Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Erg posted:

Trying to do MoC and PF for the first time has shown me I’ve got way too many characters where I got some barely passable relics, leveled them to 9, and left them to rot lol

My relics just aren't optimized for speed. I loving hate how necessary that stat is. In MoC, you can get around it through combinations of Bronya, Sparkle, 4pc Messenger, and Dance x3. Also, just having an insane amount of burst damage so speed doesn't matter. Pure Fiction has different requirements sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bland posted:

Who said it's "dead"? I'm saying they seem to be changing the one piece of endgame content where they could actually outperform the standard Destruction/Nihility hypercarries to make them less effective. It still being possible to clear with sufficiently powerful Erudition characters with the right supports doesn't change that.

They have not been reduced in effectiveness in PF. Basically every 40k clear of Part 1 is pure Erudition.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

coolusername posted:

Still working through 2.1 at my snail’s pace, just finished POV swap Aventurine, pre-stage rehearsal edition. And wow, serious props to the VA - I have a bad tendency to click through text at the tail end of sentences once I’ve read them if doesn’t seem vital to hear the filler line, but I didn’t tap the skip once this whole POV because he had me hooked from the second the clone popped up.

Reallllyyyy hoping I get lucky on his banner now.

I didn't think I'd like his story but I think they pulled it off. I'll roll whatever jade I get at the time on his banner and hope for the best, but not saving any jade while I can roll for Acheron eidolons. I really want to see what kind of damage he is capable of putting out in a full follow-up team while still building mostly DEF for big shields.

As insane as Acheron is in every way, the part I like best about her is instant clearing all trash content in Simulated Universe.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Good news, because all his attacks and his crit rate scale off Defense, it's basically the exact same build! Building him for the biggest damage in a FuA based team *is* building him for the best sustain at the exact same time!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i like their absolutely bonkers promo budget and them just kinda doing whatever. it really fits with the vibe of the trailblazer

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Can't help but notice that the Robin ultimate song leaks have multiple videos on Youtube with millions of views. Insane how popular this game is.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

GateOfD posted:

seems there's a lot a bunch of allegory sidequests to do i see. are the stories for them as good as the previous set?

I try to avoid leaks so I only found two new one, Chabro in the alleyway near the golden capsule machine at Golden hour, and that Hillary Clinton stand-in near the concessions stands at Clockie park. Where's the others at?

NeonPunk fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 2, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Allegory sidequests?

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

Allegory sidequests?

The ones where you need to fix their emo dial.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

NeonPunk posted:

I try to avoid leaks so I only found two new one, Chabro in the alleyway near the golden capsule machine at Golden hour, and that Hillary Clinton stand-in near the concessions stands at Clockie park. Where's the others at?

There's another guy deep inside the Dewlight Pavilion as well, in Sunday's office. And I think that's it, there are only 3 new ones added this patch.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Clarste posted:

The idea behind "spooked" is that you were jumpscared by a pull you didn't expect while aiming for the banner character. So you might get spooked by Yanqing, but never by Acheron. Because of how banners work.

closer example would be Welt, the spook be seeing the rainbow ticket, the Nihility symbol...and its Welt.

bigger spook than Yanqing cause Welt wouldn't be a bad 50/50 fail draw, but you still want the banner one, so its a different kind brand of hurt.

I remember it happened to me with Fu Xuan, ended getting Gepard before her and was like nooo wrong preservation.
Course, Gepard ended up being useful to me in different situations, but still felt it.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Apr 2, 2024

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

blizzardvizard posted:

There's another guy deep inside the Dewlight Pavilion as well, in Sunday's office. And I think that's it, there are only 3 new ones added this patch.

Just three? That's disappointing since they've added whole lot of those small conversations where you can absorb emotions. Now I have a huge piles of emotions Gears with nowhere to use them

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

literal emotional baggage

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I’ve got FX, loucha, Gallagher e6, and fire blazer. Who is a better sustain for e2 Acheron? I have the trend lightcone.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

just let me gently caress with pompoms emotions as much as i want

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I’ve got FX, loucha, Gallagher e6, and fire blazer. Who is a better sustain for e2 Acheron? I have the trend lightcone.

Fu Xuan, probably. But it comes down to rng.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The meta for the most damage on E2 Archeron uses Gallagher unless the math has changed.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

NeonPunk posted:

Just three? That's disappointing since they've added whole lot of those small conversations where you can absorb emotions. Now I have a huge piles of emotions Gears with nowhere to use them

I found someone named Whisper as well in the Reverie (dreamscape) hallway. I didn't think to mark down where she was, though. Sorry!

eta. Chabro was 2.0, I did that one well before this patch.

Obnoxipus fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 2, 2024

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Bad Video Games posted:

My relics just aren't optimized for speed. I loving hate how necessary that stat is. In MoC, you can get around it through combinations of Bronya, Sparkle, 4pc Messenger, and Dance x3. Also, just having an insane amount of burst damage so speed doesn't matter. Pure Fiction has different requirements sometimes.

the magic 134 number stinks because even with boots for 25 SPD (already something that takes too many runs) you need to get lucky on a couple rolls on other equipment

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Erg posted:

the magic 134 number stinks because even with boots for 25 SPD (already something that takes too many runs) you need to get lucky on a couple rolls on other equipment
I find it's not too bad for supports, who usually aren't too picky about substats and can use 2-piece Messenger to get over the line, but for a carry, who desperately wants to stack as much crit as possible as well, it's a loving nightmare. I'd be interested to see some calcs for how much crit value it's worth giving up to get the 134, because in the real world, that's what you're doing.

That's the best thing about Ruan Mei: on top of everything else, she lets you cheat on your SPD breakpoints.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Personally I'm using Gepard with the burn LC as my sustain on E2 Acheron team. When the enemy team all AoE or attack him and I get 3-4 extra stacks it is very nice. Also have enough SP with Sparkle to use his skill every turn for a debuff.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Erg posted:

Most of my characters are around 132 speed or less. Some of my dps units are even in attack boots. I just don't let the speed thresholds get to me too much. If I can't get 1 star because of a total of 8 speed substats, then that's fine.

Also, I built 2 solid teams for Pure Fiction and shuffled all of my relics around for the magic 134+ on everyone. Now I'm doing less damage and getting fewer points overall? :confused:

I give up for now. I'm not getting sweaty over 1 star. I've got relics to grind for Aventurine.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I got Ach

victory for Lesbian women

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Meowywitch posted:

I got Ach

Did you have to go to hard pity?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Bad Video Games posted:

Did you have to go to hard pity?

I had to lose to Yanqing at 75, and then go to about 80 again, yes.

Thankfully, I prefarmed. Remember to always prefarm, friends.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Meowywitch posted:

exact same. also very true image file name

soap.
Jul 15, 2007

Her?
Welll my poo poo luck on previous banners makes sense now, I just won 3 50/50s in a row and have E2 Archeron so apparently I was saving my luck for her. Unreal.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Meowywitch posted:

I'm prefarming for Aventurine right now! I need so many trace materials... I'm going to max his traces because he deserves it, and he also needs a cone. I currently have 96 of the purple material, and I need 55 more purple, 77 blue, and 20 green (so a little over halfway).

I did the ascension materials before the patch since they aren't new, and I'm good on exp books and aethers from events.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Speaking of poo poo luck, I synced up for the warp tracker and saw that mine was even worse than I suspected.

I got bronya instead of sparkle e1 but apparently she's good so I can't be too upset at least.

I've got like 65 pulls lined up for aventurine so far and I don't like my odds.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

What LC will Aventurine want other than his own? Will Gepard’s LC be a good option? Mostly wondering about using him alongside Topaz and Ratio.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
drat, that’s the worst I’ve ever seen. AND a Yaqing too.

But Bronya good, slap her on a dps (while making her just a tiny bit slower or super fast, but slower is easier to build) and they can get off two attacks back to back. You can seele - bronya boost - seele again.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

I got Ach

Hope you didn't have to drop big money.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

coolusername posted:

drat, that’s the worst I’ve ever seen. AND a Yaqing too.

But Bronya good, slap her on a dps (while making her just a tiny bit slower or super fast, but slower is easier to build) and they can get off two attacks back to back. You can seele - bronya boost - seele again.

Yeah, Seele/Bronya are gonna be my next two to work on after I finish farming Aven's materials up because that duo really does look great in every aspect.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

rio posted:

What LC will Aventurine want other than his own? Will Gepard’s LC be a good option? Mostly wondering about using him alongside Topaz and Ratio.

Aside from his signature, Gepard's LC is his best generalist option, Trend is his best with Ratio and Acheron, and I guess either that or Day One with Clara to reduce his aggro draw?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Hope you didn't have to drop big money.

I threw ten bucks at it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Genovera posted:

I'm prefarming for Aventurine right now! I need so many trace materials... I'm going to max his traces because he deserves it, and he also needs a cone. I currently have 96 of the purple material, and I need 55 more purple, 77 blue, and 20 green (so a little over halfway).

I did the ascension materials before the patch since they aren't new, and I'm good on exp books and aethers from events.

I'm putting all of my time into relics. I want to get some decent dps gear for him. I can farm traces later.

rio posted:

I'm about 40 deep into the weapon banner. If Topaz is rerun next patch, he'll get his 4 star from the shop. If not, I'll probably try for his signature.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Just burned 2 of my self-modeling resins trying to get a Diver Crit Rate Body with decent substats for Acheron, and got crap on both.

Do I burn a 3rd...

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

No. Using resin for dps is pain.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Acheron's technique is still bonkers I can't believe it exists even as i'm using it

Such a lovely QoL that new people are gonna be screwed out of, for quite some time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Bad Video Games posted:

No. Using resin for dps is pain.

Yeah, I only use resin on spd boots and err ropes, gear pieces that will be used with 0 relevant substats. They are better with substats of course, but well you need them anyway.