Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

is that paradol ex's chris benoit post

because link would never be a canadian

It is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the chris benoit copypaste is legendary and also he was right

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you're saying chris benoit was right?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

is that paradol ex's chris benoit post

because link would never be a canadian

I dunno, he does say EEEEHH a lot

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

his last act was to kill a child murderer

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

yes

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
furthermore he's not dead and he will return this wrestlemania

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

https://kotaku.com/ff7-rebirth-yuffie-voice-actor-puking-vomit-fake-1851369414

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Marcade posted:

Link is a murderer. He killed Hylian guards. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Link. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about games and the bastards involved in it, you could always point out Link as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could point to as a true professional who honored the genre he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to bombing dodongos without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the rupees or because he was a failed protagonist in another game or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw saving Hyrule as a means to an end. He was in it for being a hero. He was dedicated to being the best hero he could be, and it showed in the Dark World.

I wanted to be a gamer since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in San Antonio when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to Texas to play games had been a mistake. Coming to grips that I was simply not athletically or charismatically talented enough to be a gamer was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Link in a lot of ways. He wasn't a man who was destined to be a hero. He couldn't talk. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was quiet. He was short. The only thing he had going for him was his work ethic. He wasn't a third generation protagonist. He wasn't physically gifted. He wasn't someone who had words come easy to him. But through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest adventurers in history. By 12 years old.

Link was only twelve, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the man who unnecessarily gave back so much to Nintendo could end his life the way he did. I can't understand how a man could spend weeks and months trying to give back to younger guys like Sheikah, putting forth the care and effort to help them find their voice in the game, and that that same man could kill guards only weeks later. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for Zelda, and not for their decendants.

Link owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Mondays and Fridays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Link is dead. And he died a murderer. And whether it be insanity, green potions, or just the actions of a clear-eyed monster, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guysat Nintendo and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is tainted and dripping with blood.

Link was a murderer. And I don't know how to accept that.
They look like dodongos to you?

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

furthermore he's not dead and he will return this wrestlemania

and then Eddie will frog splash him to Hell.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

very risky blowjob posted:

his last act was to kill a child murderer

powerful...

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Its wild how the circumstances around Benoit's death are weird enough that people have insane conspiracy theories about it, mostly based on the fact that it is extremely easy to believe Vince MacMahon would arrange a murder to cover up something.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Snow Cone Capone posted:

you mean like the glitches in Ocarina of Time and the Mew trick in Gen1 Pokemon games, or something more in-depth? Sounds interesting

So in this case there is an exploit in Super Mario World (and probably other cartridges) that allows the player to write to the 256-bit save space using just standard controller inputs. Using this, the game can be launched jailbroken and with a saved HEX editor which can alter the RAM of the cartridge if used. Mods can also be input and saved using this method.

I don't imagine it's easy or not time-consuming to do and a hardmod of a console is probably easier but can more easily mess up your console.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol the most No-Click Zone url in history

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAR-DurmA6o

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

pentyne posted:

Its wild how the circumstances around Benoit's death are weird enough that people have insane conspiracy theories about it, mostly based on the fact that it is extremely easy to believe Vince MacMahon would arrange a murder to cover up something.

my man, people have insane conspiracy theories about mundane poo poo like overpriced furniture.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Marcade posted:

Link is a murderer. He killed Hylian guards. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Link. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about games and the bastards involved in it, you could always point out Link as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could point to as a true professional who honored the genre he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to bombing dodongos without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the rupees or because he was a failed protagonist in another game or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw saving Hyrule as a means to an end. He was in it for being a hero. He was dedicated to being the best hero he could be, and it showed in the Dark World.

I wanted to be a gamer since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in San Antonio when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to Texas to play games had been a mistake. Coming to grips that I was simply not athletically or charismatically talented enough to be a gamer was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Link in a lot of ways. He wasn't a man who was destined to be a hero. He couldn't talk. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was quiet. He was short. The only thing he had going for him was his work ethic. He wasn't a third generation protagonist. He wasn't physically gifted. He wasn't someone who had words come easy to him. But through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest adventurers in history. By 12 years old.

Link was only twelve, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the man who unnecessarily gave back so much to Nintendo could end his life the way he did. I can't understand how a man could spend weeks and months trying to give back to younger guys like Sheikah, putting forth the care and effort to help them find their voice in the game, and that that same man could kill guards only weeks later. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for Zelda, and not for their decendants.

Link owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Mondays and Fridays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Link is dead. And he died a murderer. And whether it be insanity, green potions, or just the actions of a clear-eyed monster, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guysat Nintendo and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is tainted and dripping with blood.

Link was a murderer. And I don't know how to accept that.
link legend of zelda

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

pentyne posted:

believing in elaborate, implausible, hastily assembled narratives to exculpate someone they like from responsibility for their violence? wrestling fans?

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

copy posted:

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

NoiseAnnoys posted:

imagine the headache if you played them all at once, but each cd just 4 seconds out of sync with the others.

Pretty sure this is just a Flaming Lips record concept

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Crystal Lake Witch posted:

Pretty sure this is just a Flaming Lips record concept

very similar in that I am equally likely to listen to either of these ideas

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Alright

People Link Has Unambiguously Killed
- LTTP guard guys
- Ganondorf
- Twinrova
- Sakon from MM if you shoot the bomb bag

People Link Has Ambiguously Killed
- Non-Nabooru Iron Knuckles (may or may not be people)
- The Yiga guys if you shoot Ancient Arrows at them. Where do they go??

Iron Knuckles are lizards in some of the other games i think. also i thought the Yiga clan were some kind of gorilla/person hybrid and it's why they like bananas so much.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Bananas are the best fruit

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Orbs posted:

They look like dodongos to you?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

pentyne posted:

i've gone down the chris benoit rabbit hole and there are all sorts of insane conspriacy theories like how vince murdered him for some nebulous reason or that kevin sullivan did it i've even read theories that a biker gang killed benoit and made it look like an murder/suicide

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

copy posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
but wrestling is so insane that that the owner of Xtreme Pro Wrestling put a hit out on his top babyface for sleeping with his wife and the hitmen broke into his home and cut his thumbs off but before they could kill him he beat the poo poo out of them with wrestling moves so they fled the scene so sometimes truth is stranger than fiction

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
is that guy still endlessly getting chain probed for trying to own the wrestling thread by mentioning chris benoit

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

but wrestling is so insane that that the owner of Xtreme Pro Wrestling put a hit out on his top babyface for sleeping with his wife and the hitmen broke into his home and cut his thumbs off but before they could kill him he beat the poo poo out of them with wrestling moves so they fled the scene so sometimes truth is stranger than fiction

lol what

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Plant MONSTER. posted:

is that guy still endlessly getting chain probed for trying to own the wrestling thread by mentioning chris benoit

lol that was elephant ambush unless there's been multiple. Guy absolutely hated imp zone with a passion and brought it up constantly. then made a really tasteless joke about benoit killing his kid in EPA.

EPA being a subforum of imp zone meant the IZ IKs had power there too so he got destroyed

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

why imp zone? what about it drives people utterly crazy? seems pretty funny and decent to me.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

NoiseAnnoys posted:

why imp zone? what about it drives people utterly crazy? seems pretty funny and decent to me.

some people hate video games

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

https://prowrestlingstories.com/pro-wrestling-stories/the-messiah-william-welch/

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

NoiseAnnoys posted:

Posting about video games with joy in your heart is a completely foreign concept to an unfortunately large number of people, and so they instinctively react to it with rage and hate.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

it’s like hating dessert. idgi.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

lol that was elephant ambush unless there's been multiple. Guy absolutely hated imp zone with a passion and brought it up constantly. then made a really tasteless joke about benoit killing his kid in EPA.

EPA being a subforum of imp zone meant the IZ IKs had power there too so he got destroyed

He was annoyingly sanctimonious at every possible opportunity from what I remember so I was surprised when he pulled that one out. :/

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

NoiseAnnoys posted:

the imps emit a brain-effecting gas that certain goons are vulnerable to

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

wait wait wait THAT’S what happened with Messiah? I didn’t know it was a hit, I thought he just got randomly attacked

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Rags to Liches posted:

wait wait wait THAT’S what happened with Messiah? I didn’t know it was a hit, I thought he just got randomly attacked

it was a hit, jack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
doing a german suplex without thumbs is an extremely high power level