Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

bedpan posted:

it is like the story that popped up a few months back showing that for some strange reason, the humanitarian aid operations explicitly disclosed to Israel by the US just kept on getting bombed by the Israeli military

Israel uses GPS guided bombs.

It was demonstrated in the killing of UN observers in Lebanon in 2006, that those strikes could have only come from JDAMs programmed with their locations. Rather than being used to prevent errors, the information provided to Israel was simply punched in as targeting data.

It was still reported as being a series of uncanny accidents, because you will never, ever, be able to get liberals to see something they don't want to.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 16:07 on Apr 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/reider/status/1775115906005229807

The convoy was attacked three times in quick succession

So it is clear that:
-it was the IDF
-the convoy itself was the target of the bombing

At this point we're way past manufacturing stories like when the first hospital got bombed and they tried to blame it on an Islamic Jihad rocket.

We're well into "yeah we did it on purpose, what are you gonna do about it lol" stage.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

It was demonstrated in the killing of UN observers in Lebanon in 2006, that those strikes could have only come from JDAMs programmed with their locations. Rather than being used to prevent errors, the information provided to Israel was simply punched in as targeting data.

It was still reported as being a series of uncanny accidents, because you will never, ever, be able to get liberals to see something they don't want to.

Not bombs but snipers, but still the same idea. In the immediate aftermath of the 2018 sniper massacre that killed hundreds of Palestinians and left thousands more wounded, the IDF twitter account posted (then quickly deleted) a tweet basically stating "we do not make mistakes. Every bullet hits exactly where it is intended to."

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/NTarnopolsky/status/1775132379927003582?s=20

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1775166138458022377

rat miller crying in his office saying he cant do it today

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

WoodrowSkillson posted:

yeah, its exchanging the satisfaction of vengeance for knowledge of the actual events which can hopefully be used to provide closure to people and also prevent it from happening again.

yeah, like ten different people in seperate statements said slightly different things, all four primary source newspaper articles say slightly different things, govt records say one thing, observer records say another, how do we reconcile all these sources into a confident picture of what happened, or at least a range of possibilities bounded by the evidence. it doesn't even necessarily have to involve any kind of amnesty, its just that amnesty tends to make people more willing to speak openly and honestly about what they remember, and less likely to destroy evidence and records before they can be examined

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

under the doctrine of felony murder, Hamas is the legally culpable party

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Orange Devil posted:

Literal quote from last saturdays (could've been friday's) newspaper in the article about the Dutch frigate arriving in the Red Sea to "help safeguard shipping from Houthi aggression":

"The Houthi's claim their attacks on shipping are due to the war in Gaza, but for the Netherlands and the US, these are two separate dossiers."

Exactly. The US deploying Seabees to build a loving dock at the end of the military road constructed by Israel, and Israel precluding that being used to actually feed people are two different things. Therefore the construction going ahead, and food not being allowed by land, and the US providing more F-15s and 2000lb bombs, are all totally different - separate from Israel bombing the NGO that underpinned all of this. For the US to not build a dock (for who, now?), not provide free military equipment and so on, would be responding to events across domains, which is impossible. :dumb:

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Fast Luck posted:

They can't even try to spin it. More importantly, unfortunately, they know it doesn't matter. Israel has mostly lost the information war, surely on the global stage. Without US diplomatic backing they would be a true pariah state. But nothing Israel does will get the US to withdraw that support. It will have to be forced upon them.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Cactus Ghost posted:

iirc the "reconciliation" is of information, not people. truth and reconciliation is about coming to as complete and empirical as possible of an accounting of what the gently caress actually happened without anyone sticking their dick in the info to try to save their career or whatever

ok, well i still think israel should be destroyed. maybe they need a truth and reconciliation and destruction inquiry

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
death to the us-backed idf

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Speaking of GPS - for a while now, Israel has been loving with GPS systems in the area. Sometimes Google maps or Waze will show you that you're in Beirut or Cairo. Supposedly they do it to gently caress with GPS guided missles, but I don't know how exactly it works. Would it redirect missles to Egypt or whatever, or just "confuse" them somehow?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Hatebag posted:

ok, well i still think israel should be destroyed. maybe they need a truth and reconciliation and destruction inquiry

the goal is to kinda monkey wrench the tendency for history to be written by the winners, so to have one in the first place the winners have to not be huge pieces of poo poo eager to falsify the record in their favor, so yeah id say the state of israel's destruction is a prerequisite

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Sancho Banana posted:

Speaking of GPS - for a while now, Israel has been loving with GPS systems in the area. Sometimes Google maps or Waze will show you that you're in Beirut or Cairo. Supposedly they do it to gently caress with GPS guided missles, but I don't know how exactly it works. Would it redirect missles to Egypt or whatever, or just "confuse" them somehow?

iran uses differential gps which is vulnerable to this kind of spoofing. israel may be trying to get iranian planes to fly into israeli airspace or somewhere they could murder a bunch of iranians

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Let he who hasn't accidentally bombed a convoy not just once, not just twice, but three times in rapid succession, cast the first stone.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

yeah a T&R in this case is once the current israeli state is dismantled. There is no T&R wit hthe current Israeli state existing. you bring in as many former state agents as possible and get real accurate data on things like black sites, torture of prisoners, mass killings, etc so it is all uncovered and not buried. you don't just round up every single one of the former mossad spooks and try them for war crimes, since a bunch will just lie or stay quiet and the full scope of the atrocities will die with them. Instead you hang the true ringleaders and monsters in power, and let the lesser ones off with amnesty in exchange for them coming clean and fingering their superiors.

Also helps with legitimacy going forward as its much harder for others to claim the new people in power are violent conquerors or whatever. Instead the full breadth of the depravity is exposed and known, not lost during revenge killings (however justified)

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

most militaries use dual-signal gps as compared to typical commercial single-channel gps systems. russia has GLONASS and china also has their own gps system, but iirc those aren't really global in that they don't cover the whole globe

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

gently caress you; get out there and do a briefing anyway. It's not that I want to hear the little weasel try to spin this*, but you made this bloody, genocidal bed and you're going to loving sleep in it.

* Or indeed ever open his mouth again.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

gently caress you; get out there and do a briefing anyway. It's not that I want to hear the little weasel try to spin this*, but you made this bloody, genocidal bed and you're going to loving sleep in it.

* Or indeed ever open his mouth again.
he's doing self care to focus on being the calmest Hitler possible

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

is that sick gently caress smiling?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

go play outside Skyler posted:

is that sick gently caress smiling?

He's talking about his surgery and thanking the doctors at the start.

I mean, he is probably also happy about the murders, but y'know. The man is a vile rat but he usually knows how to present himself carefully.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Spain will formally recognize palestine as a nation this july

======

Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez was quoted by a number of Spanish media on Tuesday as telling reporters accompanying him during a tour of the Middle East that his country would recognize the Palestinian state by next July.

Sanchez quoted unofficial comments made by journalists accompanying him on his trip late Monday in the Jordanian capital Amman on the first day of a tour that includes Jordan, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

According to reports, Sanchez said he expected events in the conflict to unfold before European Parliament elections in early June, and highlighted ongoing discussions at the United Nations.

He added that he expected Spain to recognize the Palestinian state by next July, and said he believed there would soon be a “driving bloc” within the EU to push several member states to adopt the same position, according to the Spanish news agency.

At a meeting of the European Council on March 22, Sanchez said he had agreed with the leaders of Ireland, Malta and Slovenia to “take the first steps” towards recognizing the declared state declared by the Palestinians in the Israeli-occupied West Bank and in the Gaza Strip.

He said at the time that he expected recognition during the current 4-year legislative cycle that began last year, and in response, Israel informed the four countries that its plans amounted to a “reward for terrorism” and would reduce the chances of a negotiated solution to the Gaza conflict, she said.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...31604;&%231577;

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

well that villanous delivery and the empty platitudes have certainly placated me! that's a good one to have on the docket for the next time we have guests over

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://x.com/nickkalmanfn/status/1775178402019852481?s=46&t=I-gsjpvNkUNcOBofs8OOkQ

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

They will issue a slow shaking of the head at the IOF killers in response.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I never took Pisspiggranddad for a coward, but here we are.

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1774856045665640738

Ahh, yes, my feelings are very complicated about the country that just triple tapped a food truck.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Retromancer posted:

Ahh, yes, my feelings are very complicated about the country that just triple tapped a food truck.

maybe you should listen to the ep...... it's a good interview

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Retromancer posted:

It was handled with the gravitas that such a subject deserves.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Hurrying to go listen to genocide apologism

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Fast Luck posted:

more likely he wanked himself into a coma

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Retromancer posted:

You know I thought so too, but after listening to the entire thing it really opened my eyes.

Once you hear what some Israelis really have say, and listen to what they sound like, you know... there are some good ones, and they're struggling too.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

Retromancer posted:

haha owned

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

You know I thought so too, but after listening to the entire thing it really opened my eyes.

Once you hear what some Israelis really have say, and listen to what they sound like, you know... there are some good ones, and they're struggling too.

Everyone wants to say DTI until someone goes on a podcast and cries about how hard it is being a settler.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://x.com/jamesstout/status/1775177154092728670?s=46&t=I-gsjpvNkUNcOBofs8OOkQ

in awe of the photo. right through the loving logo

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

It's been revealed that the Danish frigate, Iver Huitfeldt, named after a dude whose ship blew up and killed him and almost his entire crew, had been without air defenses for more than 30 minutes due to technical difficulties during an engagement with four Ansarallah drones back in early March. It was originally presented as a successful operation. Prosperity Guardian going well.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

lmao at everyone itt who clearly hasn’t listened to the episode

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Retromancer posted:

Everyone wants to say DTI until someone goes on a podcast and cries about how hard it is being a settler.

it's easy to say "DTI" until you hear from israelis like the ones they interviewed

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

haven't and won't be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

why would i i still havent forgiven them for interviewing AOC