Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
When do you get dragon forging? I'm in the post-game and still don't have it as an option anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I wonder, do pawns report back saying "that world's arisen loving threw me into the brine, what the hell"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Deified Data posted:

When do you get dragon forging? I'm in the post-game and still don't have it as an option anywhere.

As soon as you find the guy that does it. He also sells best gear for dragon blood.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Deified Data posted:

Upgrade your gear three times and then take it to The Dragonforged. In the main game he's in a cave off the north shore path out of Bakbattahl but if you're in the post-game he should be straight up standing like ten feet away from the portcrystal at the Sunken Shrine.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Deified Data posted:

There's a guy, like, north east of backbattahl, in some hole-in-the-wall shrine on the coast that will do dragon forging for 5 wyrmcrystal things

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Deified Data posted:

Normally you just go see the Dragonforged at the Bay Wayside Shrine north of Battahl. I'm pretty sure the main quest takes you there, so maybe you just didn't see that he had that dialogue option.

During the post-game the Dragonforged should just be hanging out at the Seafloor Shrine.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gotta say the grind for it sucked but, I liked the thematic strength of having to bathe in the dying flames of a dragon to dragonforge your gear in DD1, more than how it works in DD2.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I will say I vastly prefer talking to a guy to dragon forge my gear than having to bait out a fire breath attack from a wandering drake, who will certainly spawn at the worst possible moment for me to switch to the gear I need to have flame-broiled.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah DD2's dragonforging is babby-level, I'm pretty sure the first game also had several tiers

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Wait there's a dragonforged besides the crazy dude in Harve?

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I'm pretty sure that dude is a former Arisen, rather than a pawn, like the Dragonforged are.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

Yeah DD2's dragonforging is babby-level, I'm pretty sure the first game also had several tiers
Only in DA, but also that was annoying because rarification required you to grind RC

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

The Muffinlord posted:

I will say I vastly prefer talking to a guy to dragon forge my gear than having to bait out a fire breath attack from a wandering drake, who will certainly spawn at the worst possible moment for me to switch to the gear I need to have flame-broiled.
I thought there was just a chance of dragonforging anything you happened to be wearing at the time a dragon died. I don't remember doing anything with fire breath.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
There should probably be a middleground. Like the first dragonforged stuff you get is thebgear you were wearing in the final fight (ala DD1) but then in postgame/ng+ you can get it done at a vendor.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Volte posted:

I thought there was just a chance of dragonforging anything you happened to be wearing at the time a dragon died. I don't remember doing anything with fire breath.

I could be misremembering, honestly. It's been a while.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Volte posted:

Yeah, and it was a 100% chance when you killed The Dragon or ur-dragon

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Reading about that doctor quest last page made me realize I probably missed all kinds of quests in Venworth seeing how poorly that area runs. Every time I was there I just wanted to go somewhere else instead of a lag fest so I didn't look for quests and secrets very hard.

Every other town is fine, and open world has been fine. It's somehow just Venworth stuffed so full of poo poo that it brings everyone's game to a halt.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I still can't talk to several of the vendors in Bakbattahl without my game grinding to an absolute halt. Weirdly, Vernworth is completely fine for me, and has been since launch.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Volte posted:

Also it was specifically only gear the arisen was wearing, so if you wanted to dragonforge something for your pawn it was a big pain

There was some big dopamine from seeing dragonforged popups on the side of the screen one after another after a drake kill though, so there was something to that system

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 4, 2024

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
- big endgame/postgame spoilers -

It's really impressive to me how accurately they were able to recreate Gran Soren but as a hosed up sunken ruin. I guess that means Rothais founded Gransys ages before DD1 happens, in an earlier cycle? Either way it's cool how they teased it a bit when you first meet him at the spot where you get the portcrystal in in the Everfall in DD1, and then they follow through in the postgame.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I upgraded to a 7800X3D since the game came out and it made the framerate in Vernworth and Bakbattahl much better but we're talking 45-55fps during slowdowns instead of 25-30fps, and still very stuttery. Hopefully they release a performance patch soon.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

- big endgame/postgame spoilers -

It's really impressive to me how accurately they were able to recreate Gran Soren but as a hosed up sunken ruin. I guess that means Rothais founded Gransys ages before DD1 happens, in an earlier cycle? Either way it's cool how they teased it a bit when you first meet him at the spot where you get the portcrystal in in the Everfall in DD1, and then they follow through in the postgame.
I think there's a lot of stuff with this theory that's hard to rectify but I operate under the belief that its your pawn from the true ending of DD1, who bestowed with your spirit fell from heaven and presumably became the duke of Gran Soren, and then I guess they'd also have to have some kind of mortal/divine duality for that to really make sense if they're also a seneschal

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Blockhouse posted:

wait people are having problems with the spearhand teleport? I haven't had any issues with it like 98% of the time

the class absolutely has big damage moves but you have to build your gear for them. Dwarven smithing your weapon makes the Maister skill hit like a truck for instance. The laser will also shred weak points.

Yeah I have never once been able to get it to work. I can't figure out the timing it wants at all. Kinda doesn't help that even when things aren't going on it is kind of hard to see the wimpy projectile, and it quickly becomes impossible if wizard pawns are throwing out spells.

I agree though that MS can poo poo out damage if you give it the chance. The heavy attack alone hits crazy hard with an upgraded weapon.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

wait people are having problems with the spearhand teleport?

I've never been great at active defense or parry timing in games like these but I've literally never gotten that tp to work a SINGLE TIME despite getting the vocation to cap.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I've noticed as I close in on the last few quests in the main game my pawns are suddenly getting a lot of new dialogue lines, like talking more about the cities we visit, their past and present vocations, and even randomly commenting on the view of the mountains as I left Vernworth. These are all lines I haven't heard in ~120 hours playtime, strange that they're just popping up now.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Magil Zeal posted:

I've noticed as I close in on the last few quests in the main game my pawns are suddenly getting a lot of new dialogue lines, like talking more about the cities we visit, their past and present vocations, and even randomly commenting on the view of the mountains as I left Vernworth. These are all lines I haven't heard in ~120 hours playtime, strange that they're just popping up now.

Could be dragon plague, better brine ‘em to be sure.

:v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol ran into my first golem at the same time as a gryphon on a cliff we kept falling off

Had to use some wakestones to win because its last core just would not take damage. The hitbox on the arm is busted as hell

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

Lol ran into my first golem at the same time as a gryphon on a cliff we kept falling off

Had to use some wakestones to win because its last core just would not take damage. The hitbox on the arm is busted as hell

The thing about the one on the arm is that it's only exposed some of the time. Usually right after he does a big punch at the ground. He'll typically pause for a bit after doing that giving you time to wail on it but once he stands back up you can't damage it anymore.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've Drawn and Quartered this Medusa's head 3 times now! Don't understand why it won't come off.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ytlaya posted:

I've Drawn and Quartered this Medusa's head 3 times now! Don't understand why it won't come off.

If you are hitting her in the right spot, snakes fly off instead of just blood.

I did it at level 50 with a thief by repeatedly climbing to her head and slashing. Took about 2.5 bars of hp damage before I finally got the preserved head.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

If you are hitting her in the right spot, snakes fly off instead of just blood.

I did it at level 50 with a thief by repeatedly climbing to her head and slashing. Took about 2.5 bars of hp damage before I finally got the preserved head.

I ended up only getting a regular head, also with just me attacking and my pawns waiting.

It's possible the spot was off a bit during some of the attacking, though; it's hard to tell since it's so dark.

Edit: Is the Preserved one needed for the sculptor's quest? Mine says it's power of petrification "remains in full."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The thing about the one on the arm is that it's only exposed some of the time. Usually right after he does a big punch at the ground. He'll typically pause for a bit after doing that giving you time to wail on it but once he stands back up you can't damage it anymore.

Ohh, I didn't know that. I was grabbing on and poking it the whole time for dear life lol. Good to know for the next one

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Holy poo poo, I'm 95% sure I finally just recruited a guy with dragonsplague. The instant I spoke with him in the rift I got a tutorial pop-up, and he said something irritable towards me.

Edit: "Are you so eager to chat with me? I thought we did enough of that on the road."

Yeah this guy is definitely hosed up

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 5, 2024

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ytlaya posted:

I ended up only getting a regular head, also with just me attacking and my pawns waiting.

It's possible the spot was off a bit during some of the attacking, though; it's hard to tell since it's so dark.

Edit: Is the Preserved one needed for the sculptor's quest? Mine says it's power of petrification "remains in full."

No idea for the sculptors quest. If you go into your inventory, equip it, go back into your inventory and select brandish so that it fires a petrifying gaze, it's probably good enough for the quest.

You get a trophy for getting a preserved head and then another trophy for using it to petrify medusa herself. Toss it into storage, rest for 7 days so she respawns, then run back there and do it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

FART BOSS posted:

Thank god, with this mod this game is finally playable

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma2/mods/418?tab=description

THE WIND IS PUSHING MEEEEEEEEEEE

This is exactly what this game was missing

Also the dragonblight thing makes me wish there was a pvp option. Invade other Arisens worlds through the rift and get 4v4 nutty on em :unsmigghh:

e: or even just you and your main pawn, that could be even more fun

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Just finished it with the true ending, game owns despite it being Objectively Mid in a lot of ways, which is hilarious. Itsuno once again ran overbudget and overtime on his pet project, and yet this time it's a financial success and record-breaker and thus they can't even use that against him. My man keeps on winning.

Gonna wait on the first big update for a replay with a lot of mods. Apparently augment-modifying stuff isn't online safe, but a fair bit remains totally fine to use, so I'm excited for it.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I now feel nothing when a pawn says something that sounds like the start of either insubordination or declaring that they feel a power inside them and I thus huck them into the nearest brine I can find, particularly if it's near a stone where I can either resummon my own guy or get a new one.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

toasterwarrior posted:

Just finished it with the true ending, game owns despite it being Objectively Mid in a lot of ways, which is hilarious. Itsuno once again ran overbudget and overtime on his pet project, and yet this time it's a financial success and record-breaker and thus they can't even use that against him. My man keeps on winning.

Gonna wait on the first big update for a replay with a lot of mods. Apparently augment-modifying stuff isn't online safe, but a fair bit remains totally fine to use, so I'm excited for it.

Objectively

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Midsterworks all, you could go wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Ytlaya posted:

Holy poo poo, I'm 95% sure I finally just recruited a guy with dragonsplague. The instant I spoke with him in the rift I got a tutorial pop-up, and he said something irritable towards me.

Edit: "Are you so eager to chat with me? I thought we did enough of that on the road."

Yeah this guy is definitely hosed up

Why did you hire him? When that tutorial popped up for me, I noped away from that pawn immediately