Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

forkboy84 posted:

Not sure I believe this tbh

No, it's completely true. Look: https://brandfinance.com/press-rele...pan-and-germany

quote:

The United Kingdom has overcome a soft power risk from temporary instability in late 2022 resulting from tumultuous government changes and the passing of Queen Elizabeth II. This year, the UK ranks 7th in ‘strong and stable economy’ compared to last year’s 12th and improves on ‘politically stable and well governed’ up to 12th from last year’s 16th. The nation’s Global Soft Power Index Score of 71.8 continues an upward trend from 67.3 in the previous year. Like the USA, as the UK is set for a general election this year, it will be interesting to see how the results impact its soft power.

See. It makes perfect sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

forkboy84 posted:

not sure they do either

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

keep punching joe posted:

Darren Grimes looks like the project manager at my work who everyone hates and slates behind his back about what a useless oval office he is.

that's every project manager tbf

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

forkboy84 posted:

And yet the fiendish forces of woke still menace are democracy!

Lemurtron
Aug 3, 2017

Squinting very hard at the account to see in which way this is a parody... but it looks like they just let Jeremy Clarkson loose with a copy of photoshop.

First thing I thought of

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

dadrips posted:

*Armpit fart rendition of land of hope and glory*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKwHrj5nQ3Y

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-68683444

quote:

Ukrainians returning home to get dental treatment

A Ukrainian mother living in Wiltshire says she returned to her war-torn country because she could not access NHS dental care.

Natalia Negreba has recently had root canal work done in the city of Dnipro.

The 36-year-old said she was in "excruciating" pain, but could not find NHS dental care or afford to pay for private treatment.

The care board that covers Wiltshire said it had laid on "additional urgent dental care appointments" since 2021.

Dnipro, which is fewer than 100km (62 miles) from the front line, was on the receiving end of a devastating wave of attacks by Russian forces in December.

The Ukrainian air force said it had "never seen so many locations targeted simultaneously" after Russia launched 158 drones and missiles.

Despite the danger the city has faced since Russian forces invaded Ukraine in 2022, Mrs Negriba says she returned with her three-year-old daughter Agnia in July 2023 because she was in so much pain.

I'm lucky. There's a dentist that takes NHS patients in my town

... with an estimated 17 year waiting list

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Er, Britain isn't a country.
First place most powerful, Africa.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

now this is powerful cope https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1775882749921911191

WE'RE NUMBER TWO

WE'RE NUMBER TWO

WE'RE NUMBER TWO!

Pictured:

A national aerobatic display team with aircraft where half of them don't work

A fighter jet developed in concert with the Germans, Spanish and Italians

A monarch with cancer.

A Panamanian-registered container ship built I South Korea and owned by an Italian shipping line.

A prime minister who doesn't have the moral fortitude or the political capital to say that using the Navy to tow refugees back across a maritime border is heinous in and of itself.

A car built by a company owned by the Italian, Canadian, Saudi and Chinese investors and with a German engine.

A man with a big camera.

A fighter aircraft primarily developed by the Americans.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Has the England team won anything recently (not the womens team obvs because they arent on the picture).

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Has the England team won anything recently (not the womens team obvs because they arent on the picture).

The hearts of the nation.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Except that traitor harry

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Such a blatant ripoff of

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Police launch inquiry after MPs targeted in apparent ‘spear-phishing’ attack

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Story does not deliver

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

While the final moments of the events ruin the totality, I will always be proud of the day that BRITANE had a lad stab a terrorist in the jacksie with a narwhal tusk.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Him and Scottish ball kick man need to make up a super hero duo

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

While the final moments of the events ruin the totality, I will always be proud of the day that BRITANE had a lad stab a terrorist in the jacksie with a narwhal tusk.
Swole Doge: Terrorist? Let me kick him in the balls with a narwhal
Cheems: Terrorist? Let me unload an entire magazine into a pub across the river, I'm scared for my life

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Darren Grimes looks like the project manager at my work who everyone hates and slates behind his back about what a useless oval office he is.

He’s David Brent’s bastard stepchild

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This is actually incredible. What have we got here? A fighter jet, a man looking down an incredibly old fashioned movie camera, a football team that’s won jack poo poo in 60 years, another fighter jet, a ludicrous looking king with arse cancer, and , erm, some docks?!?!!??

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

smellmycheese posted:

some docks?!?!!??

Has anyone geo-located that port? It would be hilarious if they are showing of another country's modern port

e: I spent way too long googling to find out. They did actually use Felixstowe.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 4, 2024

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I wonder if whatever footballers, Chris Nolan and the king agreed to be featured in this tweet.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Graphic design is the UK's passion

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The lovely flags thread will be happy to deliver on that one.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

The imbeciles gradiented over the 5th red arrow!

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

fuctifino posted:

Has anyone geo-located that port? It would be hilarious if they are showing of another country's modern port

e: I spent way too long googling to find out. They did actually use Felixstowe.

iirc they sold that a while ago.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Graphic design is the UK's passion

Another thing for Kate to apologise for.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah, it's too complicated for me but looks like it's probably owned by the (less powerful) Chinese.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

I google searched the image, to see when it was taken, and it was this week.
As for accomplishments:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It looks like Sue-Ellen is working for Israel now

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1775892131263172701

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

*tearfully watching as a Palestinian kid isn't blown to vapour because our arms sale didn't go through*

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Think of the commercial interests of the arms companies.

*Camera pans over a whiteboard with a line going up slightly less, A CEO turns to face the camera as it zooms in and a single tear rolls down his face.*

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Tesseraction posted:

*tearfully watching as a Palestinian kid isn't blown to vapour because our arms sale didn't go through*

What do you want then, for them to starve to death? You monster?!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

*Camera pans over a whiteboard with a line going up slightly less, A CEO turns to face the camera as it zooms in and a single tear rolls down his face.*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej7dfPL7Kho

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

we dont loving sell anything to Israel anyway, and have suspended arms sales previously

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Technically American media now but Our Lad Mehdi Hasan recommended this and it's pretty drat funny https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1775950501445583001

Joe Scarborough just like "I have always hated Hamas, I've always said they're nazis who want to destroy Israel"

Israeli minister: "yes me too--"

Joe: "So why did Netanyahu fund them as recently as September before this attack? For hundreds of millions of dollars?"

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

yikes

isnt this what the labour potential mp got chuckled out for saying?

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 4, 2024

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tesseraction posted:

Technically American media now but Our Lad Mehdi Hasan recommended this and it's pretty drat funny https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1775950501445583001

Joe Scarborough just like "I have always hated Hamas, I've always said they're nazis who want to destroy Israel"

Israeli minister: "yes me too--"

Joe: "So why did Netanyahu fund them as recently as September before this attack? For hundreds of millions of dollars?"

Comparing Hamas to the Nazis seems pretty rotten tbh

Like, they aren't good people, but jumping straight to "NAZIS" seems unhealthy.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Comparing Hamas to the Nazis seems pretty rotten tbh

Like, they aren't good people, but jumping straight to "NAZIS" seems unhealthy.

Joe was a far-right republican in the 1990s and is now to the left of the mainstream GOP. Because they moved and he didn't.

Also is anyone else rate limited in D&D at the moment or did I piss off a mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1775943522580906236

Good for them