Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
holy crap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

At this point, the Pokemon games are like the Garfield comic strip. All the rights holders need is for it to exist. Who cares if making a small team crunch out an HD RPG every year maybe leads to half-baked product?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Waffleman_ posted:

At this point, the Pokemon games are like the Garfield comic strip. All the rights holders need is for it to exist. Who cares if making a small team crunch out an HD RPG every year maybe leads to half-baked product?

Specially since the mobile division is making 6 times that with even less effort besides content updates.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Veotax posted:

lol, aircraft livery sales

irl microtransactions

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Plane armor.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jet fuel is not very effective against steel beams

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Paying2Lurk posted:

Plane armor.

premium skins

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

I'm glad that the romhack community for Pokemon is so strong

Nintendo just shut down one of the main hubs for that stuff

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/03/pokemon-fan-game-site-relic-castle-shut-down-following-dmca-takedown-notice

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Pokemon is still good and fun but its always going to be aimed at kids and it should be. I do wish they would throw in something slightly harder for the not kids though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

they're good OP

I also really appreciate how a bunch of japanese cities now have official pokemon ambassadors

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The endgame battle tower facilities are plenty difficult. Last time they tried to go much further than that, they added bizarre ideas like "your pokemon do what they like, win 50 times in a row, good luck".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFZBggD9A5M

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/sim/w...-a-honda-civic/

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Good for them.

iirc they were kinda forced to make a Steam release version because they were drowning in medical debt so that's probably where most of the money went because America is hell

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Time to patch the country add some of those missing QOL features

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

EXTREMELY good purchase--game and car

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

also, adventure mode launches April 17

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

I said come in! posted:

also, adventure mode launches April 17

no way

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh man the UI update was great but it was ultimately just a different coat of paint on the game I already loved and could see just fine with imagination. I was never able to get into adventure mode like I did fortress mode in classic, and new graphics seem a bit more important in that close a perspective, so this will be an all new game to me.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thinking about dd2 some more and I sincerely hope that even people that don't play that game or gave up on it, get to see the absolutely absurd late title card 60 hours into that game. one of the all time greats. and also the entire reason they didnt want to have a new game option lol

spending the entire game pretending its a remake or reimagining of dragons dogma including the title screen just saying "dragons dogma". and then when it becomes incredibly clear exactly how the game is a sequel with you visiting locations from the first game, late title card DRAGON'S DOGMA II, and the 2 being permanently added to the title screen also

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I don't know where else to show this to anyone

https://i.imgur.com/U2KmkG1.mp4

I've been learning Python and while doing so have been working on a project that I actually started in 2006 when I tried to learn C++. It's just a post-apocalypse version of The Oregon Trail. I've got most of the systems working, and there are little ASCII animations I made for various events. Anyway, I made a montage of them.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

credburn posted:

I've been learning Python and while doing so have been working on a project that I actually started in 2006 when I tried to learn C++. It's just a post-apocalypse version of The Oregon Trail. I've got most of the systems working, and there are little ASCII animations I made for various events. Anyway, I made a montage of them.

This is real good.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
the Ws for udders are a nice touch

e: wait they have horns uh....

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

the Ws for udders are a nice touch

e: wait they have horns uh....

They're toxen, not oxen

Because it's post--apocalypse, you see

And they're pulling a wagon

A station wagon!
:dadjoke:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

credburn posted:

They're toxen, not oxen

Because it's post--apocalypse, you see

And they're pulling a wagon

A station wagon!
:dadjoke:

That’s how you “Ford” a river!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The, uh, toxen going all wide-eyed on a failed river crossing is a nice touch.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That's cool can u hunt way too much meat?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Khanstant posted:

That's cool can u hunt way too much meat?

You can only bring back 200 pounds.

The hunting "minigame" is handled with just dice rolls basically. But some creatures will attack you if you shoot and miss.

The currency is pogs, and at forts you can gamble if you have a slammer. It randomly generates some simple descriptors for an NPC, and sometimes it's spot on:

There's also a disc golf minigame and you can have a cat!

credburn fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Apr 5, 2024

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

1) Continue

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
3 :twisted:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

credburn posted:

hell yeah, good poo poo gamester

i've been pounding away at my own game and finally figured out a way to efficiently transfer 2D tile data to blender so i can more easily generate and test level layouts. pretty exciting to finally be near the point where i can have an honest to god vertical slice

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy
I know this is several hundred posts too late, but I wanted to come out of the closet as the person who liked the stealth and action gameplay of Alpha Protocol more than the Metal Gear series (pre-Phantom Pain and not including Revengeance).

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
This “reach the portcullis” section at the end of A Plague Tale loving sucks!!!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I gave diablo 4 a go because I no longer have to give blizzard money to play it and found it okay so far. Decided to play a bit more today, and got put in a queue to log in to a game I am playing entirely solo.

What a good system.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How long was the queue? Season 4 PTR patch notes are available now and sound pretty positive. Fixing a lot of issues players have.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It said less than a minute but I had the window open for five before I got bored and did something else, probably just froze or something.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

homeless snail posted:

thinking about dd2 some more and I sincerely hope that even people that don't play that game or gave up on it, get to see the absolutely absurd late title card 60 hours into that game. one of the all time greats. and also the entire reason they didnt want to have a new game option lol

spending the entire game pretending its a remake or reimagining of dragons dogma including the title screen just saying "dragons dogma". and then when it becomes incredibly clear exactly how the game is a sequel with you visiting locations from the first game, late title card DRAGON'S DOGMA II, and the 2 being permanently added to the title screen also

what do you mean visiting locations from the first game? also I got the true end in 35 hours lol but the title card drop is fully sick

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

what do you mean visiting locations from the first game? also I got the true end in 35 hours lol but the title card drop is fully sick
seafloor shrine is literally just gran soren. you meet the guy at the bottom of the everfall and come up into the castle and the layout is identical. in postgame its even more obvious because all the shops line up and even the riftstone is in the rubble of the old pawns guild. there are a few other places on the map that also at least evoke locations in gransys like ancient battleground and bluemoon tower

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Star Control 2 (re-released in February as Free Stars: The Ur-Quan Masters) is getting an official sequel, by the original devs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqCnsE3hxP4

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Apr 5, 2024

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

xoFcitcrA posted:

I know this is several hundred posts too late, but I wanted to come out of the closet as the person who liked the stealth and action gameplay of Alpha Protocol more than the Metal Gear series (pre-Phantom Pain and not including Revengeance).

i hate MGS stealth so much lol i'm terrible at it. Thief came out the same year and it's not even funny how much more fun it is to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I wish more cancelled games would leak onto the net :allears:

https://twitter.com/Dageekydude/status/1775572473330672034