Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Totk also puts a quest marker on the spot to go get the paraglider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

"I suck at this game therefore the game is poorly designed" is one of my favourite genres of goon

The goon who thought metroid dread was too hard because he didn't hold the jump button

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Fajita Queen posted:

The goon who thought metroid dread was too hard because he didn't hold the jump button

Pretty sure this was Bust Rodd

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Heath posted:

it wasn’t. he also had the grace to feel sheepish about it afterward instead of angrily blaming the game

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Heath posted:

It was euphronius

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Fajita Queen posted:

The god of war guy also went nuts at metroid dread. I still need to play it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
video game about recognizing shrimp

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Al! posted:

video game about recognizing shrimp

how are goons supposed to recognize imaginary creatures? smdh.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Emergency dispatch Sim where you need to find parking for all those ambulances that keep showing up at the hospital and never leave.

Casual dog walking phone game that inexplicably turns into horror / survival when you stumble across a construction site. Playtime might be over?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Make a new SimCopter gdi

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Al! posted:

i only have taz-depression :(

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

garth pennis

also the totk paragliding quest icon does not tell you that it will give you the paraglider. I struggled for ten minutes before getting it

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

also the totk paragliding quest icon does not tell you that it will give you the paraglider. I struggled for ten minutes before getting it
the game makes the unfortunate mistake of thinking that you'll hang out around lookout landing doing odd jobs until you unlock the paraglider and map towers and you're explicitly let off the leash

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Just watched the last shogun episode so I went to check out tviv to see what people are talking about and one guy is probated for saying he wants to see one of the actresses take out her tits

This is just the average level of media literacy for an American.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
When you have to run the show at 1.25x speed while you fold laundry, you're going to miss things. This is just the nature of television in the modern golden age. Plots are so dense, of course you just can't take it all in while posting about seeing some sideboob.

Well no, no I don't know which actor is the main character. And that is the show's fault.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Good soup! posted:

Make a new SimCopter gdi

:hai:

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

The Kins posted:

the game makes the unfortunate mistake of thinking that you'll hang out around lookout landing doing odd jobs until you unlock the paraglider and map towers and you're explicitly let off the leash

I don't remember having a massive issue with it but I do remember noneinto failing to account that a lot of people's reaction to being told 'go do this thing' is 'gently caress you I ain't doing that'

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

The god of war guy also went nuts at metroid dread. I still need to play it

This thread got me to play dread and it was awesome. Been meaning to do another play through here soon

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Spanish Manlove posted:

There was one goon who got really upset in the totk Zelda thread because they never found the paraglider and the game was brutally difficult because of it. Turns out in the cutscene after the tutorial the game zooms in on the place where you get said paraglider as a hint of 'go here' and that goon never understood that was the intent of that cutscene

lol i found out my roommate had been playing without the paraglider for quite some time but in his defense it's the second videogame he's ever played (the first is BoTW). he also didn't get upset when i told him because he was having fun anyways.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Tbh I think foreknowledge of BOTW actually screws you over in that case because the only thing you got from the equivalent first town in BoTW was a small exposition dump and I think a map app?

E. Directions on where to get the camera app, I see.

mycot has a new favorite as of 18:16 on Mar 30, 2024

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
botw did its intro so well and tiktok did not

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Speaking of Moviebob there was the goon Raenier Salazar who was a big moviebob fan who someone discovered replyguys to him constantly (never gets acknowledged) and whenever people in the online creators thread (circa like 3 or 4 years ago) made fun of moviebob he'd go to twitter to tell him his honor is being besmirched.

This explains so much about that Salazar guy's posting.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

susan b buffering posted:

lol i found out my roommate had been playing without the paraglider for quite some time but in his defense it's the second videogame he's ever played (the first is BoTW). he also didn't get upset when i told him because he was having fun anyways.

is your roommate 8 years old?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

absolutely no offense intended to them but i cannot image anyone over the age of 9 or under the age of 65 who's only played two video games ever.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I'm kind of jealous of them tbh

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
wind waker next

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

cumpantry posted:

:imunfunny:

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

CaptainBeefart posted:

I'm kind of jealous of them tbh
Same, video games are a blight upon the earth

Proof: The Dark Id played them

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Orbs posted:

He let's plays them so you don't have to

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Motel 6

Leal posted:

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Leal posted:

But at what cost?? (besides his life from cancer, I mean)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

tapped out after 10 seocnds

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

cumpantry posted:

im going to introduce you to hiv, the disease that causes aids

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Stux posted:

Mmm haha I hope it goes down smooth.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Orbs posted:

Same, video games are a blight upon the earth

Orbs posted:

But at what cost?? (besides his life from cancer, I mean)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they had the right idea when they threw out of most of the story for the amazon series and just used it as a framework becase the boys is not a very good comic lol

HopperUK posted:

when you're right, you're right

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Stux posted:

lol

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

bart get ipad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Stux posted:

you guys likes walking through a cave for twenty minutes of exposition and a tutorial island but linear vs wake up, solve 4 mini dungeons and bounce. Ok