Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

(googling what's the most chud kind of spaghetti sauce to buy) uh .. I like Prego

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I buy whatever is cheap idgaf

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i make spagetti with ketchup packets stolen from mcdonalds like a normal person

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

blatman posted:

i make spagetti with ketchup packets stolen from mcdonalds like a normal person

In the olden times our forefathers made their own ketchup because they had get up and go

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Rectal Death Alert posted:

Any kind of forum microtransactions would destroy all of those goons that spend like $20,000 on mobile games.

We already have that. There's always one guy buying a dozen reregs every day that accounts for like 20% of the forums' income.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
If you want to up your pasta game, try Cream Miso Pasta. It's really loving good + easy + cheaper than canned sauce. though parm can be a bit pricy if you dont buy it from costco or tj

it gets my A+ seal of approval

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

if you’re at Costco you can smash some loving jars of sauce or preserved mangoes or wine on the ground and someone will just tell you not to worry about it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Making good pasta sauce is easy and fun, to a point. That point is your second child. At this point, the definition of "easy" changes. We just buy jars lol

Rao's is good but pricey. Newman's Own will do in a pinch, I'm not proud

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/99-cents-only-to-close-down-all-stores/
is that good

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

quote:

In 2011, the company was sold in a $1.6 billion buyout to private equity firm Ares Management and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board.
lol yeah it is actually

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

calcium chlorides a very common food preservative, it's fine

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Changing market conditions. like what? people not going to dollar stores anymore?

I smell a leveraged buyout

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

skooma512 posted:

Changing market conditions. like what? people not going to dollar stores anymore?

I smell a leveraged buyout

quote:

In 2011, the company was sold in a $1.6 billion buyout to private equity firm Ares Management and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board.

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
pan sauce stays winning...

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

there are euro pizza crimes at least equal to this

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
the culling of the yospos chickens continues........ https://archive.ph/lY2c3

quote:

Apple lays off hundreds of Bay Area workers in first mass cuts since the pandemic

Apple is laying off 614 employees in Santa Clara as part of its first mass job cuts in years, according to a state filing.
An attorney for the tech giant wrote that the layoffs are effective on May 27, in a letter last week to the California Employment Development Department.
The move, which spans eight offices in Santa Clara, follows reports that the company canceled a decade-long electric car project. The filing did not mention the project, but affected roles include “machine shop” managers, hardware engineers and product design engineers.

Apple didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment on whether the cuts were related to the electric car project.
The Cupertino-based iPhone maker hired more slowly than its peers during the pandemic, growing around 20%, and it had avoided the mass layoffs that have hit virtually every other tech company.

CEO Tim Cook said in May last year that mass layoffs would be a “last resort” and none were planned at the time.
Apple’s quarterly revenue fell in the last three months of 2023 and its key China market declined. Apple is also facing a major antitrust lawsuit from the Department of Justice, alleging that it maintains an illegal monopoly on smartphones.
ALL TIME HIGHS! tomorrow tho

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Man, I wish I was as wealthy as FF thinks everyone itt is

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

The337th posted:

Man, I wish I were as wealthy as FF thinks everyone itt is

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
It sure is weird how the biden presidency has been nothing but mass layoffs with record corporate profits

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
word on the street is that all the mag 7 technolord corps used a ton of bulking up with contractors at more than 1:1 from like 2015-2022, most of the contractors have been wiped out but those dont count as layoffs.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

says the guy who is far out on the fringe, lol

this is teh USA OP

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol at DOE numbers compared to CIA.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

came here to post this! i saw it on the news!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/1775920209552978413?t=-g4GfMOgzhS8rlRLI6jgAw&s=19

Rapidly approaching the McDonalds! meme becoming real

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I really hate this poo poo. There's no way poor people could live that would satisfy the middle class. If they were buying sensible cardigans from the GAP instead of streetwear, and last season's Sperry's instead of sneakers, and saving every other penny, they would still hate them, still turn that aesthetic into a racial caricature etc etc.

At the same time, I do want to understand the aesthetic, dress and deportment etc. Tattoos, yelling and being aggressive in personal interactions, wearing jewelry, those all obviously have an underlying function related to their class position and material conditions.

e: I think jewelry was explained to me as a form of portable wealth that could be used to post bail, launders cash from the informal economy into purchasing power and social status, can't be stolen from insecure housing while the owner is absent (wearing it).
gotta be aggressive about stuff when you're poor bc you don't have anything else if you aren't then you are loving invisible at best
a lot of it is an inversion of the upper class, all the stuff they reject aay trashy and don't do, poor people do establish their own heirarchies in the Stuff rich people can't really compete in w/o losing social standing
then that stuff becomes 'cool' and rich people turn it into a spending contest and take it away from poor people or it becomes trashy and turns into a vector to exploit/mark poor people
can't take yelling tho

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

FirstnameLastname posted:

gotta be aggressive about stuff when you're poor bc you don't have anything else if you aren't then you are loving invisible at best
a lot of it is an inversion of the upper class, all the stuff they reject aay trashy and don't do, poor people do establish their own heirarchies in the Stuff rich people can't really compete in w/o losing social standing
then that stuff becomes 'cool' and rich people turn it into a spending contest and take it away from poor people or it becomes trashy and turns into a vector to exploit/mark poor people
can't take yelling tho

I vaguely remember a study done some years ago that said that children's names followed a cyclical process where poor people would emulate the names of rich people, and then rich people would come up with different names once they saw that too many poor people are named what they used to be, and then poor people would copy the new set of rich people names again.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

gradenko_2000 posted:

I vaguely remember a study done some years ago that said that children's names followed a cyclical process where poor people would emulate the names of rich people, and then rich people would come up with different names once they saw that too many poor people are named what they used to be, and then poor people would copy the new set of rich people names again.

that's why you see rich ppl named Katelynne and Ashleigh and Braydenn now
poor people disgust them so much they started picking names that'll get their own kids beat up so poor people wouldn't have em

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

In Training posted:

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Isn't the first name thing really just for the petite bourgeoisie, since actual rich people have their Family Name

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

gradenko_2000 posted:

This is actually how fashion developed too. A lot of poors emulating what the rich would wear, driving rich to change.

But yes this is partly why there was a big black community around the latter 1800s into 1900s named after 1700s-era old rich white dudes

Xaris has issued a correction as of 11:24 on Apr 5, 2024

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?
Jesus tuck, this thread loves arguing who their favorite trillion dollar corporations are.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
well yes this is the yospos embassy thread

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Xaris posted:

This is actually how fashion developed too. A lot of poors emulating what the rich would wear, driving rich to change.

But yes this is partly why there was a big black community around the latter 1800s into 1900s named after 1700s-era old rich white dudes

im dumb and its early to google. what 1700s-era of bitch rear end rich dudes?

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

webcams for christ posted:

Isn't the first name thing really just for the petite bourgeoisie, since actual rich people have their Family Name

yeah, family names have titles of nobility and poo poo. stuff like Kanye naming his kid West are not the same

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

no lube so what posted:

im dumb and its early to google. what 1700s-era of bitch rear end rich dudes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHomroJC55M

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That's fine
that's when I can entirely check out of modern pop culture and become one of the old folks that just consumes pre-existing media because "the new stuff is poo poo"

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

In Training posted:

the CIA is at least extremely popular with a certain subset of old dying men with a closet full of tom clancy novels their kids are going to have to clean out

i'm not sure the DOE has any supporters left in any segment of the electorate

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Reposting

you don't get to have any good poo poo, plebe

motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
am I to understand that only poor people yell and "act a fool"?