Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

emSparkly posted:

Once I dated an 18 year old guy when I was 19 for a week and even that was too awkward for me.

Entire months of age difference? Straight to jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

A couple years ago I went out with a 21 year old as a 31 year old, all they could talk about conversation-wise was how good I look for the first date, and the second date they went through with shopping with me so we could make out. I told them I was feeling sick and left before that.

I’ll go back to dating women 15 years older than me thank you very much

so are the older women here losers for not going with someone close to them?

are you the dumber younger person that doesnt know theyre losers?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
the qualitative difference between a 20 and 30 year old is much higher than between a 30 and 40 or 40 and 50...

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Y'see, qualitative "age gap severity" can actually be mapped like a logarithmic function, with it even out around (insert age everyone unanimously agrees on).

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
divide by 2, add 70

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
"But doctor, I *am* the MILF I lust after now!"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

FurtherReading posted:

Apparently the reddit execs have been selling off a ton of their shares since the IPO.

I'm not a finance guy though so I don't know if it's enough to be a bad look.

No, a 'bad look' is the new site design.

Thankfully, there are extensions for Firefox and Chrome already which revert the changes by changing all links to https://new.reddit.com/

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

PhazonLink posted:

Oddly enough the “how do I get my milf on” posts get a better response on reddit outside of the active warzone subs.

Peter Falk
Sep 29, 2023

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

divide by 2, add 70

:getin:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Old Man's Burden

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

No, a 'bad look' is the new site design.

Thankfully, there are extensions for Firefox and Chrome already which revert the changes by changing all links to https://new.reddit.com/

Don't you mean old.reddit.com? Or is there a new new look?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Technically, it;s a new new new look. It forces the mobile version on all users and fucks up a bunch of stuff, like scrolling back up inside a post and from inside subreddits themselves.

Nothing better than accidentally scrolling past something you think you might want to look at, only you can't now because you can't scroll up sometimes at random.

Also, opening images from a subreddit then closing the image also closes the sub. If you click on a post then press 'back' you no longer retain your place in the sub, you get sent back to the very start.

And that's just what I found in half an hour of scrolling before I installed an extension to stop it.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Technically, it;s a new new new look. It forces the mobile version on all users and fucks up a bunch of stuff, like scrolling back up inside a post and from inside subreddits themselves.

Nothing better than accidentally scrolling past something you think you might want to look at, only you can't now because you can't scroll up sometimes at random.

Also, opening images from a subreddit then closing the image also closes the sub. If you click on a post then press 'back' you no longer retain your place in the sub, you get sent back to the very start.

And that's just what I found in half an hour of scrolling before I installed an extension to stop it.

Wow with a user experience this bad the shareholder value must be through the roof

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

That's what you get for going to reddit

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
<opens reddit> :o the website is bad

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

goblin week posted:

:o the website is bad

Thread title

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

PhazonLink posted:

We’re all losers dating losers

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
Did anyone else read this article?
https://medium.com/@profgalloway/icebreaker-a77380afcb3d

kind of mixed feelings... I think we all know Reddit is bad and getting worse, but it's interesting to see big-tech investment speculators take on what Reddit will need to do to "increase shareholder value" :barf:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
:allears:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m adding this to my grndr profile.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

:hmmyes:
Thank this guy for saying what we’re all thinking 🧐

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Real design flaw, how do I submit a bug report?

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

That’s got to be satire

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
theres an old joke that god must be a civil engineer because he installed a waste disposal pipeline going through a major recreation area

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

hole science is a fascinating topic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egEraZP9yXQ

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

dreezy posted:

theres an old joke that god must be a civil engineer because he installed a waste disposal pipeline going through a major recreation area
Can we get it zoned as both please? Things can do double duty.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NSx6vcDKpI

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Did everyone get rich off reddit stonks yet

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Biplane posted:

Did everyone get rich off reddit stonks yet

The execs sold 10s of millions of dollars worth of stock pretty much immediately.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

FurtherReading posted:

The execs sold 10s of millions of dollars worth of stock pretty much immediately.

So the value skyrocketed? I'm no big brain moneyguy but that's what's supposed to happen I think

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
Redditor is dangerously close to discovering his own anus

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://twitter.com/bad2sentence/status/1776463600703488020

:yikes:

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
what the gently caress

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Huh?

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I read it as he drove her to suicide so he could have her children to raise.

But it was the creature

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Apr 6, 2024

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

The ears, like the vagina, aren't holes. Topologically, they're depressions
:goonsay:

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
I got permad from reddit since I kept pointing out being a tankie is just being a socially acceptable nazi.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Only Clive Barker could create more terrible monsters

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

haddedam posted:

I got permad from reddit since I kept pointing out being a tankie is just being a socially acceptable nazi.

And what did you do to get permad from SA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

haddedam posted:

reddit admins got pissed about you impugning nazis?