Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Crazyweasel posted:

there was some news story about despair for young men who aren’t going to college and working and stuff, while young women are increasing year over year in all these regards.

Some men’s studies think tank dick was like “we need to pay attention to these young men and find ways to help them” and all the young women they interviewed were like “Women were ignored for most of history. I don’t see why I have to care about boys that can’t get their poo poo together”.

I also love how the dude is like “I can’t pay my bills!” - yea well then sell it at a loss fucker and realize you’re dumb as poo poo.

im proposing a one time $60000 tax credit for every man in america to get behind the wheel of a brand new ford f150 raptor. lets get our boys back on solid financial ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Is it sadder that he was still working at 9pm or is it sadder to guess he was pretending to still be working thinking that would impress beached whale?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
If you can make a product cheaper, you shouldn't lower the price. Instead you should pocket the additional profit. Otherwise people might consume less. I'm an economist :downs:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Men are still capable of a massive rug pull through the Supreme Court.

One example will be No fault divorce accelerating in momentum with the glut of uneducated aimless dudes

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Is it sadder that he was still working at 9pm or is it sadder to guess he was pretending to still be working thinking that would impress beached whale?

IME these kinds of people quickly start huffing their own farts so much that they can terminally no longer tell the difference between working and pretending to work. Many such cases!

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

khazar sansculotte posted:

IME these kinds of people quickly start huffing their own farts so much that they can terminally no longer tell the difference between working and pretending to work. Many such cases!

When your job is entirely bullshit and involves little or no actual work, you quickly reach a point where you legitimately cannot tell the difference between working and doing nothing.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

khazar sansculotte posted:

they have fallen victim to their "career" becoming their identity because they cant actually like... have other human experiences and find any form of meaning anywhere else

033024_2
Mar 30, 2024
Doomsday Energy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Me getting a 8% loan running over 70 years: Hope this house isn't going to be cheaper tomorrow or I'd feel silly.

genericnick has issued a correction as of 20:32 on Mar 30, 2024

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Beached Whale posted:

I went on a date with a guy who was bragging about how much of a thought leader he was on LinkedIn. I showed up to his apartment and he was still working at 9pm on a Friday. Out of curiosity I looked up his LinkedIn and this guy is pulling max 10 likes on his essays about "The Future of Brand Engagement", and had to ghost him after he sent me 7 Macklemore songs in a row. Anyone who calls themselves a "thought leader" is loving insane.

You showed up at his apartment after you knew that he was a "thought leader on linkedin?" That could have turned out worse imo

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Wonder why they bother listing new games on steam since obviously no one buys before the sale two years down the line.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
lol, alright so what happens with all the underage/migrant workers jam-packed into mega-meat processing prisons filled with infected cows all day...?

time to stock up on toilet paper

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Didn't they just lower health or sanitary or something t requirements for meat packing?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

skooma512 posted:

https://apnews.com/article/spirit-aerosystems-texas-attorney-general-boeing-314e0fa3124f867793bcfbd63fd5c4e6

Rich whites sabotage a company and then people literally just blame it on black people existing and it's actually loving working.
whomst amongst us could have predicted blaming browns for capitalism's problems would work again

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Crazypoops posted:

Didn't they just lower health or sanitary or something t requirements for meat packing?

no matter when in the last several decades you ask this it’s always true

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Crowds of goats and cows panic buying toilet paper at Walmart, what is going on?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1774028807609131250

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

incredible

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Crazyweasel posted:

Some men’s studies think tank dick was like “we need to pay attention to these young men and find ways to help them” and all the young women they interviewed were like “Women were ignored for most of history. I don’t see why I have to care about boys that can’t get their poo poo together”.

The blowback to this #girlboss feminism is probably not going to be great.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Right? Love how these short sighted gender wars kicked into overdrive during the pandemic. More distractions from the real class based warfare we need to be waging.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Especially with how a lot of these "good jobs" gated behind college and being a good little citizen are bullshit sinecures.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

The funny part to me is everyone surprised at an 87k truck, big trucks have been targeting the premium consumer for a while so even when you work in industries where it's a thing you reasonably need they're outrageously expensive. You can p easily hit 6 figs on the premium vanity packeges but even the more utilitarian stuff is ridiculously expensive.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Crazyweasel posted:

There's plenty of women centric assistantship/scholarships for college education despite the genders being flipped on graduation for like a decade now lol.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

PoundSand posted:

There's plenty of women centric assistantship/scholarships for college education despite the genders being flipped on graduation for like a decade now lol.

Good

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SKULL.GIF posted:

Especially with how a lot of these "good jobs" gated behind college and being a good little citizen are bullshit sinecures.

THANK YOU CITIZEN FOR REPORTING THE HOMELESS PERSON. YOU HAVE BEEN AWADDED 3 MERIT POINTS TOWARDS A BETTER JOB

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

PoundSand posted:

Women are still significantly under-represented in STEM degrees.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Really sucks but not at all surprising that capitalism transformed "smash the patriarchy" into "lean in" but thems the breaks.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

DickParasite posted:

Really sucks but not at all surprising that capitalism transformed "smash the patriarchy" into "lean in" but thems the breaks.

Why is psychology separate from health professions?

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

DickParasite posted:

Yeah I'm not saying the financial assistance is a bad thing I'm just lolling at the framing of that quote. White men paving the way for a new frontier of not acknowledging the advantages you have for white women.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

silicone thrills posted:

Why is psychology separate from health professions?

health professions are based on science

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

So is the gist of that graph that women will soon not just dominate the "women's work" educated professions, but pretty much all of them?

In a culture where men earning more and having most prestigious careers is still important in dating/marriage "markets"? We're going to create so many hikikomori jfc.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
if you think our current system can resolve our problems, i dont have a bridge to sell you

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

"The only problem with the patriarchy was that it didn't put me at the top"

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ram dass in hell posted:

health professions are based on science

psychologists are health providers because they bill health insurance

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

skooma512 posted:

Capitalist societies made having children a maladaptive choice lmao

i never want to have kids for entirely economic reasons

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

psychologists keep telling me ghosts are making me sad and that isn't very scientific

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

So is the gist of that graph that women will soon not just dominate the "women's work" educated professions, but pretty much all of them?

In a culture where men earning more and having most prestigious careers is still important in dating/marriage "markets"? We're going to create so many hikikomori jfc.

seems more productive to destigmatize househusbandry than to prevent women from earning degrees

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

PoundSand posted:

The funny part to me is everyone surprised at an 87k truck, big trucks have been targeting the premium consumer for a while so even when you work in industries where it's a thing you reasonably need they're outrageously expensive. You can p easily hit 6 figs on the premium vanity packeges but even the more utilitarian stuff is ridiculously expensive.

A few years ago one of the car mags looked at work trucks, actual base V6 vinyl interior work trucks, and noted they were all over $40k and manufacturers even overshot the stated price target of $42k: https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/ford-f-150-xl-vs-ram-1500-tradesman-vs-chevrolet-silverado-1500-wt-comparison-review/

That was 5 years ago, I'm sure that a base vinyl seat work truck is $50k now.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Rectal Death Alert posted:

psychologists keep telling me ghosts are making me sad and that isn't very scientific

the specter of communism strikes again!

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Pink Mist posted:

seems more productive to destigmatize househusbandry than to prevent women from earning degrees

Maybe help boys get through school instead of berating them for not sitting still and being quiet?

I realize that education is increasingly training for work, which is why those traits came to be prized in the first place, but it's creating some sort of feedback loop where in both school and professional careers Bryn Mawr girls who chew ice cubes and do homework like their lives depended on it get ahead by every metric while still feeling aggrieved.

A striver professional like that is typically not going to marry a guy who makes less, let alone one who didn't get through school and doesn't have a job with some professional cache, so who are we setting up for success here?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pink Mist posted:

The top line on the graph isn't "housewife" though, that's not what it's saying