Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I want to get a physical edition of the rebirth soundtrack so bad but there's simply no way they could make one that would have all my favourite bits from the game on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I want to get a physical edition of the rebirth soundtrack so bad but there's simply no way they could make one that would have all my favourite bits from the game on it

According to the insert that came with the game it's on 7 CDs which is, uh, A Lot.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Does the ps5 play cds? I hope so I feel like cds are just a thing I keep in my car BC I feel less irresponsible changing cds than using a touch screen interface

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Does the ps5 play cds? I hope so I feel like cds are just a thing I keep in my car BC I feel less irresponsible changing cds than using a touch screen interface

Nope. The PS4 couldn't either lol

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
PS5 has no jams

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Violen posted:

for intermission they composed 8 separate genre pastiches for the happy turtle bar that exist exclusively to play near posters you spend 15 seconds picking up around the slums lol

lol awesome

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Empty Sandwich posted:

PS5 has no jams

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

My PS3 is rubbing its hands together right now

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

which next generation system can play my collection of 78s?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i always thought that the piccolo was the true instrument of the idle rich.

you will find it is the ocarina and, yes, Link is a chud.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

NoiseAnnoys posted:

Switch pro

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

cumpantry posted:

link is a landlord

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

NoiseAnnoys posted:

Tommy Tallarico's Intellivision Amico, coming any day now.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

NoiseAnnoys posted:

link is a landlord

link is a fairy boy

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

pentyne posted:

link is a fairy boy

link is canonically three olives???

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Famethrowa posted:

I love that he got so mad at the argument he slapped his arm on the table on top of the bread bag thing for that picture. the internet rules.

That was the second time someone dared that poster to paper bag test over stupid politics slap fights too.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Bicyclops posted:

Tommy Tallarico's Intellivision Amico, coming any day now.

Yikes, nazi devs

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
lol... the white hand

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

My PS3 is rubbing its hands together right now

My PS3 is the last thing I have that can rip CDs. When I rip a cd I do it on there and transfer the files with a flash drive.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

cumpantry posted:

kill the hylian palace guard in your head

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

That was the second time someone dared that poster to paper bag test over stupid politics slap fights too.

you can probably get a cheap cd/dvd/blueray drive with ripping+burning and SATA or PATA (for older drives) to usb cable for cheap.

A lot of people burn storage dvds for copies because they are pretty resilient to time if stored properly.

Ripping console games using drives requires more specialized hardware and/or software but it's not impossible.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
you can even mod console games if you want to go there. Kinda tangential crazy thing I just learned- there are even ways to mod nintendo cartridges now using just controller inputs to affect the RAM.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Cuttlefush posted:

lol... the white hand

What a legend.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

pog boyfriend posted:

kill the hylian palace guard in your head

Are those guys in lttp and other 2D zeldas like dark magic facsmiles or actual humans that link is killing?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Are those guys in lttp and other 2D zeldas like dark magic facsmiles or actual humans that link is killing?

in the nintendo power comic they are empty suits of armor in the game they were meant to be real because the manual calls them brainwashed

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nuns with Guns posted:

NGL if it gets to that point just ban both of the idiots.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

3 CDs of yuffie singing the chocobo song in both jp and english.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Cranappleberry posted:

you can even mod console games if you want to go there. Kinda tangential crazy thing I just learned- there are even ways to mod nintendo cartridges now using just controller inputs to affect the RAM.

you mean like the glitches in Ocarina of Time and the Mew trick in Gen1 Pokemon games, or something more in-depth? Sounds interesting

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Fluffdaddy posted:

3 CDs of yuffie singing the crazy chocobo song from FFXIII-2 in both jp and english.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

in the nintendo power comic they are empty suits of armor in the game they were meant to be real because the manual calls them brainwashed

Alright

People Link Has Unambiguously Killed
- LTTP guard guys
- Ganondorf
- Twinrova
- Sakon from MM if you shoot the bomb bag

People Link Has Ambiguously Killed
- Non-Nabooru Iron Knuckles (may or may not be people)
- The Yiga guys if you shoot Ancient Arrows at them. Where do they go??

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Fluffdaddy posted:

3 CDs of yuffie singing the chocobo song in both jp and english.

imagine the headache if you played them all at once, but each cd just 4 seconds out of sync with the others.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
yuffie in rebirth owns

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

yuffie in rebirth owns

Still thinking about her English voice actor being to good at vomit sounds so they asked her to take it down a notch

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Fluffdaddy posted:

Still thinking about her English voice actor being to good at vomit sounds so they asked her to take it down a notch

lol what

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fluffdaddy posted:

lol

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Link is a murderer. He killed Hylian guards. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Link. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about games and the bastards involved in it, you could always point out Link as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could point to as a true professional who honored the genre he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to bombing dodongos without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the rupees or because he was a failed protagonist in another game or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw saving Hyrule as a means to an end. He was in it for being a hero. He was dedicated to being the best hero he could be, and it showed in the Dark World.

I wanted to be a gamer since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in San Antonio when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to Texas to play games had been a mistake. Coming to grips that I was simply not athletically or charismatically talented enough to be a gamer was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Link in a lot of ways. He wasn't a man who was destined to be a hero. He couldn't talk. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was quiet. He was short. The only thing he had going for him was his work ethic. He wasn't a third generation protagonist. He wasn't physically gifted. He wasn't someone who had words come easy to him. But through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest adventurers in history. By 12 years old.

Link was only twelve, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the man who unnecessarily gave back so much to Nintendo could end his life the way he did. I can't understand how a man could spend weeks and months trying to give back to younger guys like Sheikah, putting forth the care and effort to help them find their voice in the game, and that that same man could kill guards only weeks later. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for Zelda, and not for their decendants.

Link owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Mondays and Fridays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Link is dead. And he died a murderer. And whether it be insanity, green potions, or just the actions of a clear-eyed monster, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guysat Nintendo and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is tainted and dripping with blood.

Link was a murderer. And I don't know how to accept that.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

wait til you hear about leon kennedy!

copy
Jul 26, 2007

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Alright

People Link Has Unambiguously Killed
- LTTP guard guys
- Ganondorf
- Twinrova
- Sakon from MM if you shoot the bomb bag

People Link Has Ambiguously Killed
- Non-Nabooru Iron Knuckles (may or may not be people)
- The Yiga guys if you shoot Ancient Arrows at them. Where do they go??

they go to ancient. it's in the name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

is that paradol ex's chris benoit post

because link would never be a canadian