Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

They need to give you a reason to mill. Hearthstone has fatigue, making mill a legit win condition. Here it just.. passively gives them a widows bite I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Nah, they don't need to give Mill an upside. Mill decks in any card game should never be competitive, and in a game as short as Marvel Snap they should never be more than a meme.

A meta Mill deck would be loving miserable.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

psychopomp posted:

What other cards do well in a mill? I remember having fun with Master Mold and Grandmaster.

1 Power: Yondu, Spider-Ham, Nico
2: Cable, Grandmaster, Forge (for Gladiator/Lady D)
3: Zemo, Negasonic, Rogue, Mobius, Gladiator, Magik
4: Abs Man, Shang
5: Black Bolt, Lady D
6: Odin

Goblins also take up room on their side of the board.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I played one game against a Zemo deck. Turn 5 his Zemo pulled my Nico which rolled duplicate, and then turn 6 he played the duplicated Zemo which pulled y final card Knull.

I'm surprised it worked that way, i thought the stats on Knull were only a visual indicator and he didn't actually have them the stats until he was on the board.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

CJ posted:

I played one game against a Zemo deck. Turn 5 his Zemo pulled my Nico which rolled duplicate, and then turn 6 he played the duplicated Zemo which pulled y final card Knull.

I'm surprised it worked that way, i thought the stats on Knull were only a visual indicator and he didn't actually have them the stats until he was on the board.

Zemo pulls lowest cost card, so if Knull was your last card that's what he gets. Not sure why stats would matter.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.

Skippy McPants posted:

Nah, they don't need to give Mill an upside. Mill decks in any card game should never be competitive, and in a game as short as Marvel Snap they should never be more than a meme.

A meta Mill deck would be loving miserable.

gently caress mill in all its incarnations
I got into deck building games via MTG during Return to Ravnica, I still want to burn House Dimir to the ground

Also still riding my hatred for Mystique/Wong, Zemo could disrupt that rhythm I guess.

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

The psychological warfare of turn one Red Hulk snap.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Zemo is fun but Thanos decks are everywhere and the game is boring again. Apparently there's an OTA this week and a patch next week, so maybe it won't be so bad for long

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Red Hulk in one, on a bit of a roll!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Devo posted:

Yeah, you can actually very reliably drain your opponent's deck now. Problem is that most of the draining is low cost cards, so they still hit you with bombs.

The thing with Zemo is that if they've drawn their curve plays then you start pulling their bombs. If they haven't, then they're not playing anything much on curve because you're taking it so they only have one or two bombs to try and overcome your board presence.

I've already pulled someone's Sera with Zemo. He's more effective than you make out.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Zemo seems fun also his name is fun to say. Plus the season pass has arguably the best Taskmaster variant so far so it's an ez buy.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Jedit posted:

The thing with Zemo is that if they've drawn their curve plays then you start pulling their bombs. If they haven't, then they're not playing anything much on curve because you're taking it so they only have one or two bombs to try and overcome your board presence.

I've already pulled someone's Sera with Zemo. He's more effective than you make out.

I've hit someone's Sera as well and still lost because they played Brood, Abs, Surfer. I don't think the problem I'm having is necessarily what I'm pulling with Zemo. It's more an issue of not putting up enough points with the surrounding package to win two lanes.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Devo posted:

I've hit someone's Sera as well and still lost because they played Brood, Abs, Surfer. I don't think the problem I'm having is necessarily what I'm pulling with Zemo. It's more an issue of not putting up enough points with the surrounding package to win two lanes.

So, he drew his three key cards while you were stealing his whole deck. That doesn't make your deck bad, it makes him lucky.

As for not putting up the power, that sounds like a deck building problem. Between stolen cards, Shangbangs and a top end finisher like Red Hulk I'm not seeing much issue. I might try and crowbar Shadow King in somehow for Destroy decks, though - you don't necessarily want to Zemo them, although every tool you remove is a tool they can't ramp with.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
It's early but looks like RedHulk is better than green Hulk in HE now. Was watching someone play him last night as a sub in for Hulk and on average he is typically a bit bigger. Especially for the versions still running Magik.

Is it worth it worth it for the info you give your opponent is an open question? On average everyone plays like you have a Hulk on the last turn (unless you did a skip play) so it might not be that detrimental in practice.

Also watch out the untapped tracker does a fairly good job of IDing bots, but it can definitely get it wrong and you might be against a player.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Apr 3, 2024

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Devo posted:

Zemo pulls lowest cost card, so if Knull was your last card that's what he gets. Not sure why stats would matter.

Ahh i thought it was lowest power.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Had someone go T4 Wong to T5 Zemo and my deck was thin enough at that point that the second card they pulled was my Knull

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I'm not there yet, but it seems like this is going to be the most relaxed climb to infinite of all time, thanks to the untapped tracker bot detection.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Is it working for you? I've never had it flag someone as a bot - and I'm sure they've been bots.

Edit: reinstalled the tracker and the first game it flagged my opponent as a bot.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 3, 2024

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

uXs posted:

I'm not there yet, but it seems like this is going to be the most relaxed climb to infinite of all time, thanks to the untapped tracker bot detection.

I don't suppose that works on mobile?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Maneck posted:

Is it working for you? I've never had it flag someone as a bot - and I'm sure they've been bots.

Edit: reinstalled the tracker and the first game it flagged my opponent as a bot.

Yeah. Apparently there are far less bots on 90+ though. Very sad. Before that I had bots like every, I dunno, 5 games? And it seemed very reliable.

Hobo Clown posted:

Nope.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
is there a cap on collector's tokens or did I manage to catch myself hitting 10k on the dot

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

flatluigi posted:

is there a cap on collector's tokens or did I manage to catch myself hitting 10k on the dot

not that I know of. I have 12.1K now and have had 18.9K before

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

No, I am at almost 20K currently

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011

flatluigi posted:

Don't give them ideas.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The only currency with a cap is Credits. Gold, Tokens, Keys, and even Conquest Medals are all infinite.

Edit: and Tokens are great to horde because it's rare that you need to buy a card with them. I'm sitting on 22k currently and there's nothing anywhere on the horizon that I'm even tempted to spend them on.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
Slapping someone's Ronan with my brand-new Echo is almost as good a feeling as stomping them with Kingpin

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Hobo Clown posted:

They've been pretty consistent in that mobile users and Mac users are a distant second and third to PC users.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

flatluigi posted:

There's a guy on Twitch who has almost 80k so no

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Kitty is so disgustingly good in this hot location

I love her

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

uXs posted:

Apparently there are far less bots on 90+ though. Very sad. Before that I had bots like every, I dunno, 5 games? And it seemed very reliable.

Fewer bots, and now I know I'm not imagining another issue. I complained last month that there seem to be "trying to win" bots in the 90 bracket. As in, opponents who make objectively bad plays which could only plausibly succeed if they know your play. And win as a result. The last one who did this was labelled a bot by the overlay. So, I guess that's a thing Second Dinner does, in prime time hours, for some reason.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Maneck posted:

Fewer bots, and now I know I'm not imagining another issue. I complained last month that there seem to be "trying to win" bots in the 90 bracket. As in, opponents who make objectively bad plays which could only plausibly succeed if they know your play. And win as a result. The last one who did this was labelled a bot by the overlay. So, I guess that's a thing Second Dinner does, in prime time hours, for some reason.

All higher-level (R70+) bots do this since they have perfect information, but the stakes are a lot higher in the 90s, so you really notice when it happens.

Reminder, bots appear at regular intervals depending on your rank,

70s, 1-in-4 games.

80s, 1-in-5 games.

90s, 1-in-7 games

I've paid close attention to those counts the past two seasons and they line up with my experience perfectly. That said, it might depend on your MMR since Second Dinner's "ideal" match-making time is 5 seconds. It's possible the 4/5/7 spacing is the maximum number of bots the system allows players to encounter, and folks who seesaw up and down in the sub-90s see fewer pots as a result of having a wider matchmaking pool.

Would be a sad irony if higher MMR players have an easier time ranking just because they see more bots, and know how to spot them and milk them for the maximum number of Cubes.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Maneck posted:

I've seen literally zero bots since getting to 90+.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

I had my Nimrod-on-Shuri's-Lab Shang-chi'd on the turn he's revealed *twice* today. Once there was an additional Shuri buffing him up. It was pretty obvious both times what kind of deck I'm playing.

Thanks for the even easier wins, I guess.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
i've pretty much had zero bots, unless bots now can play with the best / newest cards...

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I've seen bots play brand new meta decks

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
T2 my opponent played Ramona, then T3 Mr.Negative, with priority.

T3 I played Zemo...he pulled their Zola, and the two Zemo copies then pulled Knull and Iron Man. :feelsgood:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/interrobange/status/1775894713390031204

No wonder I keep getting loving Man-Thing

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I am still missing like 10 s4 cards and always pull the dupe, the system is not working properly or working extremely properly if you are SD

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

if SD wants me to stop hoarding keys they'll guarantee you don't have the random card if not collection complete.

I know, I know, they'd be outta business in a week but they did this to themselves.

also the weighted 2:1 4/5 ratio means it's worse than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

This wouldn't be so bad if the dice roll option wasn't such a middle finger. At least make that 3k tokens so you can get a S4 card.