Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

did a podcaster use the phrase "social murder" recently or something, it's been all over CSPAM today

oh you mean like “stochastic terrorism”?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Cerepol posted:

you have an interesting belief in the Canadian medical system and the increasing rot due to decades of starvation and politicking

like it has been pointed out several times now, there is nothing wrong with the wording and stated implementation of MAID. The issue arises as soon as you add in the context of the Canadian state, inclusive of its politics, treatment of indigenous peoples, racism, and ableist attitudes.
We can also talk about the reality of setting up a dichotomy wherein the patient believes it's best for themself to get maid because the govt will never do anything to improve their lives and they have no other options. it does not deny agency to understand people will act differently if they are not constrained in their choices, and empowering people to choose to live by their own agency is a much better target to hit (costs money tho :'( )

one of my best friends is going to apply for maid and is pissed at the delay in mental health reasons. I support her and individually there can be benefits, systematically it is a troubling tool to introduce into the state under the current right wing trends arising from a deeply unequal society getting hit with the ongoing climate crisis

i am also pretty scared of our upcoming election because our conservative party is picking up the anti trans rhetoric and who knows maybe it'll become my best option one day when it becomes illegal to live as myself

yeah i guess we should just sentence people with terminal illnesses to be forced to die in pain and suffering then, as long as it prevents even one borderline case due to some vague "systemic issues"

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Shipon posted:

yeah i guess we should just sentence people with terminal illnesses to be forced to die in pain and suffering then, as long as it prevents even one borderline case due to some vague "systemic issues"

great summary of my post no notes, that is exactly what i said, can't believe i wasted all those words when only a few would have done :doh:

at no point have i said i don't want maid available, i am asking for better and to explain why issues with maid are not based on wanting people to suffer as you keep suggesting
do you think the discussion here is going to influence policy or something? how is talking about maid and the interactions with systematic issues in loving cspam going affect anything?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Old people and poor people are suffering so if u don't want to prescribe suicide to every poor and old person u want people to suffer

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Vox Nihili posted:

Americans financing trucks in the post-ZIRP era is equal parts comedy and nightmare

https://twitter.com/ArmandDoma/status/1774657029359251819
lol she admits in the video that she's the one who got the financing for both of the trucks and that they have a third car (an Audi of sorts).

just terminal fuckin carbrain, holy gently caress.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Abner Assington posted:

lol she admits in the video that she's the one who got the financing for both of the trucks and that they have a third car (an Audi of sorts).

this person is totally posting this as ragebait lol, the audi part was absolutely hilarious to drop at the end. perfect timing

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i was watching this video on the tim apple glasses and lmao at the rutibex bait at 22:00. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLMZPlIufA0 holy poo poo, this suddenly explains why collectively the entire internet has been jizzing themselves about how great ai and can only go up-up-up

e: really worth a watch from start to finish though, the turn at the end is hilarious

Xaris has issued a correction as of 06:39 on Apr 2, 2024

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Xaris posted:

You can sign-up for a 6-month eviction extension if you agree to step into the phone booth after the term ends. if you had previously opened a coffee shop in a disenfranchised area within 22 months after receiving a pell grant, you are eligible to receive an additional 9% bonus to the extension duration, but only if you filed it on your W2 at the time of incorporation.

I'm sold

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Shipon posted:

No? Illnesses can be cured, and pain can be relieved.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/pitdesi/status/1774955270910964124?s=20

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

No? Illnesses can be cured, and pain can be relieved.

hundreds of thousands have died in agony after only being given a few more months to live, basically for no benefit to themselves or their families, because of these lies they were sold by the healthcare industry so they can boost their profits by billing insurance and the government for expensive treatments of dubious effectiveness

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

this 'screen that obstructs your view' poo poo should probably be illegal

only an issue if you're a manlet

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

some people are so different than me.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Shipon posted:

hundreds of thousands have died in agony after only being given a few more months to live, basically for no benefit to themselves or their families, because of these lies they were sold by the healthcare industry so they can boost their profits by billing insurance and the government for expensive treatments of dubious effectiveness

So they're liars but we would rather trust them with ending life directly?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
When i was still working a corporate job i absolutely hated talking about it outside work hours. Im not at work dont make me think about work.

What the gently caress is wrong with people

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

silicone thrills posted:

When i was still working a corporate job i absolutely hated talking about it outside work hours. Im not at work dont make me think about work.

What the gently caress is wrong with people

what if we did drugs and talked about work

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Shipon posted:

call me alarmist but maybe canada didnt have to immediately proceed to the "if youre really poor you can die too" stage

trout!!
Mar 3, 2004

Xaris posted:

i was watching this video on the tim apple glasses and lmao at the rutibex bait at 22:00. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLMZPlIufA0 holy poo poo, this suddenly explains why collectively the entire internet has been jizzing themselves about how great ai and can only go up-up-up

e: really worth a watch from start to finish though, the turn at the end is hilarious

yeah, the "profits must improve... forever" mentality really drives some nutty stuff in the valley. The startup / VC world is a scam, and almost everything here is built on "must go up" principles. It's going to break eventually, but until then it's a wild ride trying to find the next big thing

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

rudecyrus posted:

Work chat reminds me how agonizing the job searching process is and how crushing it feels to be jobless. I've always had trouble getting one for many reasons (ASD, ADHD, chronic health problems, severe depressive disorder and anxiety, to name a few), plus I graduated after the Great Recession, which, y'know, didn't help. It wasn't through lack of trying -- I'd spend months trawling through job sites, applying for whatever opening looked good, reading article after article for help, writing and rewriting resumes, but I always stopped because I'd end up spiraling into a deep depression after getting gently caress-all in response. I managed to get a job as a packager about five years ago, but ended up quitting because corporate made the working environment miserable (talked to HR about accommodations, nothing changed lol).

I tried employment programs for the disabled -- one from the state, one from a "nonprofit", both were essentially useless and consisted of someone searching job sites alongside me, calling the company a few times if I didn't get a reply, then saying, "Well, guess they're not interested!" I ended my latest search a month ago because I was struggling with sudden crying fits, constant sadness, suicidal thoughts, all that good stuff. It's so disheartening every time and it gets worse as time passes, not just because I have a vast unemployment gap, but also material conditions are deteriorating and the future looks really loving dark. If you don't work, you're useless, a burden. When will I be pushed towards some state-encouraged euthanasia program?

Yeah, I'm dreading the job search. Today is my last day due to a move. :rubby:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Xaris posted:

lol at putting this on with this hair

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the funniest thing about the vision pro is they learned nothing from their competitor and made it weight 4000 pounds on your face

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
VR was 2 bubbles ago.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol just realized theres a 99% chance taintrunner has a vision pro

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Homeless Friend posted:

lol just realized theres a 99% chance taintrunner has a vision pro

oh 100%. easy.

he's a rich wife guy who just slums on the couch all day and was a big tim apple fan

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

skooma512 posted:

VR was 2 bubbles ago.
yeah apples been late to the game, and also late to the "AI!!!" game which has hurt 'shareholder sentiment' lmao

VR felt like a pretty forced bubble, i didn't really know anyone who actually really cared, especially with MS and Sony trying to force VR console poo poo that flopped DOA. that said technology, particularly on the very small-scale level, has been advancing a lot. it's amazing what the Switch does as basically a 2013-model android tablet. a new Switch with 2024-tablet technology would be balls-busting good. i could be wrong but I think VR was a bit too premature for it's own good and they cooked the golden goose while it was still a zygote in an attempt to chase da profits before anyone else.

but it's clear that even with $$$$$$$ in infinite apple money, they still can't make a good device, so it's probably still too premature.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Abner Assington posted:

This part made me wonder if it was fake.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

HazCat posted:

:confused:

I don't know a single person who thinks of their paycheck in terms of weekly values. Paychecks are either fortnightly or monthly.

i get paid weekly (salary)

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I am just hoping to drive my POS until the crash. Then I can pick up a new car when people are having to dump theirs for cheap.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

sorry, prius has looked ugly for loving ever, they are disqualified for toyota being so useless they have never redesigned it to look like not a doug rear end bubble car.

the new ones look cool. kinda "aggressive" for a prius. look like future cars. also expensive.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

Smythe did you forget to log out of your pfc alt?

=D

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

the new ones look cool. kinda "aggressive" for a prius. look like future cars. also expensive.

the newer 2023-4 redesign is fine but the 2018-9 redesign whatever was fuckin' rear end, just dogshit. the 2012-2018 was vastly vastly better than whatever that garbage was

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

SirPablo posted:

The correct vehicle answer is buy a used school bus for $10,000, convert it into a camper, and live in it rent free.

u need sewer & such hookups & trailer parks are very expensive. famed yosposters jonny290 is prob the last person to be able to do this move

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

post hole digger posted:

some people are so different than me.

I remember on Twitter a couple years ago I saw someone posting about some kind of power point party they had and it felt like I was some sort of different species from them.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Smythe posted:

i get paid weekly (salary)

i dont. thanks for reading.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i'd like to execute all these ppl with a chain saw lol. BRRRWWWWWW

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

fart simpson posted:

i dont. thanks for reading.

you get paid in commie scrip & say thank u for ur service while u get rear end hosed by a CCP member. Amen

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

the newer 2023-4 redesign is fine but the 2018-9 redesign whatever was fuckin' rear end, just dogshit. the 2012-2018 was vastly vastly better than whatever that garbage was

the OG one looked stupid but it was a station wagon (?)

the prius C or w/e little one was cool i wish theyd bring it back. a chevy spark sized prius would be cool. also it should cost $10,000

Griz
May 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/Andalalucha/status/1772738564935045157

https://twitter.com/AztecaSinaloa/status/1773076526180831424

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/01/mexico-beach-bands-noise-complaints

quote:

Rubén Rocha, the governor of the northern state of Sinaloa, where Mazatlán is located, wrote in his social media accounts Thursday: “I do not share the idea of prohibiting the musicians of Mazatlan from carrying out their honest dignified work, that allows them to feed their families.”

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ive lived in the barrio for so long both of those videos are basically muted for me. cant even hear it anymore. passes right thru the ol noggin without any comprehension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Smythe posted:

you get paid in commie scrip & say thank u for ur service while u get rear end hosed by a CCP member. Amen

i never hated them