Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

anakha posted:

Motherfucking Jokic gets blocked by Wemby 6 times and still ends up 18 for 32.

E: 6 blocked Wemby shots and went 1-6 from three. Basically his 2-pointers were going in if they weren't blocked. Jesus.

Two assists and a block away from a quad double

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Watching the Kings play legit defense tonight was really fun. Does that mean there is no place for me in the modern NBA?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Lifespan posted:

Watching the Kings play legit defense tonight was really fun. Does that mean there is no place for me in the modern NBA?

how good is your 3 point shot?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

fart simpson posted:

how good is your 3 point shot?

bad man...

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

GoutPatrol posted:

Seeing Wemby actually play makes those numbers look even more ridiculous. Dude is gonna be a problem for opposing teams for a generation

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPHilll/status/1775363923623240147

lol Stephen A on CNN

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

This is a pretty good argument that will make a lot of libs very mad

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007
There are a million other threads on this forum to discuss politics during this god-forsaken election year, can we keep it out of the NBA thread please?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Someone please redo that segment as if it were on ESPN

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

RandomHodge posted:

There are a million other threads on this forum to discuss politics during this god-forsaken election year, can we keep it out of the NBA thread please?
Not only is Stephen A. is one of the most prolific NBA reporters out there, but his work ethic is legendary.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RandomHodge posted:

I thought it was a pretty cool clip to see SAS calmly discussing a thing

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Stephen A was on Valuetainment the other day for about 2 hours. Guess he is finally doing the "I'm getting into politics this time for real"

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
went down to the arena last night for Embiid's return.

he looks in shape, but not in basketball shape. clearly fatigued at the end of each of his minute chunks.

the team also looked very chaotic in not a good way. which again makes perfect sense, no maxey to run the offense and reintegrating a focal point after 29 games off. for his part, Jo looked like the old Jo at times with how slow he was to react to the doubles. the optimist in me says it's rust.

all in all, if we get Maxey back, i'm very optimistic of the Sixers chances for making the conference finals provided they either get out of the play in or snag the 7th seed. staying out of the celtics side of the bracket will be key.

in other news wemby/jokic was great and i love ball

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nodoze posted:

Stephen A was on Valuetainment the other day for about 2 hours. Guess he is finally doing the "I'm getting into politics this time for real"

A supernova of the dumbest guys on the planet.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bornbytheriver I have a request for our resident gifmaster: Anthony Edwards with 1 minute remaining in the 4th quarter last night vs Houston

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1775535231472107857

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1775535231472107857

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol get her rear end stephen a

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

crazy how Woj predicted this six years ago

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

IcePhoenix posted:

crazy how Woj predicted this six years ago

Wojbombs may be on a delayed fuse but they always explode.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

he's right

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

STEPHEN A: Skip I want to ADDRESS this issue.
[BAYLESS nods]
You KNOW I am sensitive to the events that happened on October 7th
BAYLESS: Absolutely
STEPHEN A: BUT!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Nodoze posted:

Valuetainment with the thumbnails where the host guy looks like john tuturro playing the role of an insane man on the brink of mayhem

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

tristeham posted:

he's right

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1775575719592001980

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Worth reading: https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2883055/

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Felt inevitable, Clifford was a mensch for stepping in after the Kenny Atkinson catastrophe and he's a good guy to have around. Glad they're rewarding him with a payout. He and Jeff Peterson also seem to have a good working relationship as well so it'll be good to have a relatively egoless NBA lifer help with the coaching search

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
1998 raptors going to the hall of fame

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1775550101726838815

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

He's right but imagine having such a frail ego that Hillary bullied you out of voting

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Billups low-key was just as influential as Steve Nash for modern guard play.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Good to see Lavar is still doing well

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

The Kings, Suns, Lakers and Warriors all have better records and worse seeding than last year.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

toggle posted:

I learned how to shoot proper form jump shots from watching (over and over) the VHS of the unstop-a-bulls championship season.

I learned to dunk from watching Michael Jordan's Playground over and over.

temple posted:

I like to throw cold water on the C's every now and then because people talk like this is a dynasty or generational. I personally like them but they are held back by coaching and haven't found that "thing" yet that makes the team work.

Some of the decent Celtics teams in recent years were very young to be winning a title. This year their weighted age is right over 28 and that's the ideal mean, median and mode for title aspirations.

For all the Lillard hype he really has not delivered this regular season.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

snyprmag posted:

The Kings, Suns, Lakers and Warriors all have better records and worse seeding than last year.

I blame age for the latter three. I blame Fox for the Kings.

GoutPatrol posted:

He's a super good pick for a future QD. He's not old enough to drink a Zima a Heineken or even a Pabst Blue Ribbon in :911:. And he's also had a few games with 5-6 steals. Perhaps the greatest quintuple double threat.

I haven't seen a mouth open that wide on an NBA court since the days of Carlos Boozer.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

There is no chance he didn't have his kids wearing backpacks full of rocks and ankle weights doing sprints up the Chino Hills

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Zogo posted:

I learned to dunk from watching Michael Jordan's Playground over and over.

Some of the decent Celtics teams in recent years were very young to be winning a title. This year their weighted age is right over 28 and that's the ideal mean, median and mode for title aspirations.

For all the Lillard hype he really has not delivered this regular season.

Bucks are a way better offensive team this year, though they've dipped a bit since the all-star break. A lot of that is Dame even if he's been up and down.

Their defense has been bad (but decent since the break), and Dame being really far away from Jrue is part of that.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Giannis Antetokounmpo is the best scorer this year but he's bad from the FT line and 3P line. Just shooting a ton of 2P shots at 65%. The last player to lead the league in NP while shooting under 30% from the 3P line was Dwight Howard in 2011. The two others to do that this century:

-Amar'e Stoudemire
-Shaquille O'Neal

Salvor_Hardin posted:

He needs to be banned, not even kidding. Grant not even flinching on the groin kick is going to go up there with the unfazed kobe inbounds fake though.

In days of yore it's a guarantee that some player would've KO'd him on live TV by now.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Same thing happened in baseball where nowadays pretty much all hits are from the same small area around home plate

I really hope basketball doesn't get ruined like baseball has

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dws20iI9EpQ

Bismack Billabongo posted:

It sucks to make the old man “but FUNDAMENTALS!!” argument but baseball was better and more fun to watch when teams still played small ball instead of obsessing over launch angle and dingers or whiffs weren’t the only two outcomes.

Imagine if the home run was banned.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So is there a reason why Hachimura didn't start when he was healthy again, cause every other podcast are like ptsd vets going "We should've started him, we should've started him...."

Didn't they make the west finals with that line up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
e: nvm, i'm dumb

Kibner fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 3, 2024