Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
I was thinking about the California minimum wage thing, and how weird it is that they're targeting fast food specifically since it seems to me like the usual "hurts small businesses" bullshit excuse actually flies here. Plenty of people just breaking into the owning class by having saved up from a previous high-paying job and taking a swing at being a franchisee, while also not really doing anything to hurt the people at the very top because at that level of operation this hike just means they make money slightly less rapidly.

Then I realized they want to keep the owning class as exclusive and old money as possible and it all made sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: It Was Always About Kate

The sheer gall of Ted Rall posted:

The media is inexplicably obsessed with whatever is going on or not going on with Kate Middleton and whatever kind of cancer she has. Meanwhile, the oceans are burning, the ice caps are melting and we are sleepwalking toward fascism.

First Dog on the Moon: A fire ant and a feral horse walk into a bar

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Oh great I can't wait for another round of "moon labeled THING moves in front of sun labeled OTHER THING"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Discendo Vox posted:

Anniversary of a tornado that killed a bunch of people locally, for those wondering.

Oh, I misread it for a moment and got worried that something has happened to Lucy Lawless :sweatdrop:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

Chip Bok

Chris Britt

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Suzuran
Sep 14, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Anniversary of a tornado that killed a bunch of people locally, for those wondering.

Not only that, but was one of the first widespread tornado outbreaks mapped with modern radar and documented, resulting in the creation of the systems and models used to predict and track tornadoes today. Probably one of the most studied storm complexes in history. The modern watch/warning system would not be possible without the data from Xenia, and the Fujita scale would never have come into use as it relied on the data from Xenia to disprove the flawed models and theories we used before.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature

Stick to 2D bird mutants, SKelley.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Johannes Leak is the one brought in to replace his dead dad, John Spooner is nearly eighty like the average reader of The Australian.

ah, yes, thank you. I often get the two (three) mixed up

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Holy poo poo this Bible thing. He's not just changing money in the temple. He's doing it because Casear has decreed he's been too immorally greedy of a rich person for the standards of the country with the greatest wealth and disparity of it in human history, and now he's forced to render unto against his will. While also adding poo poo to the Bible in a clear effort to make it look like those documents carry equal weight.

Basically if I brainstorm what I can think of for the most blasphemous poo poo a person can legally do is, eventually one of those will naturally end up at whatever Trump's actually doing
Everything the donkey is saying is accurate.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

The Islamic Shock posted:

Everything the donkey is saying is accurate.
50% of conservative political cartooning is just saying things that are true in a dumb guy voice

"duuuuuh trump is a convicted rapist who says racist things duuuuh" take THAT libs!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Microplastics posted:

Oh great I can't wait for another round of "moon labeled THING moves in front of sun labeled OTHER THING"
I’ll put $100 on Ramirez doing one with DEBT right now.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Is anyone seeing this in any other way then "the viewer is inside an outhouse"?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Korthal posted:

Is anyone seeing this in any other way then "the viewer is inside an outhouse"?

Cthulhu rolling over in its vast sleep of eons?

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Skios posted:

Chip Bok

... the gently caress?

I guess this could be read as a weird denunciation of the horrible pagan Easter Bunny, but him saying "pervert" makes it seem like an anti-furry joke of all things. Has the whole "litterboxes in schools" bullshit made the public that much more aware of that subculture, or am I reading too much into this?

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Pretty lovely to just straight up do an awful trace of Bilquis Evely's work without even an "apologies to".

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Tomorrow: Wright posts a cartoon throwing stones at trans persons, racial minorities, and immigrants. He detects no irony.

Jesus Christ. Jesus, how do you even begin to rationalize Joe Lieberman of all people as the Only Good Opinion Haver? How do you live on this earth and say “what we need are fewer societal changes and more fusty decorum exercises”?

Kellies nomination: Overall Worst

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

... the gently caress?

I guess this could be read as a weird denunciation of the horrible pagan Easter Bunny, but him saying "pervert" makes it seem like an anti-furry joke of all things. Has the whole "litterboxes in schools" bullshit made the public that much more aware of that subculture, or am I reading too much into this?
I assume it's more Transgender Day of Visibility confabulated outrage. The bunnies are trans because they are wearing gendered people clothes :supaburn:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: It Was Always About Kate

This is very petty, but to 100% clear, it should be der Führer, masculine not neuter gender.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

idonotlikepeas posted:

Dick Wright

I guess... nobody better criticize anyone for anything ever, then? That's really the best defense of this you can come up with?

He then says, "Go and sin no more." John 8:7 is an appeal for mercy, because no one (save Jesus) is perfect and without sin. It's kinda really loving important to the point being made that the sinner then acknowledges the sin and does better going forward. It is not giving permission sin as much as you want. Trumps entire persona is built on never acknowledging error or wrong-doing but continuously doubling down no matter the situation.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

I dont know posted:

He then says, "Go and sin no more." John 8:7 is an appeal for mercy, because no one (save Jesus) is perfect and without sin. It's kinda really loving important to the point being made that the sinner then acknowledges the sin and does better going forward. It is not giving permission sin as much as you want. Trumps entire persona is built on never acknowledging error or wrong-doing but continuously doubling down no matter the situation.
If someone who knows Trump really well told us that he makes all of his decisions based on whatever the exact opposite of what he thinks Jesus would do in the moment is, it'd be plausible

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 3, 2024

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Did anyone else see this and think because of the blood splatter on a white void that Death was on the ground, dead themself?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

skeleton warrior posted:

Jesus Christ. Jesus, how do you even begin to rationalize Joe Lieberman of all people as the Only Good Opinion Haver? How do you live on this earth and say “what we need are fewer societal changes and more fusty decorum exercises”?

Kellies nomination: Overall Worst

Big Serious Political Commentators love to poetically wax politicians who go against party grain, even it means loving over Americans in creating lovely policy. This was also seen with McCain and his appearance of being a maverick (despite being one of the most reliable Republican votes in the senate).

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Benjamin Netanyahu, on top of the world – The Israeli prime minister is facing intensifying calls for his country to respect international law as the humanitarian crisis deepens in Gaza"

Telegraph:

Team GB vows to stick with traditional Union flag on 2024 Olympic kit after merchandise backlash

Bonus?! Blower's Twitter:

Germans celebrate new cannabis laws as jails race to free offenders

Times:

What is Scotland’s hate crime law? The 2024 bill explained

Evening Standard:

UK demands ‘transparent explanation’ after deaths of British aid workers in Gaza

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

the sign is a clear reference to transphobic campaign slogan "women won't wheesht", so as I am sure you all have already guessed this cartoon is a reference to the horrible possibility that people might not be able to be bigots (they are perfectly able, the police haven't arrested anyone)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

1 posted:

Pretty lovely to just straight up do an awful trace of Bilquis Evely's work without even an "apologies to".

I think it's even shittier to present Clark as a macrocephalic.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I wanted to mock Rowson for referencing something so old but he's one of the classical art imitators, so fair cop.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Anthony Albanese tells Israeli prime minister Australians outraged over Zomi Frankcom's death (ABC).

Broelman:

Dyson:

Knight:

Sam Mostyn announced as next governor general of Australia (Guardian).

Spooner:

Sam Mostyn deleted all her social media before she was announced as GG so the conservative crowd are digging up archives where she supported the Yes vote in the Voice, indigenous activism and referred to Invasion Day and "change the date" (with respect to Jan 26, Australia Day), how can a woke leftie warrior be representative of Australia etcetera etcetera.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Angepain posted:

"women won't wheesht"

Do I even want to know?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Neito posted:

Do I even want to know?

Slang for hush. It's another round of "I am being silenced!"

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Ann Telnaes

Bill Bramhall

Christopher Weyant

Clay Bennett

You see, TRUTH is hooked up to a LIE detector and... yeah. Yeah.

Dave Whamond

David Horsey

David Horsey posted:

IN THE NEWS: A new survey of Washington adults shows that Democrats are far more upbeat about living in Washington than are Republicans. While 69% of Democrats think the state is headed in the right direction, a mere 17% of Republicans feel that way.

Yeah, that's the whole thing. Not all of his comments are giant rants.

David M. Hitch

Literally just a list of things Biden very specifically hasn't done.

Dick Wright

Ed Gamble

Stephen Colbert was at this thing, too. Apparently it was a good time.

Jack Ohman

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

Lee Judge

Lisa Benson

Mike Smith

Rivers

Microplastics posted:

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Walt Handelsman

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Xiahou Dun posted:

This is very petty, but to 100% clear, it should be der Führer, masculine not neuter gender.

It's never petty to point out Todd Rolo's unforced errors.

Speaking of, Kellies Nomination: Unforced Error.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Keep on Judgin'...

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

The visual was too good for me to forget

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I went to a presentation about this tornado a few years ago at the local rec center. It sticks in my memory because the presenter said "I'm sure we all remember where we were when the tornado happened."

I'm pretty sure I was the only one there who hadn't been born yet.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

This is drifting into Asay territory where the cartoon just lists a bunch of wholesome things and trusts the reader to understand that they are bad, actually.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

wizzardstaff posted:

This is drifting into Asay territory where the cartoon just lists a bunch of wholesome things and trusts the reader to understand that they are bad, actually.

Yeah, like imagine trying to explain how any of that is bad to someone whose brain isn't mush

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Tom the Dancing Bug by Ruben Bolling

:doink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

MechaCrash posted:

I went to a presentation about this tornado a few years ago at the local rec center. It sticks in my memory because the presenter said "I'm sure we all remember where we were when the tornado happened."

I'm pretty sure I was the only one there who hadn't been born yet.

Wouldn't that be easy to remember?

"Oh yeah, I was an itch in my father's nuts."