Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BrotherJayne posted:

The hobby poo poo is what really gets me.

No joke bought a goddamn 200 dollar lego knockoff uboat cuz that poo poo just lets me turn my brain off for like 8 hours.

Things goddamn huge

knockoff Legos ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

limp dick calvin posted:

doesn’t the liver regenerate? just get half of yours cut out every year bing bong so simple

yes to some extent, you can regenerate a lobe

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Xaris posted:

::P:::U:::s:::s:::Y::::I:::N:::::B:::I:::O

*has recent RegDate with heavily edited webscrapped images*

*has 20 followers all with similar RegDates except one older abandoned account that was obviously hacked years ago*

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Spotify announced they are raising monthly prices by $2. This is after a $2 increase last year.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's not even a payout, it's a tax credit. It'd do nothing for people who don't owe at least $10,000 in taxes.

lol

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's not even a payout, it's a tax credit. It'd do nothing for people who don't owe at least $10,000 in taxes.

it'd be "refundable" meaning you'd get it back even if you didn't owe taxes but like every other hellworld means-tested program there'd be all sorts of caveats & hoops to jump thru.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Me, a premium consumer, looking at organs, swiping left, swiping left, swiping, swiping, wait! Look at that kidney! I'll buy that for a dollar!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

err posted:

Spotify announced they are raising monthly prices by $2. This is after a $2 increase last year.

drat, nickle and diming is now dollaring and two dollaring

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

err posted:

Don't use Spotify.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Iger was able to find off the Disney hostile takeover attempt.
https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1775575151305773217?t=UevL8UDOlUq5VNpMtQohwQ&s=19

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

AARD VARKMAN posted:

knockoff Legos ???

Apparently "Legos" on AliExpress are so good now the blocks are interchangeable but the prices are a fraction of what Lego charges, I'm talking like a $200 name brand Lego set knockoff that is more or less identical for like $50

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

it'd be "refundable" meaning you'd get it back even if you didn't owe taxes but like every other hellworld means-tested program there'd be all sorts of caveats & hoops to jump thru.

... then why even link it to your taxes? Other than making it as dumb bullshit as possible, that is.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

... then why even link it to your taxes? Other than making it as dumb bullshit as possible, that is.

You answered your own question, sport

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

BrotherJayne posted:

The hobby poo poo is what really gets me.

No joke bought a goddamn 200 dollar lego knockoff uboat cuz that poo poo just lets me turn my brain off for like 8 hours.

Things goddamn huge

My problem is spending the money and not actually performing the act. Now that I'm recognizing that, I'm trying to create systems to force me to complete a project before starting a new one.

Also eating much simpler foods. A fried egg on rice is a new favorite of mine *looks at egg situation*.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the idea of just mailing people checks, even in exchange for a loving internal organ, is completely foreign to them

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You should get a bonus if you sell two kidneys

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Spotify has the only good algorithm ever invented so I’ll keep paying for that garbage

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

selec posted:

Spotify has the only good algorithm ever invented so I’ll keep paying for that garbage

I'll never pay them (I will instead pay rock-bottom prices to Ukrainian scammers in exchange for DRM-free mp3 files as God intended) but I am kind of jealous of their recommendation algorithm and wish there was something similar I could feed my mp3 library to

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

loquacius posted:

I'll never pay them (I will instead pay rock-bottom prices to Ukrainian scammers in exchange for DRM-free mp3 files as God intended) but I am kind of jealous of their recommendation algorithm and wish there was something similar I could feed my mp3 library to

I miss audiogalaxy

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Maybe you should try to Spotify the, freaking economy.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

loquacius posted:

the idea of just mailing people checks, even in exchange for a loving internal organ, is completely foreign to them

“Disciplining labor is worth any price”
- I forget who but ITT in the last day

selec posted:

I want it to populate playlists with different stuff but it just regurgitates my liked songs back at me most of the time. We’ve established I like those songs, if I wanted to hear them I would use that playlist, put something else on.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Mr Hootington posted:

*doing a shawn from psyche bit*
I see a paper being published. It shows the financial benefit of harvesting organs from people who use MAiD.

in retrospect the name MAiD probably should have been a hint that the program’s purpose was going to be clearing out the undesirables

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

was the hostile takeover people wanting to get rid of the woke, or was it just pissy businessmen

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

loquacius posted:

they're sick of you too! (they're sick of there being so many applicants) (this is the applicants' fault)

of course a recruiter posting got tons of applicants, it's a job with no requirements, no demands, no hard skills, and you can work from a chair. basically not a job

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Nonsense posted:

was the hostile takeover people wanting to get rid of the woke, or was it just pissy businessmen

Peltz had a couple of decent points (especially with consolidating Disney's nutso array of streaming operations), but it was mainly people who think Disney's problems came from audiences being turned off by moments of wokeness and not, say, how much money they burned on getting Disney+ off the ground and then stuffing way more Star Wars and Marvel content than the market wanted to consume down consumers' throats.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Nonsense posted:

Both.

It’s kind of amazing that conservative oligarchs are just openly using their wealth to further political and hate based goals now.

But you know, gotta be worried about Russian oligarchs and not American ones

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

https://twitter.com/JustinWolfers/status/1775123009134821611

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

seems like a serious analysis

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Well it's refundable which means you get the money even if your tax bill is zero (although it can be used to pay prior taxes and also seized by the state for child support).

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Nonsense posted:

Both.

As bad as Disney is, Iger winning is good.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

RealityWarCriminal posted:

of course a recruiter posting got tons of applicants, it's a job with no requirements, no demands, no hard skills, and you can work from a chair. basically not a job

recruiting is a terrible job, its basically sales except the pay is worse, but its always the first thing on the chopping block in a downturn so anyone dumb enough to get into it is desperate for work.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Eric Cantonese posted:

Peltz had a couple of decent points (especially with consolidating Disney's nutso array of streaming operations), but it was mainly people who think Disney's problems came from audiences being turned off by moments of wokeness and not, say, how much money they burned on getting Disney+ off the ground and then stuffing way more Star Wars and Marvel content than the market wanted to consume down consumers' throats.

obligatory:

that last image makes me think of this and i loll

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shvartsman

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1775587796667003305

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Both.

As bad as Disney is, Iger winning is good.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/trian-peltz-disney-whitepaper-released-1235842501/

quote:

Disney’s other activist, Jason Aintabi’s Blackwells, has offered suggestions of its own, including spinning out Disney’s real estate holdings into a Real Estate Investment Trust (a REIT), and using AI to create characters and expand the company’s parks business.

Why does so much our wealthy class not get what makes popular art successful?

Generally, we seem to have a ton of wealthy people who want to take the fun stuff (like art and music) away from humans while leaving humans with the joyless, unrewarding drudge work. Wasn't it supposed to be the other way around?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Eric Cantonese posted:

Generally, we seem to have a ton of wealthy people who want to take the fun stuff (like art and music) away from humans while leaving humans with the joyless, unrewarding drudge work. Wasn't it supposed to be the other way around?

emphatically, no.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Nonsense posted:

I mean, the only reason it got this far is pissy businessmen mad about Disney under-delivering the last few years, but here's the word straight from Nelson Peltz's mouth in a recent interview:

quote:

“People go to watch a movie or a show to be entertained…They don’t go to get a message. Why do I have to have a Marvel that’s all women? Not that I have anything against women, but why do I have to do that?”

so yeah

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

loquacius posted:

they're sick of you too! (they're sick of there being so many applicants) (this is the applicants' fault)

Also job seekers are trying to get past their impenetrable AI defenses and they're mad about that too

No it couldn't be that a ton of people got laid off or need to get out of the gig work treadmill and are trying to find stability somewhere.

What an out of touch moron.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I mean, the only reason it got this far is pissy businessmen mad about Disney under-delivering the last few years, but here's the word straight from Nelson Peltz's mouth in a recent interview:

so yeah

I mean

he is right that they keep making extremely lovely superhero movies and trying to convince everyone they're historic representation milestones to try to trick people into seeing them, and that it doesn't work

I don't know anything about this Nelson Muntz character though so it's entirely possible he's just trying to remove all minorities from movies

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

credit card companies sell the info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1775527927335014601