Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
hiding a bomb in a pack of adult diapers because nobody is going to question a cover story of "i poo poo myself"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I thought bread and roses came about due to yikesaroo and not the troubles. Clicking on qcs for the first time out of curiosity and trying to figure out what the (forums) troubles were was an interesting experience

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yikesaroo.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Peace be unto you. Yikesaroo.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
You coup me, I coup you

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

HopperUK posted:

Arf posting, in the speedrunning thread, totally normal posts and appending 'but I'm not going to watch it' on one single evening caused more reports than there were posts of his to report. People were PMing in extra reports.

ArfJason posted:

You should correct that. The thps series is some of the greatest arcade and score attack videogames that have ever been made and it trascends the maligned image of Extreme Sports and celebrity themed games. I must have played each one of the original 4 dozens of times, and still revisit them from time to time, and heavily encourage if you havent given them a try to do so asap, especially thps3. I am in awe hearing about this mans achievement and full combo videos, and will enjoy reading his posts, but i am sad to say that I Will Not Watch. Farewell.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

ilmucche posted:

I thought bread and roses came about due to yikesaroo and not the troubles. Clicking on qcs for the first time out of curiosity and trying to figure out what the (forums) troubles were was an interesting experience

Nope, Bread and Roses was started around the time of the big FYAD blowup back in December, because almost immediately afterwards CSPAM exploded with massive fights against D&D, causing a bunch of CSPAM people(notably Smarxist) to make a new forum. They invited Koala's March's squad right after that. They were fairly small at first, but when Lowtax was proven to be a woman beating pos, they opened up registrations and started recruiting on SA.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
The past few pages have been fascinating.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Excuse the self quoting but

sheesh who is that guy lol

I did not know about this. It makes what I did seem even worse, somehow.

But then again, there were a lot of things I was ignorant about.

Valko posted:

I just figure they are trying to be funny by being offensive. I spent 3 minutes just skimming the surface for the screencaps I posted.

Or in other words:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

That was only the third thing on my rapsheet but I was totally guilty of acting like the guy in the comic - and doubled down on it ever since until a few years ago. Smythe was only half-right when he said the insanely unhinged posts I had been making must be some sort of bit. A lot of it was me stubbornly refusing to admit I was wrong.

There were probably others like me too. They didn't do what I did or leave for BnR. They just... left.

KM did more harm than a lot of people realised. I'm not making excuses for myself. I'll be known as the idiot who threatened to shoot people forever and it's deserved.

My gut feeling is it's a bad idea posting this but... gently caress it. Cursor been hovering over the Submit Reply button for half an hour now.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Note Block posted:

You coup me, I coup you

Pokémon~

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Valko posted:

My gut feeling is it's a bad idea posting this but... gently caress it. Cursor been hovering over the Submit Reply button for half an hour now.

You should listen to this impulse to not post 100% of the time

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I know I shouldn't make this all about myself, but

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Yep.

I was told before that I desperately need to work on having thoughts I don't post. Still working on it.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Valko posted:

Yep.

I was told before that I desperately need to work on having thoughts I don't post. Still working on it.
So, don't. Don't post. Don't hit reply on this post, either. Log out, close the browser and walk away from the computer. Do something else.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Go out, grab a nice coffee and a pastry

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

They bought a Putin av for someone. I forget who. Sorry about it

Yeah so I bought lollontee a putin avatar. They were constantly doing pro-russia, pro-putin posting in the finnpol thread and I just got bored.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

TheSwizzler posted:

Go out, grab a nice coffee and a pastry

I actually did go out and got a pack of spaghetti and 4 apple and cereal yoghurts. The place I've been working at isn't open until tomorrow. I'll probably watch the rest of Invincible season 2 before I make a start on dinner. Thinking about making assassins pasta tonight because my youtube feed is filling up with stuff about it. Looks tasty.

I think J.K. Simmons is really phoning it in as Omniman, though. He doesn't seem to be putting in the same effort as he did when he played J. Jonah Jameson in the Sam Raimi Spiderman films.

I'll be sure to come back in a few hours and share my thoughts about Invincible Season 2 with The Kins later though. I'm sure he'd love to hear all about it.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Valko posted:

I'll be sure to come back in a few hours

Please don’t

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I really like when people abbreviate bread and roses "BnR" because it reminds me of school, when we used BNR as shorthand for Boner, No Reason.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
came up a lot, did it

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Valko posted:

listen dude, you need to stop kicking your rear end over stuff like this, just let it go

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Why did they name it bread and roses. That seems like a very random name. Is there a joke I'm missing

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Tiny Myers posted:

Why did they name it bread and roses. That seems like a very random name. Is there a joke I'm missing
all they eat is pizza and they smell bad so they spray febreze all over the place, i think that's what it means

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Tiny Myers posted:

without irony: have you tried googling it

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

without irony: have you tried googling it

Oh ok it's a historical activism thing I see. My apologies it's 3 am and the name felt like such a non sequitur I assumed it was some kind of inside joke or something. I'd never heard of that before.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
It sounds pretentious and poo poo. Working as intended

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

guns and bread and roses and circuses

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

And dives

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Someone opened a bakery called Bread and Roses near me a little while before the pandemic, and he used to complain all the time that people would come in looking to get a baked good and some flowers and then leave when that wasn’t an option.

As you’d expect from someone that ran a business named for a pro-labour slogan, he also apparently loved to delay paycheques, and dock people’s pay for insane reasons.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

bread and hoeses

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Half of Dracula posted:

Peace be unto you. Yikesaroo.

bless you

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I thought Bread and Roses was just the next WDDP, like that it had literally evolved from WDDP into Bread and Roses.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

stop or ill chutes and ladders

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Excuse the self quoting but

sheesh who is that guy lol

Lolling again at boba post later down on the page w/r/t pipebombs

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
all we can be certain of is that bread n roses is no sheepish patio

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
always putting the posting on a pedestal

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

reading that qcs thread and boy this person seems pleasant

Anukis posted:

Nice to see liberal collaborators who keep trans people vulnerable to bigoted harassment campaigns on this website also punish the leftists for attempting to build solidarity and help people who need help.

Nazi honeypot website.

Anukis posted:

This subforum has a target on it and nobody is protecting the vulnerable young transitioners posting in it. I'm genuinely terrified for y'all. Anyways, bye.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The owner of this website, get out now, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
I'm an empathetic, sensitive, educated, intellectually curious non-idiot. Just don't call me late for dinner.