Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Parallax posted:

also it seems like most the longer matches have commercials so if the women are getting longer matches then... good?? not that i thought that thunder rosa match was good, the womens title scene needs an injection of something, it's dead out there in comparison to the tbs title scene

lord please bring Hayter back to us posthaste so she and Mariah can have a best of seven for the title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
true wrestling fans don't wnat wrestling on their tv shows they just want promos and highly produced packages leading up to the ple of which they'll watch gifs of on twitter

smh at wwe doing three minute matches on twitter. three loving minutes get out of here. if you can't wrap the match up in a fifteen second gif it's too long gramps

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

now that the work horseman are back in aew i have full confidence the feeling will be restored

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

we meed to fire bryan keith for his hand in all this

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
fire him? he needs to be given the reigns of this ailing farce of a company

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

If I was a billionaire, I'd probably use all that money to play wrestling action figures but for real. But then imagine if my favorite action figure called me a clown in a highly publicized interview? I'd have to have my newest favorite retro figure come out and say "actually he's not a clown, and I enjoy the way he plays with me" in a partially occupied arena.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Hellblazer187 posted:

If I was a billionaire, I'd probably use all that money to play wrestling action figures but for real. But then imagine if my favorite action figure called me a clown in a highly publicized interview? I'd have to have my newest favorite retro figure come out and say "actually he's not a clown, and I enjoy the way he plays with me" in a partially occupied arena.

lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Hellblazer187 posted:

lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Barry Bluejeans posted:

lord please bring Hayter back to us posthaste so she and Mariah can have a best of seven for the title

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Hellblazer187 posted:

lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

Lmao

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tony should just put on more women's matches where the point of the match is to embarrass them and let the fans get their hate in. It's what the people want, just look at the ratings if you don't believe me

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Tony should just put on more women's matches where the point of the match is to embarrass them

plenty of these already

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

the best own would be to simply ask Tony his top 5 women’s matches ever not in AEW. I’m not sure he watched any women’s wrestling pre 2019

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

the best own would be to simply ask Tony his top 5 women’s matches ever not in AEW. I’m not sure he watched any women’s wrestling pre 2019

Every match is just an Athena title defense he booked.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Hellblazer187 posted:

lmao

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Pylons posted:

Every match is just an Athena title defense he booked.

Athena kicks rear end. I still think it’s a cop out she’s stuck on ROH. What’s the point of elevating a brand no one watches while your main brand can’t get an audience for women’s wrestling without it being a death match

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Now do one where they have TONY on the bottom of their shoes

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

“I don’t wanna play with you anymore” except woody is literally any AEW wrestler and buzz is whoever he signed most recently

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Tony should just put on more women's matches where the point of the match is to embarrass them and let the fans get their hate in. It's what the people want, just look at the ratings if you don't believe me

empty quote but remove women from it

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

mercedes mone is giving me roman reigns in 2015 vibes on how awkward and forced she is

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tentatively, i don't know. if they hired a former wwe writer who prefers not to have wrestling go on and is focused on 1 talent and that person can't act, there's something to gleam from that. and i know the word is glean but this thread really is all about what YOU (each individual) want/s, without holding back.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
My doomerism for this company has hit a point part of me kinda wants the ratings to just keep getting worse and worse in hopes it eventually forces them to actually try and make things better but I guess that's too much ask anymore.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Drakkel posted:

My doomerism for this company has hit a point part of me kinda wants the ratings to just keep getting worse and worse in hopes it eventually forces them to actually try and make things better but I guess that's too much ask anymore.

Goddamn shut up.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Hellblazer187 posted:

lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Drakkel posted:

I honestly think you need to take a break from online. The show isn't nearly as dire as you seem to think it is. And the behind the scenes stuff isn't even in the top 500 of worse things a wrestling company has done. A lot of scamps on here like to pray for its death but you can tell its not really serious. And others offer their legit critical thoughts and what they think could be done better or what was done poorly. But like was mentioned last time - the show is going to get an increase on its deal and it isn't dying.

You hoping it dies because it makes you upset that it's not as good as you want it to be is unhealthy.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Hefty Leftist posted:

mercedes mone is giving me roman reigns in 2015 vibes on how awkward and forced she is

"CEO! CEO! CEO! CEO!"

::spams a Fortnite dance emote::

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Shard posted:

I honestly think you need to take a break from online. The show isn't nearly as dire as you seem to think it is. And the behind the scenes stuff isn't even in the top 500 of worse things a wrestling company has done. A lot of scamps on here like to pray for its death but you can tell its not really serious. And others offer their legit critical thoughts and what they think could be done better or what was done poorly. But like was mentioned last time - the show is going to get an increase on its deal and it isn't dying.

You hoping it dies because it makes you upset that it's not as good as you want it to be is unhealthy.

-never log off
-it's worse
-the behind the scenes makes ecw look like a church trip
-all of my posts in the aew hell thread are 1000% serious
-what could be done better: everything
-the show's either getting the same deal or cancelled, depending on what happens with the nba

i was gonna do the whole quote response thing but i didn't want to

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

-never log off
-it's worse
-the show's either getting the same deal or cancelled, depending on what happens with the nba

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

"CEO! CEO! CEO! CEO!"

::spams a Fortnite dance emote::

Lmao I basically think this every time.

"I don't know what to do"

*bounces up and down*

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Shard posted:

I don't hope it dies I've just hit a point where it doesn't feel like there's any way to turn it around and even if it doesn't go out of business it'll just sorta fade into obscurity like TNA where even if they do good stuff just, nobody notices or cares and WWE gets to continue having complete dominance over professional wrestling...

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

if you're not enjoying it, you shouldn't watch it

you should spend that time watching something that will make you happy instead of watching something worrying the whole time none of it matters because it will be dead soon anyway

keeping yourself in some sort of doom spiral sounds exhausting

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Drakkel posted:

I don't hope it dies I've just hit a point where it doesn't feel like there's any way to turn it around and even if it doesn't go out of business it'll just sorta fade into obscurity like TNA where even if they do good stuff just, nobody notices or cares and WWE gets to continue having complete dominance over professional wrestling...

WWE isn't ever going to stop being the top company for a long time - it has too much momentum. And AEW has always wanted to be the alternative and that's when they are at their best when they are offering something different. At its heigh TNA never had as much momentum or popularity or made as much money as AEW has. So just watch the show and enjoy it, or if you don't like watching it stop. You're torturing yourself for no reason

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Robot voice: Must watch and consume product. Enjoy product. Do not ask questions. Do not express dissatisfaction. Always smile. Always chant "CEO" during her entrance. Do not flinch when Eddie does his chops. Consume and get excited for the next weeks product. This is not a cult.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

C. Everett Koop posted:

-never log off
-it's worse

Drakkel posted:

RBX posted:

Robot voice: Must watch and consume product. Enjoy product. Do not ask questions. Do not express dissatisfaction. Always smile. Always chant "CEO" during her entrance. Do not flinch when Eddie does his chops. Consume and get excited for the next weeks product. This is not a cult.

I swear to God, some of you are just too loving stupid for words.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

RBX posted:

are you still enjoying that nazi game

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
wrestling is a form of media that there so many different styles to it is easy to find things you like and dont like on even the same show you're watching. If you see people into a thing and then try to get into but just cant thats fine or just slowly not vibe with it thats also fine imo. being weird about people liking it or not liking it is funny though and real internet brain fried stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

RBX posted:

Hey man you watch any good matches lately?