazy yet. so he decides to gaslight homelander by eating babies and doing hosed up evil poo poo constantly and sending videos to Homelander to gas light him eventually homelander goes crazy and then the white house blows up

Yeah well I bet youdve done the same thing in either ones shoes! Don't be judgy

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the boys will be the boys

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

There were like 1 or 2 people in the TVIV thread (terrible place) convinced the show isnt political satire and that the writers aren't leaning into trump parallels with Homelander which I think even a small child could realize they're wrong lol.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Dongicus posted:

yabushige ftw lol. love when he starts talking like a yakuza guuy too lol

From what I read he'd use coarse slang when talking to his nephew and so on, but when it comes to toranaga he'd code switch to deferential court language. sometimes he'd slip and do a yakuza slang then say a bunch of formal words to cover up his mistake

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Paladinus posted:

It's amazing to me that self-proclaimed nerds weren't aware of how things went in the comic. I haven't even read the Stormfront arc, and I knew there was a nazi superhero. And the name is Stormfront. You are an extremely online nerd and you don't get the joke immediately? And then the same people make/promote a 15-hour long video essay on media literacy.

There was one goon who got really upset in the totk Zelda thread because they never found the paraglider and the game was brutally difficult because of it. Turns out in the cutscene after the tutorial the game zooms in on the place where you get said paraglider as a hint of 'go here' and that goon never understood that was the intent of that cutscene

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

There was one goon who got really upset in the totk Zelda thread because they never found the paraglider and the game was brutally difficult because of it. Turns out in the cutscene after the tutorial the game zooms in on the place where you get said paraglider as a hint of 'go here' and that goon never understood that was the intent of that cutscene

Only the smartest people on the internet post on this website.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Spanish Manlove posted:

lol amazing

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
"I suck at this game therefore the game is poorly designed" is one of my favourite genres of goon

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

"I suck at this game therefore the game is poorly designed" is one of my favourite genres of goon

yeah, thats why they all hate life

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
To be fair, people elsewhere on the Internet are just as dumb. I love reading posts on r/guitar asking if you can play Jimmy buffet covers with a red guitar or posts on r/diy asking if something is fixable themselves when the picture is clearly extensive termite damage throughout an entire attic

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
it is v satisfying telling someone "skill issue" and meaning it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Bright side phil