Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
How do you get the fountain functioning? Mine would run for two minutes and then the pump would get clogged with cat hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

kingturnip posted:

It's a bit mean-spirited, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the stories of people who looked at their expired passport and thought "It'll be fine to go on holiday with this", only to find out [shock] that it wasn't fine.

Bit more to it than that.

Previously if you still had time remaining on your passport when you renewed it would get carried over to the new one, so your new passport's expiry date would be in 10 years + however many months you had remaining on your old one. You could carry as much as 9 months over, so people whose passport claims to be valid for several more months are being denied travel at the last moment because the issue date exceeds 10 years. There's also an EU rule that your passport has to be valid for three months on the day you return home, which means you can't travel really with a passport older than 9 years and ~8 months.

The Government has done nothing to make people aware of this, and companies are doing nothing to prevent people booking holidays they won't be able to go on. So while I normally enjoy a a bit of Bregret it's pretty undeserved here.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Passports are bullshit anyway, should have joined Schengen. Don't even have to be in the EU for that.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

News saying it's a gorgeous day but please don't jump in the river thames cause it's full of e coli.

If that isn't a summary of modern Britain I don't know what is.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Had hot cross ants for breakfast :yum:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mebh posted:

News saying it's a gorgeous day but please don't jump in the river thames cause it's full of e coli.

If that isn't a summary of modern Britain I don't know what is.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-68674088

Check out the link on it.

Actual photo of Thames water:

Piss or Lucozade Sport, only taste can tell.
And lol, the rowers are going to get a lung full of poo poo water anyway in the spray.
Good few going to be sick the coming week.

Edit: And as for brunch, had an egg omelette burrito, two vegan sausage rolls, and an apple turnover.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Mebh posted:

please don't jump in the river thames cause it's full of e coli.

Counterpoint: the river is also full of prescription drugs and cocaine

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
piss poo poo and drugs. breakfast of champions

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

happyhippy posted:

Even then it's a hard call if the person is diabetic.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lmao why did you fill your river with piss, that seems like a bad idea.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The alternative was a Thames Water exec having a smaller bonus.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Guavanaut posted:

Had hot cross ants for breakfast :yum:

I hate those Bile Spewers from Helldivers

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

happyhippy posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-68674088

Check out the link on it.

Actual photo of Thames water:

And lol, the rowers are going to get a lung full of poo poo water anyway in the spray.
Good few going to be sick the coming week.

Edit: And as for brunch, had an egg omelette burrito, two vegan sausage rolls, and an apple turnover.

lol we're going to be seen in the future as completely equivalent to contemporary popular thoughts about how everyone in the middle ages just lived in open sewers

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I liked the recent thames story of when the police were searching the river for the guy who did the acid attack in Clapham, and didn't find his body but did find two unexpected other bodies. Corpses just bobbing about like apples in there

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Hope this will make Sun writers leave 16 year olds alone at least.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I wonder what that robot is thinking about

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Shes gonna get her nipples caught something fierce if that robot sits up, you mark my words. :colbert:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Electric sheep obvs

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

They're gonna get replaced with 3 month old Sexbot Mk1s fresh off the assembly line.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Toby Young googling for "what is the age of consent for robots"

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Guavanaut posted:

Toby Young googling for "what is the age of consent for robots"

Four year lifespan because after that they start developing traumatic memories.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Failed Imagineer posted:

“I hope we manage to hold on to Draupnir”

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

kingturnip posted:

It's a bit mean-spirited, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the stories of people who looked at their expired passport and thought "It'll be fine to go on holiday with this", only to find out [shock] that it wasn't fine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68677938

quote:

Jane Opher, 61, in London, said she was "traumatised" after being told she and her partner couldn't board their flight to Barcelona at Gatwick in February, even though they'd checked in online.

She says the issue with her passport was "a technicality" the airlines should be able to deal with.

"As someone who used to live in Spain, I feel angry that I cannot go to Spain as easily as I used to," she added.

how'd ya vote in 2016, Jane?

hrrrrnrrnnngngnngmmmmm

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

keep punching joe posted:

Four year lifespan because after that they start developing traumatic memories.

(Que people asking how much it would cost for the robot to come pre-packaged with traumatic memories.)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

kingturnip posted:

I'm an absolute cretin who hasn't been abroad since I was a teenager & I still know that if your passport is expiring in the 6 months after you go abroad you'd be best replacing it just in case, because different countries have different rules. Never mind a loving expired one.

If we wanted passport free travel around Europe we could've joined Schengen but instead we quit the EU completely because there were Romanians coming here to work jobs that no one else wanted to do. Stupid loving country.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
In some other alternate universe we joined Schengen, Euro, have ID cards and also David Bowie is still around.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i mean thanks to boris's big bonkers brexit bargaining that's northern ireland except for the euro and bowie part

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Monetary union without fiscal union is a bad idea.
We could be in Schengen without being in the Eurozone though (or even without being in the EU, like Norway.)

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

forkboy84 posted:

I'm an absolute cretin who hasn't been abroad since I was a teenager & I still know that if your passport is expiring in the 6 months after you go abroad you'd be best replacing it just in case, because different countries have different rules. Never mind a loving expired one.

These people aren’t trying to travel on expired passports, the passports are valid, but the UK rule is that passports are valid for ten years, plus any leftover validity you had on your old passport at time of renewal, up to nine months. The European rule is that your passport can only be used up to the tenth anniversary of issue.

So some people have up to nine months left on a passport that is more than ten years old, so they assume it’s valid and fine, but the EU won’t let them in.

It is pretty dumb, but it’s not as totally dumb as trying to travel on a passport that is past its expiry date.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
several of the boat racers have ecoli poisoning lol

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

crispix posted:

Lol great news.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

crispix posted:

:itwaspoo::itwaspoo::itwaspoo::itwaspoo::itwaspoo::itwaspoo::itwaspoo:
:itwaspoo::itwaspoo::itwaspoo::itwaspoo::itwaspoo::itwaspoo::itwaspoo:

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Scientastic posted:

These people aren’t trying to travel on expired passports, the passports are valid, but the UK rule is that passports are valid for ten years, plus any leftover validity you had on your old passport at time of renewal, up to nine months. The European rule is that your passport can only be used up to the tenth anniversary of issue.

So some people have up to nine months left on a passport that is more than ten years old, so they assume it’s valid and fine, but the EU won’t let them in.

It is pretty dumb, but it’s not as totally dumb as trying to travel on a passport that is past its expiry date.

If you're spending hundreds of pounds at least on a holiday abroad, I feel like a bit of extra money to renew your passport is the bare minimum you should.

It has reminded me that I need to renew mine, though. Not that I have any holiday plans.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

keep punching joe posted:

Lol great news.
Probably, I mean things don't change unless they affect the poshos so hopefully if one of them gets really sick something might change with the water companies there'll be a new and exciting* qanon branch about how lizard men are targeting our boat race with underwater ulez cameras or something.

* may be horrifying.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

That's the current plan to stop small boats. Just need more and stronger poo so that any rubber boats will just dissolve on contact.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
poo bum country

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

attack on titan but the wall is made of poo

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Thames goes through Oxford.
So its possible the posho inhaled his or her own shite.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Attack on shitein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Yet more small boats causing a pr problem for Rishi.