Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Lord_Magmar posted:

Fireblazer can pass the mechanic more or less every time, since their ult gives them their aoe basic attack and they get hit a bunch randomly anyway.

I don't know which Healer you have but you ultimately just need to stack health and defense on them so they can survive the slap every time the gimmick happens unless they're like, Luocha (who you can use the ult to solve the dice fight gimmick).

You get ult by solving the gimmick and can save it for the next time. Don't use skills between the gimmick so you can spend them on solving the gimmick.

Clara, both Trailblazers, Serval should all be able to solve the gimmick every time, which leaves just the healer taking the hit. Don't bother with breaking him, build a team that solves the mechanic for 3 out of 4 units and then focus on keeping the fourth (healer) alive because there's only 2 healers in the entire game who can solve the gimmick anyway, Luocha and Gallagher.

Okay this is what I needed because I do have Luocha but I just rolled him and he's only L60 so he's not good enough for the fight yet. Like, I get how the fight goes and that I need to stack AoE characters to survive the gimmick, but then I get what happened in my last run where the game just decides that actually I can get hosed because the point threshold is 9 and even though I used AoE attacks I still only rolled 7 points so now my entire party is Imprisoned. Thanks for playing, I hope you appreciated the last 10 minutes or so but now you can just start the fight over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Artix posted:

Hey so how the gently caress are you supposed to actually beat Aventurine, the vast majority of the time, single target characters (which is basically every single support and sustain) are literally incapable of clearing the gimmick, which he does literally every turn. They get imprisoned when they lose (which will be always) and his basic attack steals your ult meter because gently caress you that's why.

E: It almost feels like it's balanced around being able to generate shields via skills, which means your best option is uh... *checks notes* Aventurine, who is not on banner yet.

I used Black Swan, Kafka, Silver Wolf, and Luocha. Silver Wolf failed the mechanic every time, but was fine because all of my supports have some survivability in their relics (she has an HP orb). Luocha failed once too, but he has high effect res so he didn't get crowd controlled and was able to heal up. Shields would definitely make it easier, though.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Now that his traces aren't complete poo poo, and I have Luocha's lightcone, sub dps Gallagher is actually somewhat viable. We're talking 30k ults when breaking and 8k+ enhanced basics. 2,900 attack, 59/120 crit, and 105% break. He actually managed to sustain the team and do a bit of damage against Svarog in MoC 11.

Artix posted:

That was my initial theory too, use Gepard to shield while my DPS do the actual work, but I don't have Acheron so I'm stuck with Serval for electric and my physical options are Trailblazer/Clara. I can only get about halfway through his second health bar before either Serval or my healer eats poo poo and then it just immediately spirals. Since he constantly drains ult meter, I can't keep Gepard's shields up enough to constantly eat the hits in phase 2.

Is your trailblazer actually built? I did it with Argenti, Clara, Pela, and Fu Xuan.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
That fight's gonna be a fun addition to MoC.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Artix posted:

Okay this is what I needed because I do have Luocha but I just rolled him and he's only L60 so he's not good enough for the fight yet. Like, I get how the fight goes and that I need to stack AoE characters to survive the gimmick, but then I get what happened in my last run where the game just decides that actually I can get hosed because the point threshold is 9 and even though I used AoE attacks I still only rolled 7 points so now my entire party is Imprisoned. Thanks for playing, I hope you appreciated the last 10 minutes or so but now you can just start the fight over.

Yeah, you need the ability to consistently hit all 4 dice with 3 characters every time the gimmick happens. Because hitting 4 dice guarantees a win.

The gimmick is literally to work out how to gamble without relying on luck. I'm almost certain the way the thing works is if you hit all 4 dice you are guaranteed to win every time in phase 2.

Huohuo is easily the best healer for it, given how her heal and cleanse function.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Does Fu Xuan’s ult not work against the gimmick?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Dazerbeams posted:

Does Fu Xuan’s ult not work against the gimmick?

Yes, I just don't have her so I didn't think about her in relation to solving the mechanic. Any support with an all targets aoe ult can solve the mechanic somewhat safely. The energy drain only happens once between gimmick rounds and provided you solve the gimmick you are given full energy. So you can sit on it for the next gimmick round and just use a skill if need be to get your ult back post drain.

Realistically the way the fight works is alternating the energy drain and the gimmick round in phase 2, so you basic attack until the gimmick, spend skills/ults solving the dice roll by hitting all 4 of them, then basic attack to rebuild for the next gimmick.

Unless you are confident in your ability to race down the boss, just play to solve the gimmick and eventually it will die.

They also have said they're nerfing the damage failing the gimmick causes, I'm just not sure when that's going to happen.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I love reading the clear parties and getting to be like "Yep, don't have any of these characters, don't have Huo Huo, don't have Fu Xuan, my Pela isn't fully built yet..." It's fine, I'll probably get it in a couple days once I get Luocha fully levelled and then everyone but Gepard should consistently clear the gimmick. I could use Fireblazer, I guess, but I don't have much faith in his shields holding up outside of the dice gimmick.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Artix posted:

I love reading the clear parties and getting to be like "Yep, don't have any of these characters, don't have Huo Huo, don't have Fu Xuan, my Pela isn't fully built yet..." It's fine, I'll probably get it in a couple days once I get Luocha fully levelled and then everyone but Gepard should consistently clear the gimmick. I could use Fireblazer, I guess, but I don't have much faith in his shields holding up outside of the dice gimmick.

His shields don't need to hold up, they just need to give enough room for your healer to survive when they get imprisoned until they can use their turn to heal and get their healing ult back.

Also the Fireblazer is individually very tanky, in a way that means even if they fail the gimmick they will likely survive to heal back up.

I would just put all your Gepard stuff on Fireblazer, and use them to help keep whatever non Luocha level 80 Healer you have alive if you can get enough HP for that healer. Then you can probably win the fight without levelling Luocha.

I'd have to know what your level 80 roster looks like, but the fight is as much a check on relic and light cone levels as it is knowing how to solve the gimmick.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Artix posted:

To be clear, huohuo sucks rear end for this fight other than having high healing output from being a 5 star and having some effect res in her traces. Especially because the boss is very capable of just killing other characters before she can do anything about it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

imweasel09 posted:

To be clear, huohuo sucks rear end for this fight other than having high healing output from being a 5 star and having some effect res in her traces. Especially because the boss is very capable of just killing other characters before she can do anything about it.

She can cleanse the entire party every time you trigger the passive part of her heal and her heal is triggered by using ultimates or a units turn starting, which winning the gimmick gives you full energy.

If the rest of the party can clear the gimmick without relying on ults you can then heal her back up after she is imprisoned.

It isn't about her saving other characters, it's that she's relatively easy to keep alive when she fails the gimmick provided you use her turn to heal rather than hit dice.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 31, 2024

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I think with the knowledge that I don't care about breaking him I should be able to do it now, but without booting up my PS5 to check, off the top of my head my L80's are Himiko, Blade, Serval, Lynx, Gepard, Clara, TB, QQ, Sparkle, and Tingyun? (Luocha and Pela are the next two I'm working on and they're ~L60) Everyone involved in the fight has okay but not incredible relics at minimum +12 (mix of gold/purple) and either L70 or L80 light cones, so I'm not that bad off as far as secondary power goes... I hope.

Artix fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 31, 2024

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

If you can get Lynx to like, 5000 hp she can be an acceptable will fail the gimmick healer. Her ult and heal are strong enough to get herself back up for the next go at the dice.

Serval, Himiko and Clara can all safely solve the gimmick, Clara with her skill rather than ult. Fireblazer instead of Gepard also means you're just needing to stop Lynx from entirely exploding until she can heal herself.

Unfortunately I do think the game is expecting level 15 relics, even bad ones, at this point just for the raw HP on the head.

Clara also probably works really well at keeping the damage on the boss going, if you solve the gimmick she gets to ult and then the boss is getting Svarog beatdowns constantly between gambling phases.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I did the fight with Pela Acheron Sparkle and Gallagher. I don’t know if I would have survived without him having Huohuo’s LC though, since the healing on ults really adds a lot of AoE healing for him.

In other news, lvl 65 Gepard let me full clear everything. I had cleared the last stage of Perfect Fiction but with no stars - brought Gepard using Trends and holy poo poo him plus Acberon is insane there and got me 3 stars from my previous zero.

Went to MoC to try the newer last stages - previously I only had one star on MoC 11 and hadn’t tried 12. Three starred both of them, again because of Gepard. It’s like a night and day difference since I’ve never been able to reliably full clear a MoC, much less full clearing both MoCs *and* PF. I haven’t even tried Gepard with his own LC yet and he’s still way under built but he gets his ult every other turn and feeds so many petals to Acheron while keeping everyone alive; it’s nuts how good he is. I did have him die once on the last fight but I forgot he had a self res so it didn’t matter lol

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

finished the story mission.
this is quite the soap opera going on

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

rio posted:

I did the fight with Pela Acheron Sparkle and Gallagher. I don’t know if I would have survived without him having Huohuo’s LC though, since the healing on ults really adds a lot of AoE healing for him.

In other news, lvl 65 Gepard let me full clear everything. I had cleared the last stage of Perfect Fiction but with no stars - brought Gepard using Trends and holy poo poo him plus Acberon is insane there and got me 3 stars from my previous zero.

Went to MoC to try the newer last stages - previously I only had one star on MoC 11 and hadn’t tried 12. Three starred both of them, again because of Gepard. It’s like a night and day difference since I’ve never been able to reliably full clear a MoC, much less full clearing both MoCs *and* PF. I haven’t even tried Gepard with his own LC yet and he’s still way under built but he gets his ult every other turn and feeds so many petals to Acheron while keeping everyone alive; it’s nuts how good he is. I did have him die once on the last fight but I forgot he had a self res so it didn’t matter lol

It's amazing what a 5 star sustain enables.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i did it with fu xuan and clara and didn't realize there was a gimmick

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Bailu constantly ate poo poo in my boss fight, and I beat it with only Kafka left alive. A win's a win.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Gepard is legitimately the best 5* standard character that isn't Bronya. If you already had Bronya and had to pick someone from the 300 pulls selector, he'd be the one to choose.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it kinda depends on who you do/dont have. if you have fu xuan and/or luocha gepard's value goes down a lot.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

That's why I've never really used Gepard. I got him at the exact same time as Luocha, and I had Fu Xuan before I started pushing into MoC. I only occasionally use Gepard for fun.

And now Luocha has been powercrept by a 4 star. And once I have Aventurine, Fu Xuan will only see the light of day when I break out team Quantum. Sad. :D

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Endorph posted:

it kinda depends on who you do/dont have. if you have fu xuan and/or luocha gepard's value goes down a lot.

I still find Gepard to pull his weight in the Swarm Disaster or Gold & Gears picking Preservation paths, moreso than Fu Xuan even. Though I suppose Aventurine being a proper shielder will overtake his place there.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
what in hell is s5 solitary healing guinaifen doing where it has essentially doubles or sometimes triples acheron’s damage compared to s5 gnsw kafka in the same acheron/e2 sparkle/s1 black swan team? is it the extra firekiss from her e6?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also, how does this video work?

https://youtu.be/hbfMhel7U2Q?si=OsIrfElmZq4i18K-

My Gallagher has similar crit and break effect, and more attack. And even in the old MoC, he's only hitting for about 30k breaks and about 4k basics. Is it all from Ruan Mei?

The tldr of the video is that Gallagher is hitting for 70k breaks and about 8k on basic attacks with only 1,800 attack, 59/130 crit, and 130% break. Mine hits for half.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Artix posted:

Hey so how the gently caress are you supposed to actually beat Aventurine, the vast majority of the time, single target characters (which is basically every single support and sustain) are literally incapable of clearing the gimmick, which he does literally every turn. They get imprisoned when they lose (which will be always) and his basic attack steals your ult meter because gently caress you that's why.

E: It almost feels like it's balanced around being able to generate shields via skills, which means your best option is uh... *checks notes* Aventurine, who is not on banner yet.

I just went with my usual Jingliu, Pela, Ruan Mei, and Lynx strategy of Jingliu go brrrr.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bad Video Games posted:

Also, how does this video work?

https://youtu.be/hbfMhel7U2Q?si=OsIrfElmZq4i18K-

My Gallagher has similar crit and break effect, and more attack. And even in the old MoC, he's only hitting for about 30k breaks and about 4k basics. Is it all from Ruan Mei?

The tldr of the video is that Gallagher is hitting for 70k breaks and about 8k on basic attacks with only 1,800 attack, 59/130 crit, and 130% break. Mine hits for half.

I mean, it's colour coordinated for you right there

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Lord_Magmar posted:

The gimmick is literally to work out how to gamble without relying on luck. I'm almost certain the way the thing works is if you hit all 4 dice you are guaranteed to win every time in phase 2.

Follow up: this is absolutely not the case. :v: I lost on a 1-4-1-2 against a 9 and pushed twice. Clara/Lynx/Fireblazer/Serval did it though. Thanks for the help!

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

FractalSandwich posted:

That fight's gonna be a fun addition to MoC.

So much of what Aventurine does seems purposely designed to waste as many of your turns as possible

not really a fan of all these elites/bosses being designed around the assumption you have Ruan Mei and now Acheron and if you don't, lol hope you didn't want those speed stars on MoC11 and 12

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Artix posted:

Follow up: this is absolutely not the case. :v: I lost on a 1-4-1-2 against a 9 and pushed twice. Clara/Lynx/Fireblazer/Serval did it though. Thanks for the help!

drat, still nicely done on getting the clear. A win is a win after all. Also yeah, Fireblazer is not capable of solo sustain, but definitely helps shore up a weak or awkward healer by constantly applying small shields, taunting, being very hard to kill individually, and having surprisingly good damage.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 31, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

2.1 Current story reveals:

*gasp* She’s Sam

I hope they show her going henshin along with the Kamen rider style pose and rollcall during a future scene when she transforms.

Gallagher you dog, maybe the truth is that you can’t trust any 4* in this game

Aventurine death walk introspective was neat. Looking forward to what’s going to happen.
Sunday is a chump.

Probably have to reread the Acheron dialogue and stuff to understand more of what’s happening.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

I mean, it's colour coordinated for you right there

It is, isn't it? And that lines up neatly with the numbers I see. But that doesn't explain how hard he's hitting with basic attacks.

Also, I wonder if Harmony trailblazer will be similar if slightly weaker. I can't wait to get him built.

Dps Gallagher is fun but really unnecessary. Most of those damage numbers are from break damage. I've settled on mine being tanky as gently caress, and I might even drop his personal lc for something like Shared Feeling. He's mostly going to be used on my DoT team and the Xueyi break team I'm trying to build, so energy regen is good.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

GateOfD posted:

finished the story mission.
this is quite the soap opera going on

yeah it rules

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bad Video Games posted:

It is, isn't it? And that lines up neatly with the numbers I see. But that doesn't explain how hard he's hitting with basic attacks.

Also, I wonder if Harmony trailblazer will be similar if slightly weaker. I can't wait to get him built.

Dps Gallagher is fun but really unnecessary. Most of those damage numbers are from break damage. I've settled on mine being tanky as gently caress, and I might even drop his personal lc for something like Shared Feeling. He's mostly going to be used on my DoT team and the Xueyi break team I'm trying to build, so energy regen is good.

Asta is giving like 75% atk from her stacks (assuming skill 12) + 18% fire damage
Ruan Mei is giving 32% + 36% dmg and 25% resist penetration and potentially 20% defense shred, the video is deceptive and does not show you non Gallagher stats

All that and he's still critting for 8k lol

My opinion is if you want to do DPS Gallagher just go ham on Speed and Break Effect. If you look at the leaked kit for the Trailblazer their ult says you do break damage every time you attack a weakened target so there's Gallagher's chance to shine, he doesn't even need to be the one breaking!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

GateOfD posted:

2.1 Current story reveals:

*gasp* She’s Sam

I hope they show her going henshin along with the Kamen rider style pose and rollcall during a future scene when she transforms.

Gallagher you dog, maybe the truth is that you can’t trust any 4* in this game

Aventurine death walk introspective was neat. Looking forward to what’s going to happen.
Sunday is a chump.

Probably have to reread the Acheron dialogue and stuff to understand more of what’s happening.

The end reveal with Gallagher is really fun when you go back to what could've been a joke earlier in the quest. When you ask him his age, he says he's Thirteen. In Tarot Death is Thirteen.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Everything with Gallagher in 2.1 explains a lot about him.

No wonder no one in the Bloodhounds recognize him or know his name. He doesn't actually exist.

The bigger myster to me is his relationship to Siobhan. I hope she becomes playable eventually.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Eimi posted:

The end reveal with Gallagher is really fun when you go back to what could've been a joke earlier in the quest. When you ask him his age, he says he's Thirteen. In Tarot Death is Thirteen.

This one's a weird one because in the CN script he says 十三岁 which just means 13 years of age. I don't know if EN is trying to jump the gun here or just adding their own subtext.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Eej posted:

This one's a weird one because in the CN script he says 十三岁 which just means 13 years of age. I don't know if EN is trying to jump the gun here or just adding their own subtext.

I don't even think they intended to add any subtext, "I'm thirteen" is a pretty straightforward answer to someone asking your age. He's clearly some kind of homunculus or whatever that was created 13 years ago. People are just doing the usual fandom thing of assigning undue significance to what's really just an interesting coincidence.

e; vv Fair enough, I didn't realize that since I don't play in English either.

Bland fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 1, 2024

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
i think it's a pretty fair assumption to make tho since the word was capitalized like a proper noun

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah if you just wanted to have it in a normal sentence you don't capitalize it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Sparkle exists