Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

JUNGLE BOY posted:

fightful select is reporting that uncle howdy may be returning…..

https://x.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1774809078088261918?s=20

RIP bray but uncle howdy and all of his gimmicks were always completely horrible shlock

so definitely bring it back triple paul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Hefty Leftist posted:

RIP bray but uncle howdy and all of his gimmicks were always completely horrible shlock

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

projecthalaxy posted:

https://twitter.com/JonAlba/status/1774878165296365596

You were brought in to carry a Mysterious Bag. You made this very clear.

what the gently caress other reasons could there be? To intentionally gently caress you over by giving you millions of dollars, the world title (twice!), and your own god drat show??

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Colt should wrestle with Smart Mark Sterling in his corner on the next Rampage

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

Made a lot of friends who will most certainly remain friends after his comments about guaranteed pay being a bad idea.

workers rights is wanting workers to get paid less

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

MediaPlayerClassic posted:

Sleep all you want now, but montez ford is the future of the wwe

Seven years running

Truly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc6E_m4oV4o

I remember watching that spot happen, in the Raw thread, and just being like. This man is so talented and he's killing himself for some sword spray and no crowd.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

https://twitter.com/JonAlba/status/1774878165296365596

You were brought in to carry a Mysterious Bag. You made this very clear.

Tony was clearly just using him, must have asked for the number to the ice cream bar company or something.

CarlCX posted:

I love that Ariel Helwani doesn't even have a role in this. It's not like he's needling Punk or pushing him into anything, he's just asking general questions and Punk is giving the worst possible answers because he is an incredibly unlikable human being.

I wouldn't be surprised if the sellout envisioned himself as Katt Williams in the Club Shay Shay interview but not realizing the many differences.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It must be loving exhausting being CM Punk, carrying around all those grievances everywhere he goes while having such a large chip on his shoulder that he's more chip than man at this point. Might explain why he's always injured

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

It must be loving exhausting being CM Punk, carrying around all those grievances everywhere he goes while having such a large chip on his shoulder that he's more chip than man at this point. Might explain why he's always injured

that's why he needed the big bag

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

fragile ego, fragile body, weak mind, weak spirit

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's cool that Punk is such a veteran he could already tell his share of the gate was 5 million a year, unlike those guaranteed salary cucks

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
It's time for CP Munk to return to Ring of Honor

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Pretty Deadly. These beautiful boys

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Wait there was a Wyatt documentary? Any good?

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Wonder how the Fed feels about the timing of these interviews. Doesn't seem like it does much to keep focus on Wrestlemania instead of that other company. Yeah, Punk is doing commentary at Mania but nobody's buying it for that.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Alan_Shore posted:

i can sum it up for you: bray wyatt was a wrestling genius who sold a billion tickets and never had any bad matches ever, especially at hell in a cell

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
It remains absolutely wild to me that Phil talks so much poo poo after Moxley absolutely burned him to the ground on national television in front of his hometown, obliterated in less than 60 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFeoPFeWlg

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Bray doc was loving phenomenal, hate WWE all you want but they are REALLY good at productions like that, and also I understand people not liking the Uncle Howdy thing but after watching the doc and seeing Taylor and listening to him talk about his brother, even if literally the only thing that happens is Taylor and the rest of his loved ones feel good about trying to continue his legacy then that's good enough for me tbh

Alan_Shore posted:

It's an in-house production so if you want a 360 degree view of his story you're probably not gonna get it, and in many ways it's a fluff piece, but it's a drat good one, and there's some genuinely cool unreleased footage and stuff if you have any interest in those things

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 1, 2024

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Quid posted:

Sounds like something a person who would manipulate a friend into leaving up a podcast in the face of legal threats would say.

“If you’re gonna gently caress with people, don’t be an amateur & leave evidence behind. This way there’s plausible deniability & you can victim-blame to your hearts content.”

What a shithead

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

BOOTY-ADE posted:

“If you’re gonna gently caress with people, don’t be an amateur & leave evidence behind. This way there’s plausible deniability & you can victim-blame to your hearts content.”

What a shithead

Criminal Mastermind Punk

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

BOOTY-ADE posted:

What a shithead

Not even good advice, Vince tried to do some victim blaming today and it just made him look worse.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It remains absolutely wild to me that Phil talks so much poo poo after Moxley absolutely burned him to the ground on national television in front of his hometown, obliterated in less than 60 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFeoPFeWlg

I legit do not think anyone has been destroyed this thoroughly in pro wrestling history before or since

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

so embarrassed i was ever a fan

hope his body’s resilience continues to match his brain’s

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

this hasn't been said i don't think because there is a lot in there to laugh at but cm punk going 'wrestlers should be paid based on the ticket revenue' genuinely might be the most out of touch thing any wrestler has ever said

aew, let alone wwe, could have tickets cost $0 for the next 5 years and so long as the TV money is coming in completely dwarf every other wrestling company combined in terms of revenue

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

rare Magic card l00k posted:

this hasn't been said i don't think because there is a lot in there to laugh at but cm punk going 'wrestlers should be paid based on the ticket revenue' genuinely might be the most out of touch thing any wrestler has ever said

aew, let alone wwe, could have tickets cost $0 for the next 5 years and so long as the TV money is coming in completely dwarf every other wrestling company combined in terms of revenue

all those Saudi trips are because they love buying tickets!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

rotinaj posted:

I legit do not think anyone has been destroyed this thoroughly in pro wrestling history before or since

That promo was 5 days before Brawl Out. s tier timing

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

workers rights*

*the right to get paid like poo poo lol

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Punk is the funniest wrestler of all time.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

rotinaj posted:

have you heard of a particular moment in punk’s match with satoshi Kojima

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

genuinely praying someone, anyone, in WWE tests his patience and the definitely ironlad contract he has with WWE that def says he will be turbofired at the first hint of starting poo poo. If Drew McIntyre did the poo poo he's doing in AEW I guarantee Punk would be steaming out of his ears, but this is the last bag he'll get so he has to let everything roll off his back.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i wasn't watching wrestling during his first indie to wwe run but man it must have been good because everything that i've seen of punk has me questioning why anyone spent years chanting his name

I'm the same, I missed basically his entire first run bc I wasn't watching, so all I've seen is this whiny out of shape loser who can't hang with the new crop like he'd want to. maybe he was more inspiring in an era when wrestling sucked more, but I wasn't watching then so all ive gotten is bitter old broken man punk

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

rotinaj posted:

it's so funny that Punk is still caught up on Hanger's workers rights line because "he didn't run it by me first" when Mox cut this promo and Punk didn't say poo poo

like there's no way Mox ran "Fragile Ego, Fragile Body, Weak Mind, Weak Spirit" by Punk first because there's no chance Punk approved that

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

VideoWitch posted:

it's so funny that Punk is still caught up on Hanger's workers rights line because "he didn't run it by me first" when Mox cut this promo and Punk didn't say poo poo

like there's no way Mox ran "Fragile Ego, Fragile Body, Weak Mind, Weak Spirit" by Punk first because there's no chance Punk approved that

such an all timer promo. the most efficient verbal evisceration ive ever seen. punk was probably just jealous that mox destroyed his aura in 8 words when it takes punk 15 goddamn minutes on tv to say "im happy to be here"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

VideoWitch posted:

I think its clear Punk probably respects WWE guys more than guy who came up just via the indies/ROH/New Japan which is why he probably let Mox's line go but got super mad at Hangman

That or he thought Mox would legit choke him out

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Mox, the same dude who didn't wanna do the job so he HAD to beat an INJURED Punk for the title and make a dumb Rocky rehash "storyline".

Yea ok

Mox is Punk with slightly better PR and a 100x worse wrestling mind.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

this dumb bitch really went out in front of god and everybody and basically said "most wrestlers should get paid less" proving hangman 100% correct. no wonder that line burrowed its way into his head like a ceti eel

and having read his livejournal he has no space to call anything dumb internet poo poo

"I didnt feel wanted" you got your own show and locker room you fuckin walnut. tk was doing matrix poses to keep his dumb rear end in the company

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Motherfucker really said of the McMahon situation he can't believe how dumb Vince was to leave a papertrail.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

RBX posted:

Mox, the same dude who didn't wanna do the job so he HAD to beat an INJURED Punk for the title and make a dumb Rocky rehash "storyline".

Yea ok

Mox is Punk with slightly better PR and a 100x worse wrestling mind.

after seeing how loving godawful the previous title match with Hangman went I wouldn't want to do a straight job to CM Glass either so fair

bartok
May 10, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Bray doc was loving phenomenal, hate WWE all you want but they are REALLY good at productions like that, and also I understand people not liking the Uncle Howdy thing but after watching the doc and seeing Taylor and listening to him talk about his brother, even if literally the only thing that happens is Taylor and the rest of his loved ones feel good about trying to continue his legacy then that's good enough for me tbh

It's cool that Taylor wants to continue his brother's legacy but WWE has a very storied history of being disrespectful to dead wrestlers and when they get any pushback they just say "it's what they would have wanted". It just takes one guy cutting a Randy Orton "Eddie's in Hell" style promo to ruin the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

bartok posted:

It's cool that Taylor wants to continue his brother's legacy but WWE has a very storied history of being disrespectful to dead wrestlers and when they get any pushback they just say "it's what they would have wanted". It just takes one guy cutting a Randy Orton "Eddie's in Hell" style promo to ruin the whole thing.

but surely they'll respect the integrity and history behind the Uncle Howdy gimmick performed by a career jobber, I can only see this going well