Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

VoicesCanBe posted:

While this is true to an extent they also have zero issue wielding power against the left when the chips are down.

and one of the reasons they hate the left so intensely and so personally is because they’re angry at having to do that, at having to break decorum, to take the mask off. this could all proceed so quietly and calmly if everyone would just sit the gently caress down and shut the gently caress up.

‘look what you made me do!’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

lol the timing of this poo poo

https://x.com/wsj/status/1775599711543525389?s=46&t=I-gsjpvNkUNcOBofs8OOkQ

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

They're just ... lmao what can you even say? It's not just evil, (and soy! That loving twee name), it's so distinctly Israeli. It's got everything! Tech! AI! Airstrikes!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Adenoid Dan posted:

I am too angry to read fully through the thread to see if this has been posted

https://www.972mag.com/lavender-ai-israeli-army-gaza/

Israel has a system called "where's daddy" that identifies when the target is home, to kill them with their families, because it's easier and they are authorized to kill "up to" 20 people to get one target, of any rank or importance. Altough they don't have a way of checking how many are in the building, so they don't.

quote:

“I would invest 20 seconds for each target at this stage, and do dozens of them every day. I had zero added value as a human, apart from being a stamp of approval. It saved a lot of time. If [the operative] came up in the automated mechanism, and I checked that he was a man, there would be permission to bomb him, subject to an examination of collateral damage.”

DTI, DTA

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

If people ITT have not read Norm's book, I highly recommend it, because I don't think anyone has understood Obama as well as he does. He really tears into how vacuous poo poo like this was, even at the time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhd-yvMjImU

I dunno Adolph Reed wrote this back in 1996 about Obama (even if he doesn't name him):

quote:

In Chicago, for instance, we’ve gotten a foretaste of the new breed of foundation-hatched black communitarian voices; one of them, a smooth Harvard lawyer with impeccable do-good credentials and vacuous-to-repressive neoliberal politics, has won a state senate seat on a base mainly in the liberal foundation and development worlds. His fundamentally bootstrap line was softened by a patina of the rhetoric of authentic community, talk about meeting in kitchens, small-scale solutions to social problems, and the predictable elevation of process over program — the point where identity politics converges with old-fashioned middle-class reform in favoring form over substance. I suspect that his ilk is the wave of the future in U.S. black politics, as in Haiti and wherever else the International Monetary Fund has sway. So far the black activist response hasn’t been up to the challenge. We have to do better.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

wes anderson rear end loving military, loving embarrassing

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Clip-On Fedora posted:

lol this is literally what presidents believed and how they governed during the Gilded Age. Just sit back, do nothing and let “The Invisible Hand of the Market” run the country. Thanks for bringing that back Obama!

“Economic depression cannot be cured by legislative action or executive pronouncement. Economic wounds must be healed by the action of the cells of the economic body - the producers and consumers themselves.”

- Herbert hoover

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

They're just ... lmao what can you even say? It's not just evil, (and soy! That loving twee name), it's so distinctly Israeli. It's got everything! Tech! AI! Airstrikes!

The children can't be radicalized by the killing of their fathers if the children are also killed. It's an intergenerational scheme to destroy Hamas as ideology, by simply killing the children as well.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
more rockets coming out of gaza towards israeli settlements, just unbelievable tenacity and heroism from the resistance

==============================

Sirens sound in the settlements surrounding the Gaza Strip

Al Jazeera's correspondent reported that sirens were sounding in the settlements of Niram, Efim, and Shadmot around the Gaza Strip.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...7%D8%B4%D8%B1-2

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I can’t see things getting better for thee politicians.

https://x.com/ecomarxi/status/1775557918517084237?s=46

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hamelekim posted:

I can’t see things getting better for thee politicians.

https://x.com/ecomarxi/status/1775557918517084237?s=46

Nah Israelis arent gonna do anything serious they're behind the government in every way that matters.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Israeli's just want the hostages back. Once that happens, the IDF can kill as many Palestinians as it wants, not a single Israeli will care.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Lpzie posted:

Netanyahu is Hitler 2

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Aljazeera breaking news that Sderot is getting rocketed right now from northern Gaza :black101:

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Godlessdonut posted:

Biden, cut the aid

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
Lol

https://twitter.com/business/status/1775552049372873059

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

If people ITT have not read Norm's book, I highly recommend it, because I don't think anyone has understood Obama as well as he does. He really tears into how vacuous poo poo like this was, even at the time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhd-yvMjImU

Here's Adolphus Reed in 1996 in the Village Voice

quote:

In Chicago, for instance, we’ve gotten a foretaste of the new breed of foundation-hatched black communitarian voices; one of them, a smooth Harvard lawyer with impeccable do-good credentials and vacuous-to-repressive neoliberal politics, has won a state senate seat on a base mainly in the liberal foundation and development worlds. His fundamentally bootstrap line was softened by a patina of the rhetoric of authentic community, talk about meeting in kitchens, small-scale solutions to social problems, and the predictable elevation of process over program — the point where identity politics converges with old-fashioned middle-class reform in favoring form over substance. I suspect that his ilk is the wave of the future in U.S. black politics, as in Haiti and wherever else the International Monetary Fund has sway. So far the black activist response hasn’t been up to the challenge. We have to do better.

E; fb

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

ansarallah laughed at this to begin with

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

theres literally only one thing that will stop them and its very simple

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Israeli's just want the hostages back. Once that happens, the IDF can kill as many Palestinians as it wants, not a single Israeli will care.

Yep!

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Which was the whole point of taking them, and why Israel invoked the Hannibal Doctrine and started killing them. You would think this would be obvious to liberals but alas.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

angerbot posted:

The children can't be radicalized by the killing of their fathers if the children are also killed. It's an intergenerational scheme to destroy Hamas as ideology, by simply killing the children as well.

This is exactly what I was trying to put into words a little while ago, but I got too loving angry to be coherent.

Also, Israel is streamlining the process of dehumanising Palestinians so efficiently. It's not enough to raise Israelis in a constant cloud of hatred and fear of Palestinians so they they will happily kill them, now they can blame the AI for killing them - " I didn't target them, the AI did!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Zodium posted:

absolutely. queued you up a two week probe.

lmao

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
a monumental piece of poo poo, hope he strokes out on stage and dies with a whiff of a scream in his throat

https://twitter.com/prem_thakker/status/1775623110953185669

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
what is the current Hostages In Gaza situation anyway

at the pace that Israel is obliterating things they're probably dwindling in number thanks to famine and bombs just like the palestinians are

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

losin my gdamnd mind over the wsj and nytimes apparently not even bothering to acknowledge that israel blew up a fuckin embassy yesterday

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Obama saw his job as making speeches, reacting to things, rather than actually loving doing anything.

Wars started by the Obama administration:
Syria
Libya
Ukraine
Yemen

DynamicSloth posted:

Bear in mind the port was not a new idea when it was announced at the SOTU, Bibi suggested the idea to Biden on October 22 (source: https://www.jpost.com/international/article-791239). The port is a long term Israel objective, it'll be one of the things they point to to show what they accomplished when it's over.

So per this article, this port is the long time brain child of Israel Katz, Likud minister of foreign affairs. He is also the originator of Biden's plan for a rail link from the UAE to Israel.

quote:

https://www.jta.org/2017/04/13/israel/a-futuristic-israeli-peace-plan-minus-the-peace

Katz unveiled plans for the railway to journalists last week at the Transportation Ministry in Jerusalem. The initiative would link to Israel’s growing network of tracks eastward to the border with Jordan, which already has railway links to Saudi Arabia. The West Bank would also be included via train tracks through the northern Palestinian city of Jenin, he said.

I said come in! posted:

We are getting a very horrifying look at what modern weapons are capable of doing. World War II military might is cave man levels in comparison.

New game, Dresden or Gaza?

The AI doesn't really change anything, it's just some implausible deniability of war crimes

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Fuligin posted:

losin my gdamnd mind over the wsj and nytimes apparently not even bothering to acknowledge that israel blew up a fuckin embassy yesterday

Don't worry if/when Iran/Syria/Hezbollah do something about it, they will report cover to cover on the unprovoked attack that requires America to actively intervene in defence of Israel, attacked out of nowhere by aggressive authoritarian states.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...-supporting-ag/

quote:

Some 50 right-wing activists have assembled near Attorney General Gali Baharav-Miara’s north Tel Aviv home for their first police-approved protest there since the war broke out.

It was unclear if Baharav-Miara was at home at the time.

Neighbors upset by the noise say this is the second such protest since October 7, with the first taking place yesterday, “by surprise.” A police officer confirmed that a request to hold last night’s protest was not approved.

The neighbors said that earlier demonstrations against Baharav-Miara’s opposition to the government’s planned judicial overhaul had taken place about 100 yards farther away from her home.

Prominent radical Likud activist Rami Ben-Yehuda is on site live-streaming the event on X, telling viewers online that she “supports Hamas.”

Ben-Yehuda goes full-on conspiratorial, accusing Baharav-Miata of protecting a 150-strong ring of pedophiles embedded in her office. Though it is unclear what he was referring to, Ben-Yehuda’s pronouncement echoes the US rightwing QAnon conspiracy theory.

Neighbors and protesters shout insults at each other. Ben-Yehuda tells an uninvolved passerby to “return to his dog and cat and to go f**k himself,” invoking a stereotype about Tel Avivians who often own pets.
???

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ultra-orthodox groups in Israel often don't own pets and think it's gross that people would live with a dog or cat. I don't think it's prohibited, they just think you're soft and gross.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Pal_action/status/1775070451057709440
https://twitter.com/Pal_action/status/1775104598337839444
https://twitter.com/Pal_action/status/1775439374148149494

WIth the roof out of action, they have to move the entire facility to a new location.

Absolute heroes, and I hope they inspire others to do the same.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Fuligin posted:

Unironically, running cover for this poo poo as a member of the media should make you subject to international law.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Fuligin posted:

Don’t read the Jerusalem post then. They had an article laughing at the Iranians, calling them a bunch of stupid cowards who weren’t gonna do poo poo except launch a few more rockets at them because they are afraid of reprisal from Israel and America. They said that even if they did do something, they had thousands of elite ninja warriors hidden in the country that would immediately activate and destroy them within. Unfortunately I’m only sure the second part is stupid bullshit.

EDIT: link below

https://m.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/iranian-commentator-fiery-rhetoric-will-be-irans-only-response-to-irgc-assasination-795223

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 22:38 on Apr 3, 2024

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Don’t read the Jerusalem post then. They had an article laughing at the Iranians, calling them a bunch of stupid cowards who weren’t gonna do poo poo except launch a few more rockets at them because they are afraid of reprisal from Israel and America. They said that even if they did do something, they had thousands of elite ninja warriors hidden in the country that would immediately activate and destroy them within. Unfortunately I’m only sure the second part is stupid bullshit.

EDIT: link below

https://m.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/iranian-commentator-fiery-rhetoric-will-be-irans-only-response-to-irgc-assasination-795223

Iran deserves to made fun of for their limp dick responses up until now.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Yes, they do. It’s still infuriating though.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i mean theres a reason the us has like 3 fleets nearish to israel and iran, it sucks they havent pushed more but i expect something of an escalation

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Not sure what they can do. Elections were a wash historically low turnout for them, general internal discontent, and again their economy is not great (if you think inflation is bad here). If missiles do fly you can guarantee that the genociders will start to use nukes on them. So they know whatever direct action they take against Israel maybe the end for their government. However, if the writing is on the wall might as well take the first swing. However, war maybe the one thing that will unite them.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

wife took apart a chair today that had been brought in because it was uncomfortable to sit on. right under the top layer of batting there's a fuckin' pair of wire snippers lol. had been sitting in the padding of that chair for at least a decade. a decade or more of people consciously or unconsciously avoiding the uncomfy chair. and she gets a free tool out of it.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

selec posted:

wife took apart a chair today that had been brought in because it was uncomfortable to sit on. right under the top layer of batting there's a fuckin' pair of wire snippers lol. had been sitting in the padding of that chair for at least a decade. a decade or more of people consciously or unconsciously avoiding the uncomfy chair. and she gets a free tool out of it.

in this way your wife is much like the Hamas frogmen dredging up metal scrap. curious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Ramie posted:

in this way your wife is much like the Hamas frogmen dredging up metal scrap. curious!

she does like to snorkle too. i'm on the verge of spiralling, my whole wife is a lie.