Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Who is the Metal Gear Solid guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

You'll crush yourself while they don't notice you even exist?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

mlnhd posted:

Elite NWO antichristian SWAT.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

You'll crush yourself while they don't notice you even exist?

Lmao I assumed that was the intended message and that the cartoon was supporting another trucker protest or something but no Stiglich is just loving stupid.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Skios posted:

Is there a Kellies category for 'The cartoonist's least disguised fetish'?

That's just a plain revolting way of wishing someone a nice Easter :catstare:

It's like a Christmas cartoon showing the birth of Jesus, where he's literally half out of Mary

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

HootTheOwl posted:

Does NT even exist?
I mean, I have never installed it on anything

Did you use XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, or 11? Those are all NT-lineage.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

mlnhd posted:

Well known anonymous cartoon artist, Rivers, carefully analyzing whether this cartoon contains a reference to Jesus.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I don't know what's funnier, that he thinks Jesus just stepped down from the cross or that the he left his loincloth up there.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Alhazred posted:

I don't know what's funnier, that he thinks Jesus just stepped down from the cross or that the he left his loincloth up there.

It might be his poor attempt at the shroud of turin?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Draping a cloth over the cross is a common symbol during Easter time, with different colors corresponding to different parts of the Easter story (purple for Jesus's suffering, black for his death, white for his resurrection).

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Baltimore Bridge Disaster - Choose Your Explanation

Rall can even "both sides are bad" the bridge collision. Has anyone, anyone claimed that structural racism was responsible for the collapse?

Selachian fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 1, 2024

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Randalor posted:

Eh, the age of the bridge plays a very small part, but only in the sense of "50 years of engineering developments happened since the bridge was built." The bridge itself was probably fine from modern bridge engineering standards.
It was also a 50-year-old American bridge, so it was likely ready to fall if a strong enough tide came in.

Selachian posted:

Draping a cloth over the cross is a common symbol during Easter time.

Rall can even "both sides are bad" the bridge collision. (Has anyone, anyone) claimed that structural racism was responsible for the collapse?)
Not exactly I don’t think, but the black mayor of the majority black city has been called a “DEI hire” because racists are stupid as gently caress.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 1, 2024

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Selachian posted:

Draping a cloth over the cross is a common symbol during Easter time, with different colors corresponding to different parts of the Easter story (purple for Jesus's suffering, black for his death, white for his resurrection).

Rall can even "both sides are bad" the bridge collision. (Has anyone, anyone) claimed that structural racism was responsible for the collapse?)

Yes. A small minority, but loudly. Check out the freep thread if you don't believe me, but they're going on about the city having a 'DEI mayor' who obviously can't be trusted to stop terrorists from ramming into a bridge. (Edit: vvvv they believe the racism is against white people.)

I read this Rall as making fun of them.

Prism fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 1, 2024

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Selachian posted:

Rall can even "both sides are bad" the bridge collision. Has anyone, anyone claimed that structural racism was responsible for the collapse?

I highly doubt it. Also, its worth noting that Rall is telling on himself again, given he is lumping people who believe in structural racism with people who believe in absurd conspiracy theories.

I dont know fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 1, 2024

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Prism posted:

Yes. A small minority, but loudly. Check out the freep thread if you don't believe me, but they're going on about the city having a 'DEI mayor' who obviously can't be trusted to stop terrorists from ramming into a bridge. (Edit: vvvv they believe the racism is against white people.)

I read this Rall as making fun of them.

That's a very generous reading, much more generosity than I am inclined to extend to Ted Rall.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ella Baron on Easter hunting in Gaza – Palestinians search for US aid among the US bombs dropped simultaneously on the strip"

Telegraph:

How Scotland became an Orwellian nightmare :derp:; Scotland's new hate crime law comes into force. After HM Bateman.

Times:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
*holds a plucked chicken aloft*
Behold, a Blower!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Neito posted:

Did you use XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, or 11? Those are all NT-lineage.

Oh so it's just an NT abstract os

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

An unexpected claim from Branco that Trump is, in fact, a RINO who is harming the Republican party and the country.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Selachian posted:

That's a very generous reading, much more generosity than I am inclined to extend to Ted Rall.

I didn't say he did it well.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I dont know posted:

I highly doubt it. Also, its worth noting that Rall is telling on himself again, given he is lumping people who believe in structural racism with people who believe in absurd conspiracy theories.

He's not. I've seen people who literally claimed DEI is why the bridge fell down.

Selachian posted:

Me too. Nevertheless it's a thing I've witnessed so I have to, reluctantly, let Ted Rall have this one.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Apr 1, 2024

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Selachian posted:

Ordinarily I'd agree, but, I think in this case it is that simple an explanation for the comic. Obviously Rall isn't a good writer, so the sarcasm that's supposed to be in the second panel doesn't really hit, but I think the main point he's making is in fact "Bridge fell because big boat hit it."

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Ted Rall tip toed over the tiniest of hurdles by being not as dumb as Freepers~

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
the problem is he's not doing "absurd" just "what other people are saying" and we can't hear the eye roll in his voice. and, frankly, it takes a larger amount of stupid than that to be clearly outside the bounds of what ted "lol that teacher who died saving those children should have been fatter"/"9/11 widows are just in it for the fame"/"the wart grew into my heart" rall actually believes.

alex jones was all in on it being some huge conspiracy but one of his callers was a legit boatman that was all "that's just what it looks like, i know" and jones...quietly...dropped the topic...

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

The thing is, the people screaming about “DEI made the bridge fall down” are arguing against the existence of structural racism, because they’re arguing that DEI inherently hires completely unqualified minorities. Literally none of them are arguing “the bridge was designed under the effect of structural racism”, they’re arguing “we’re letting [slurs] have jobs they’re unqualified for due to white guilt”. It’s very weird how Rall is misinterpreting that view into something vaguely leftish.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Broelman:

PM and ministers took two jets for clean energy announcement on RAAF advice, says Chris Bowen (Guardian) "Energy minister says air force advised the runway at Scone, near Liddell power station, would not accommodate Albanese’s larger plane".

Lethbridge:

Spooner:

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Did we ever have the 2023 Kellies?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I most enjoy the logic that the Baltimore mayor had anything to do with the accident in any way.

Did he DEI the construction before he was born 50 years ago? Did he DEI the maintenance of the bridge in a manner that would have made it immune to the laws of physics for a collision of that size? Did he DEI the crew of the ship to operate poorly? Or did he DEI the manufacture of their power supply that apparently turned on and off before the crash? Maybe he DEI'd himself onto the ship in the middle of sleeping to sabotage it himself.

The answer of course is that idiots saw a black man speaking on TV about a fresh tragedy and "you never let a crisis go to waste", the ghouls.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

.Edward Penischin posted:

I thought we had the votes for them, but I can't remember. I know DV has said that even with the automation tools they have, it's a clusterfuck because of all the entries and making up category titles that either get one single entry, or that would fall under a similarly titled category.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Amjad Rasmi

Carlos Latuff

Dave Whamond

David Horsey

David M. Hitch

The damage to our environment is ultimately more dangerous than inflammatory headlines about immigration, a good cartoon.

Dick Wright

That wily Biden, establishing the date of the Trans Day of Visibility ten years before he even became president. Does his time-travelling perfidy know no bounds?

Ed Gamble

Jack Ohman

Jeff Koterba

Jimmy Margulies

John Darkow

Mike Peters

Mike Smith

NEMŘ

Rivers

I wonder if Jesus ever said or did anything regarding mixing financial transactions and religion. Probably not, right?

Walt Handelsman

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

.Edward Penischin posted:

I'm still working on processing the entries after several setbacks (and admittedly some procrastination on my part due to the sheer scale). We're looking at about 1000 entries, so voting is going to be an additional clusterfuck. Going off of current trends this year will be "just" 800 entries, assuming no uptick for the election.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

"Captcha the Nag"

I love this one, it hits so many of the Kelly tropes, nagging wife, booze, crying Lady Liberty and latest fad while being about something we all hate.

L. Ron DeSantis fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 2, 2024

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

"Captcha the Nag"

I love this one, it hits so many of the Kelly tropes, nagging wife, booze, crying Lady Liberty and latest fad while being about something we all hate.

Lady Liberty in the background window is just perfect

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Technowolf posted:

Lady Liberty in the background window is just perfect

Yeah it makes you wonder if Kelly's self insert was jerking off to it before his wife interrupted him.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Democrats believe the bible should be free. A surprising cartoon!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

What is this, a Prickly City crossover? Thanks, I hate it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Vib Rib posted:

I mean, there's a copy in almost every hotel room in the country. You're a fool to not take advantage of free literature.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Most religious groups are giving out their texts for free. I walk past a shop on my way to work every day which have stand with Quran books and a sign that says "free for the non-believers".

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Microplastics posted:

That's just a plain revolting way of wishing someone a nice Easter :catstare:

It's like a Christmas cartoon showing the birth of Jesus, where he's literally half out of Mary

Reminds me of the episode of Nip/Tuck that dealt with a nun wanting to confirm her Stigmata, only for the cocky surgeon telling her that Christ would have been nailed by the wrists and ankles as the hands and feet would not have supported his weight.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Chip Bok

Gary Markstein

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Does people seriously believe that Biden set the the date for Transgender Day of Visibilty?