Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Blarghalt posted:

dang maybe they should've just banned the pro-genocide people

it is a deliberate decision by the owner of the forums not to do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Regarde Aduck posted:

Accept the d&d refugees but do not tolerate any of their mods. Destroy on sight.

Denazification.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

this is not the debate & discussion discussion thread. it is the palestine thread. thank you

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Palestine/Independence

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
lets avoid a debate debate & discussion discussion

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Zodium posted:

this is not the debate & discussion discussion thread. it is the palestine thread. thank you
The Palestine thread, on a forum we are required to share with zionists and zionist apologists. That's going to cause severe problems if something more isn't done.

Orange Devil posted:

Denazification.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...0000#2131877555

wow can't believe israel would do this using US intelligence, i'm sure the US didn't intend this
The worst part is that people actually fall for this. Innocent US intelligence just wanted to share information with an ally, how could they intend genocide??

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

If there is one thing we've learned over the past couple months (and 75 years), it's that Zionists cannot share.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
They like to share videos.

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

If there is one thing we've learned over the past couple months (and 75 years), it's that Zionists cannot share.
:vince:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

This morning there is news come out about a backdoor that was discovered in most Linux distributions. As more details are coming out, this appears to have been the most patient, insidious supply chain attack in the history of tech. In 2021, the maintainer of a little-known but vitally-important compression library called XZ Utils (previously LZMA Utils) announced he was sick and would be seeking treatment and therefore around far less often. XZ Utils is used in a lot of stuff and is present on most linux distros.

A new contributor (now believed to be a pseudonymous collective under control of a state actor) came forward after the XZ Utils maintainer announced his sickness and picked up a lot of the slack. After two years, and under a lot of pressure from other users (now believed to be sockpuppets maintained by the same state actor), the maintainer handed control of the process over the the new contributor. Then, over the next year, the new maintainer spent a lot of time reworking the CI processes and testing processes as well as minor changes in code that would allow him to submit zip files directly to package installers instead of those zip files coming from automated compiling of the code in git. This allowed him to add script files to XZ Utils which would be injected into memory at runtime and would not appear in XZ Utils' source code. He even used his cachet as the maintainer of XZ Utils to submit "fixes" to other repositories that disabled security features that would have detected this change.

In this manner he managed to install a backdoor into most linux installs worldwide beginning in mid-February and continuing until today. The mysterious state actor would have succeeded except for the fact that in recent months, the state actor behind the backdoor has grown increasingly erratic and aggressive. The final distributed backdoor script had a bug in it that caused increased latency when using ssh on the affected installs by hundreds of milliseconds, and when the performance degradation was reported by an engineer at microsoft, linux installers immediately suspected XZ Utils because the actor behind the project had grown so insanely rushed, aggressive, and irrational about getting the new version of XZ Utils into as many linux installs as possible as quickly as possible since around the beginning of the year.

So anyway, this is a story about how Hamas saved the internet from a Mossad plot.

The open source software movement suffers the fate of every other anarchist endeavor. Weird.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

So like why is this significant?

Every bit that heightens the contradictions has value

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

I apologize, everyone, but this thread has not been meeting D&D standards for informative or productive discussion or debate. We also have not been able to keep up with the number of reports it's generated. Accordingly, I must close it for the time being. Hopefully when reports are cleared and we've worked out a moderation strategy, possibly involving an additional mod and/or IK, the thread will be reopened. In the mean time, it goes without saying, I must ask everyone to refrain from discussing this particular issue in other threads.

lol

Koos, you're doing a heck of a job

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

The open source software movement suffers the fate of every other anarchist endeavor. Weird.

It's almost like capitalism creates a perverse incentive to corner cut as much as possible, and maybe leaving critical infrastructure in the hands of individual overworked and underpaid people is not such a good idea after all.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

:perfect:

lobster shirt posted:

koos wasn't kidding about the reports though, so many...

Why is this such a problem? Just tell the people abusing the report system to knock it off.

Esran has issued a correction as of 14:32 on Mar 31, 2024

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
where can we post about the dnd thread? I’d like somewhere to go to insult that loving genocide loving moron Koos Group

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
"Prime Minister's Office: Netanyahu will undergo surgery tonight under general anesthesia following the discovery of a hernia"

https://twitter.com/newsisrael13/status/1774429580310327486?t=lqsYYdkgpWdOmF3i4ZTv0A&s=19

Praying for an accident or a mischievous surgon :)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

make the report log public imo, like the lepers colony

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

crepeface posted:

to help the d&d posters that want to discuss Israel/Palestine they should sticky a thread that just links to this one.

I reached out to koos and told him this and got no response lol.

Anyway

Zodium posted:

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
It's probably not that interesting anymore since I doubt any UN decision will matter in real life, but the texts of the rejected US draft and the Algerian-led resolution that passed recently are now available on the UN site.

US draft
Passed resolution

I think it should be very obvious in hindsight why Russia and China would veto the US draft. It's complete dogshit containing condemnations of Hamas and the Houthis, and it doesn't even actually demand a ceasefire, it just suggests that the UN should support efforts to create one.

The resolution that passed is a single-pager demanding an immediate ceasefire, and none of the other bullshit.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Jakabite posted:

where can we post about the dnd thread? I’d like somewhere to go to insult that loving genocide loving moron Koos Group

Succ or peace thread.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Jakabite posted:

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Esran posted:

It's probably not that interesting anymore since I doubt any UN decision will matter in real life, but the texts of the rejected US draft and the Algerian-led resolution that passed recently are now available on the UN site.

US draft
Passed resolution

I think it should be very obvious in hindsight why Russia and China would veto the US draft. It's complete dogshit containing condemnations of Hamas and the Houthis, and it doesn't even actually demand a ceasefire, it just suggests that the UN should support efforts to create one.

The resolution that passed is a single-pager demanding an immediate ceasefire, and none of the other bullshit.

I was told the US negotiated a different version of the draft with the Arab states, and then proposed a different version in UNSC. Russia and China vetoed on behalf of the Arab states.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Jakabite posted:

i have just posted the debate and discussion discussion megathread where you may do so

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Palestine/Independence

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Sancho Banana posted:

"Prime Minister's Office: Netanyahu will undergo surgery tonight under general anesthesia following the discovery of a hernia"

https://twitter.com/newsisrael13/status/1774429580310327486?t=lqsYYdkgpWdOmF3i4ZTv0A&s=19

dude might not wake up lol

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Hmm, an emergency abdomen surgery after being sick recently? Does he has that cancer Kate Middleton has too?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

If he doesn't wake up, is there a clear line of succession, or would the current government collapse while they fight to form a fresh coalition?

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Esran posted:

US draft
Passed resolution

after only 250 years, man determines US political class has lovely opinions.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I support changing the thread to [Palestine]

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

The two-thread solution is dead. We need a one-thread solution

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
edit: moved to the debate and discussion thread for debate and discussion

Zodium posted:

i have just posted the debate and discussion discussion megathread where you may do so

crepeface has issued a correction as of 15:24 on Mar 31, 2024

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

Barrel Cactaur posted:

after only 250 years, man determines US political class has lovely opinions.

Hey now, you can't just assume that the US deal is bad based on their previous actions, statements and openly genocidal Zionist President.

I'm sure the US is trying very hard to create peace, and Russia and China are vetoing because they just don't want to hand the US a win.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

PhilippAchtel posted:

I support changing the thread to [Palestine]

very well.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

The system works

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
wrong thread.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
The struggle of the Palestinian!

And the support of the Yemini brothers!

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.

Zodium posted:

very well.

:toot:

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Sancho Banana posted:

nick his colon "by accident"

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Hmm, so the hernia was apparently discovered last night in a "routine checkup". Yariv Levin will fill in for Netanyahu while he's knocked out.

Something about Netanyahu getting a "routine" checkup on Saturday night and then getting surgery right on the Supreme Court's deadline regarding Haredi conscription feels weird. Am I overthinking?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/netanyahu-to-hold-press-conference-in-jerusalem-this-evening-ahead-of-hernia-surgery/

quote:

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will hold a press conference in his office in Jerusalem tonight. This will be his first press conference in over a month.

He is scheduled to have surgery on a hernia shortly afterward.
hopefully it goes terrible press conference -> anesthesia -> wakes up after like 4 hours and the government has collapsed
there's a better outcome possible, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Extrreme outside conspiracy guess - this whole operation thing is a psyop and the conference is to announce an invasion into Lebanon