Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Israel uses hellfire missiles, or similar Israeli-made ones, without an explosive payload, similar to the ones JSOC developed, when carrying out targeted killings.

If you are hitting a specific car, since that's a confined space and unarmored vehicle, you wouldn't need a warhead. So, this isn't just a weapon being used, but very specifically an assassination weapon. They've been using them in Palestine for years.

That obviously raises some questions, for instance: why would the squadron ordnance officer put those weapons on the aircraft if the target for the day wasn't clearly identifiable - and therefore specifically targetable - soft vehicles?

Jesus, they used the sword missiles on them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
hamas has given an update regarding the negotiations, they are also confident the war is in their favor

======

Hamas: Mediators did not present new proposals to the movement

Leader of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) Mahmoud Al-Mardawi:

The mediators have not submitted new proposals to the movement, but are in direct contact with us in Cairo and Doha.

If the new proposals do not include real answers that form the basis for an opportunity for an agreement, they remain a waste of time.

The origin is that the enemy comes with answers regarding the files of return of displaced people, ceasefire, withdrawal, relief and reconstruction.

The enemy is dodgy and does not make any proposals with the basic files and wants a deal of prisoners only, but the resistance insists on all the files.

Hamas informed the mediators that if the enemy submits proposals to remove all obstacles to the return of displaced people to their homes in the northern Gaza Strip, provide appropriate humanitarian relief, the withdrawal of the occupation forces and the ceasefire, there is room to conclude a prisoner deal, and the movement will offer flexibility in this file, and otherwise it is not possible.

There is no file with an agreement, and the enemy puts obstacles in front of it, but in the end it will yield and retreat in files.

The internal and external general environment adds pressure factors in favor of the resistance position and not the enemy's.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31587;&%231591;

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
I dont want Lebanon to suffer.

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I suppose all it would have to say is "vehicles marked as humanitarian and driven by apparent civilian aid workers, are suspected of (something, something) Hamas" eh?

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

The US is losing the global south forever. Mulitpolarity is inevitable

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

VoicesCanBe posted:

The US is losing the global south forever

Brandon will be dead in a few years so he's fine with it.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Retromancer posted:

I never took Pisspiggranddad for a coward, but here we are.

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1774856045665640738

Ahh, yes, my feelings are very complicated about the country that just triple tapped a food truck.

He also thought it was very mean to laugh at the stupid Billionaires who imploded themselves in their own poorly designed submarine, but I think it’s less cowardice and more of a misplaced sense of empathy

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

VoicesCanBe posted:

The US is losing the global south forever. Mulitpolarity is inevitable

Agreed, forgive the pizzaburger

Nonsense has issued a correction as of 18:18 on Apr 2, 2024

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

https://substack.com/@caitlinjohnstone/note/c-52972841?r=5c4bt posted:

Netanyahu: [livestreams himself kicking a Palestinian baby off a cliff]

Netanyahu: [staring into camera] I kicked a Palestinian baby off a cliff because I hate Palestinians and I want to genocide them.

State Department press corps: Any comment on the video of Netanyahu kicking a Palestinian baby off a cliff and saying he wants to commit genocide?

State Department spokesman Matt Miller: [smirking] Uh, I have seen that video, and I can say that we're looking into it and we're in touch with our counterparts in Israel on this issue. Beyond that I would only reiterate our position that claims that Israel is committing genocide are unfounded and anti-semitic in nature, and I have nothing further to add at this time.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Clip-On Fedora posted:

He also thought it was very mean to laugh at the stupid Billionaires who imploded themselves in their own poorly designed submarine, but I think it’s less cowardice and more of a misplaced sense of empathy

before we get into a very stupid discussion: it's an April Fool episode where they play a nonsense audio clip on repeat for more than an hour of runtime, in lieu of any actual interviews. it's very explicitly mocking the misplaced empathy that you see in NYT and the like

I don't listen to TrueAnon otherwise so I can't speak to any history of something or other

Ramie has issued a correction as of 18:24 on Apr 2, 2024

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Let's see what the "papers of record" have to say about it

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

specifically the “Israeli voices” they’re interviewing appear to be brace saying “nya nya nya… blah blah blah” run through various voice distorters and set to a variety of disconcerting musical tracks

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Sociopath serial killer says his latest murders made him feel bad.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Unintentionally giving aircrew 12 hours notice, unintentionally readying aircraft, unintentionally planning flight routes and ordnance, unintentionally loading missiles on aircraft, unintentionally flying to a location, unintentionally identifying the correct vehicles, unintentionally examining them with the EO on the aircraft, unintentionally either passing that optical guidance to a missile or illuminating them with a laser, unintentionally firing the weapon, unintentionally firing two more times etc.

This is going to drive me insane, but suppose you are a liberal, which part of this is unintentional?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

This is going to drive me insane, but suppose you are a liberal, which part of this is unintentional?

Being made to feel remotely chastened about it.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Unintentionally giving aircrew 12 hours notice, unintentionally readying aircraft, unintentionally planning flight routes and ordnance, unintentionally loading missiles on aircraft, unintentionally flying to a location, unintentionally identifying the correct vehicles, unintentionally examining them with the EO on the aircraft, unintentionally either passing that optical guidance to a missile or illuminating them with a laser, unintentionally firing the weapon, unintentionally firing two more times etc.

The consequences

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

GoLambo posted:

There comes a point where political realism crosses the threshold into "could have actually stopped the second holocaust but chose not to" and the invasion of Rafah is inching real close to that line. If the various Arab governments want to play the scared dog slow game forever until the Palestinian genocide is a past-tense already-happened thing, their heads are on the block too. It's easy to say that "it's easy to say do something" but it's also possible that you're culpable for your actions now no matter how calculated, and letting Israel carry out it's genocide to the inflection point where it will have been completed before you acted is going to see those in charge during that process killed, not sacked. There is no future where Israel wins the war, even if it completes the Palestinian genocide in-essence because there are going to be enough fighters to keep the war hot until the Israeli state collapses. Subsequently, there is equally no future where Israel "gets away with it" and those seen as collaborators will absolutely have a reckoning, because even if you take a pessimistic and cynical view of humanity on a raw political level those collaborators will be the easiest and weakest marks in the world to build your power against. Being a collaborator here is a loving stupid, losing, getting your rear end killed for nothing move. Inaction isn't going to look a whole lot better, and whatever social movement develops out of response to this horror is going to be laser focused on stringing up those who they view as responsible for letting it happen.

Just watch Jordan end up being reverse-syria-libya'd into a militant staging ground against Israel, fed through Iraq, wide open with zero realistic prospects of "policing" against it. Ansarallah, bless them, ain't poo poo compared to the storm that will be coming for the rest of the middle east. I know the late 20th century rotted some peoples brains but wars have consequences, the foremost of which is more war.

I think this is a good post, which made me feel like I personally am isomorphic to a random German not opposing the nazis in Germany as the camps burn on through the night. If that's the epitome of burger thinking I'll happily eat my probe because this post has been gnawing at me since I read it, and I have shared it with a couple close friends and family members.

I also appreciate the optimism shown in this post w/r/t Israel having no possible status quo future and I hope that is an accurate reading of things.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

maybe they intentionally did it to distract from the hospital. but I guess that one passed by real quick anyway

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

israel is crying and wailing and making GBS threads their diapers that Egypt and Qatar arent helping israel by pressuring hamas to surrender.

=========

Israeli media: Tel Aviv's disappointment with Doha and Cairo for not putting pressure on Hamas

Hebrew Channel 12: There is a great disappointment in Israel with the behavior of Qatar and Egypt, which did not put pressure on Hamas and did not use any influence in it

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31587;&%231591;

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Some 16 year old at the controls heard the truck was full of hummus and went nuts.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

You guys ever get flustered at work and accidentally create an entire airstrike?

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

You guys ever get flustered at work and accidentally create an entire airstrike?

Cathy is Hamas

ack!

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Ramie posted:

before we get into a very stupid discussion: it's an April Fool episode where they play a nonsense audio clip on repeat for more than an hour of runtime, in lieu of any actual interviews. it's very explicitly mocking the misplaced empathy that you see in NYT and the like

I don't listen to TrueAnon otherwise so I can't speak to any history of something or other

dude... you gotta let the good ones run it's course.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Ramie posted:

april fools on the internet is dumb as poo poo and frankly i don't give a poo poo if its a joke im just going to assume that represents their feelings anyway

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Look, Hamas operates under killer virus rules.

Those people were in a building with a member of Hamas. You can't say with certainty that all of them didn't spontaneously convert to Islam and declare war on Israel before they left the warehouse.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

april fools on the internet is dumb as poo poo and frankly i don't give a poo poo if its a joke im just going to assume that represents their feelings anyway

Nah that's dumb

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Jon Carbuncle posted:

Cathy is Hamas

ack!

allahu ack!bar

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Nice reaction

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

cspam media literacy remains comfortably seated between “particularly bright dog” and “particularly dim kindergartener”

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Israel's mass murder, important? NO it is the podcast that should be everyones focus

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Hatebag posted:

allahu ack!bar

lmao

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hatebag posted:

allahu ack!bar

lol

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Hatebag posted:

allahu ack!bar

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I hate them so much

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

That's right.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

https://x.com/getfiscal/status/1775216028244467909?s=20

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Hatebag posted:

allahu ack!bar

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة