Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Stux posted:

idk the most consistently insane and deranged ppl on this website are the really old guys imgho

What was the old cop's username, Tokaii? The one who got banned for mounting a tremendous defense of wanting to gently caress teenagers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

HopperUK posted:

I enjoy the style of post that is someone crashing into an unrelated conversation to go 'aha! Twelve years ago, you said this stupid thing!' and then becoming confounded when instead of a furious mob, the response is 'heh yeah I was an idiot back then, thank god I'm not like that now'. Like, they never account for the possibility that someone might just admit they were a dipshit in the past.

There was a period of time where bringing up someone's pre-woke period or whatever you'd call it was enough to get them absolutely demolished but I think people figured out that that's bad and sucks

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Fajita Queen posted:

What was the old cop's username, Tokaii? The one who got banned for mounting a tremendous defense of wanting to gently caress teenagers.

Yeah that was the guy, but now that I think of his style of storytelling posting I start to doubt if he was real.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Heath posted:

There was a period of time where bringing up someone's pre-woke period or whatever you'd call it was enough to get them absolutely demolished but I think people figured out that that's bad and sucks

Yeah there was a bit of an over-correction but I think the forums are in a good state generally these days.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

HopperUK posted:

Yeah there was a bit of an over-correction but I think the forums are in a good state generally these days.

yeah because most of those freaks got run off when Koala's March did, or stuck around raising a stink by themselves unless they ended up banned in some fashion

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Heath posted:

theyre all on bread and roses now lol.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Fajita Queen posted:

yeah he's the guy that said something like "16 year olds are scientifically proven to be the hottest" as some sort of defense for a different guy who had been grooming a teenager

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Fajita Queen posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3663270&pagenumber=108&perpage=40#post435397851

archeage was a crazy game

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

All the scenes between Meruum and Komugi in hxh are peak.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

All the scenes between Meruum and Komugi in hxh are peak.

its so good. possibly the best story in anime

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Farg posted:

typically hospice care, graveyards, etc

lol

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

theyre all on bread and roses now lol.

a terrible fate...

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

pog boyfriend posted:

its so good. possibly the best story in anime
It's incredible

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Yeah that was the guy, but now that I think of his style of storytelling posting I start to doubt if he was real.

It’s been a bit but i don’t remember him posting that much about how he sucker punched 20 guys who wanted to kidnap the president with my hot pregnant wife but did post about planting evidence on people to justify brutality as a funny story so I think he was legitimate

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they talked about this in the online creators thread where they kept trying to change the subject to gamer gate for some reason they are an odd fellow

do they steam a good ham?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

HopperUK posted:

They are in a much better place than they were 14-16 years ago for sure.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NoiseAnnoys posted:

They are in a much better place than they were 14-16 years ago for sure.

Hell, better than like 4-5 years ago too (yikesaroo, the whole km/troubles era etc)

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hell, better than like 4-5 years ago too (yikesaroo, the whole km/troubles era etc)

yeah i missed that whole era of poo poo completely by accident because nobody then would answer my requests to recover my password (since it was tied to an old email address from my pre grad school days).

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
that was pretty serendipitous innit

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

it was especially good because i needed time to buckle down and finish a thesis. what was wild was coming back after that time to a radically different forum culture, largely for the better but completely not what I remembered.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

NoiseAnnoys posted:

it was especially good because i needed time to buckle down and finish a thesis. what was wild was coming back after that time to a radically different forum culture, largely for the better but completely not what I remembered.

welcome to chudville

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
i kissed a chud and i liked it

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!

:cheers:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Heath posted:

sometimes it's funny though like comparing the "kill the colonizer in your head" defense of witchcraft belief post with the guy's previous insane racism

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

SirSamVimes posted:

sometimes it's funny though like comparing the "kill the colonizer in your head" defense of witchcraft belief post with the guy's previous insane racism

This one felt like fair game to me because 1) holy poo poo, those posts and 2) you can tell that guy didn't change his opinions at all, just decided that he didn't like white people anymore so now Gross Racist Caricature Indigenous Society is the cool option

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Grand Wizard transitioned to Witch

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

remembering/doxing is fine if it’s funny

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Remembering can be funny when it's like "Hey look at the 800 times this guy posted the same hosed up thing" like that YOSPOS poster who talked about how funny he thought it was to watch sex scenes with his kids.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Remembering can be funny when it's like "Hey look at the 800 times this guy posted the same hosed up thing" like that YOSPOS poster who talked about how funny he thought it was to watch sex scenes with his kids.

I don't really like thinking about how many times he referenced that joke on the forums, or how many times he must have told it in person

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Remembering is endorsing

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I like that one user who posted all the funny usernames in the YOSPOS thread and it made them melt down because ????? Donald pentium still makes me smile

Good ol' arf. Hasn't he caused multiple mods to lose their stars just for innocuous posting in qcs?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Arf posting, in the speedrunning thread, totally normal posts and appending 'but I'm not going to watch it' on one single evening caused more reports than there were posts of his to report. People were PMing in extra reports.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the watch thread has a rotating guard of IKs and a neighborhood watch entirely because of "mad because I'm icey" which only gets more correct by the day

Smirking_Serpent posted:

hell,

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I love the kind of "trolling" that's just posting normally in a thread but with a Known Troll Username

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

HopperUK posted:

Arf posting, in the speedrunning thread, totally normal posts and appending 'but I'm not going to watch it' on one single evening caused more reports than there were posts of his to report. People were PMing in extra reports.

i was once reported for posting things I liked in the post things that irritated you thread in PYF

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

i was once reported for posting things I liked in the post things that irritated you thread in PYF

Chaotic behaviour

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Runa posted:

Grand Wizard transitioned to Witch

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HopperUK posted:

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

HopperUK posted:

People were PMing in extra reports.

:lmao: