Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Fleetwood posted:

heinz is for libs, real patriots use hunts on their pasta

The H. J. Heinz Company (/haɪnz/) is an American food processing company headquartered at One PPG Place in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.[2]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Who the hell is spitting ther zyn? If you're going to spit you might as well just enjoy a delicious Golden Blend Redman Chew

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Business Gorillas posted:

My friends make fun of me because I drink black coffee and refuse to drink Pineapple Dreams Celsius made from ????

Celsius is very popular here since it’s free.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/financialjuice/status/1776286966478197044

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

sonatinas posted:

Celsius is very popular here since it’s free.

energy drinks following the d-boy rule of getting into business will never not crack me up (in a maniac way)

i drank so much free "venom" because they would hand out multiple cans at a time no question and i was a bike messenger so i saw them multiple times a day. i claimed to be straight edge at this point in my life lmao

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i use a fire tv cube out of convenience/laziness and they started playing loud video ads as soon as you tell it to turn the TV on. you're already recording every sound in my apartment and now you do this to me wtf

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

The eggheads at the Federal Reserve have declared you a Lyin' Chud.

https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1776243790312829417

Don't believe your deceitful eyes.

https://twitter.com/MacroEdgeRes/status/1776265420913172837

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

:sickos:

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

ya last TV I bought was a Sony because they let you bypass the smart tv poo poo and set it up as a basic dumb tv if you want

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

consumer electronics ftw

I love my [BRAND] [PRODUCT]. It was a good purchase that reflects well on my character and intelligence

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

lol its gone from several cuts to, "we might hike"

they have no idea wtf is going on

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

webcams for christ posted:

consumer electronics ftw

I love my [BRAND] [PRODUCT]. It was a good purchase that reflects well on my character and intelligence

how do you feel about sportsball

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

In Training posted:

In this graph every Recession has a complete disconnect between UE rate and jobless claims though.

The surest sign actually seems to be a spike in continuing claims, ie people who lose their job struggle to find a new one.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

err posted:

We had like over a year of babbling about "disinflation" and nonstop scolding from Brandon's handlers and butt-wipers that we were imagining the Bad Vibes Economy.

Now they're warning they need to hike to get inflation under control.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

millions dead millions more health all hosed up, bro’s why won’t company’s layoff?!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

err posted:

lol its gone from several cuts to, "we might hike"

lol

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

VOLCKER OR GO HOME

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Hirsute posted:

how do you feel about sportsball

too much gambling. I prefer a good clean match like only FIFA can provide

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy9jaX9RAbA

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

lol

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

"Today" you feel gay: Dilettante.:smug:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Yeah they don’t know what they’re doing and what they want is mass layoffs but companies aren’t going along with it because it’s unnecessary.

Wages are outpacing inflation and companies are raking in money. The layoffs have all been to please Wall Street for a stock boost and savings so they can complete their stock buybacks.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Mandel Brotset posted:

it’s cool how we’re all living through what we’ve been told all our lives what the last years of the soviet union were like

I'm reading Secondhand Time: The Last of the Soviets right now and I think we're a ways away yet. Like... the part where nobody knew what the gently caress was going on, it being impossible to get many simple consumer goods and people trying on new ideologies like they would a hat seems resonant.

But we have a ways to go before federal authority degrades so much that a putsch is attempted. Maybe in another 10 years if the courts keep it up.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

keep the rage bait comin

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything
Re energy drink chat, I would switch my diet to nothing but peach vibe celcius if I could

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Chad Sexington posted:

I'm reading Secondhand Time: The Last of the Soviets right now and I think we're a ways away yet. Like... the part where nobody knew what the gently caress was going on, it being impossible to get many simple consumer goods and people trying on new ideologies like they would a hat seems resonant.

But we have a ways to go before federal authority degrades so much that a putsch is attempted. Maybe in another 10 years if the courts keep it up.

they did a trial run of one 3 years ago

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mycomancy posted:

The moment any Roku device begins playing video ads when idle is the minute I yoink every one out of my house, smash them in the street, then set up some sort of pain in my rear end solution with Raspberry Pi's or some such.

loving Christ...

It’s only been a few years since streaming became a viable option over torrents and they’ve already hosed it up enough that I’m starting to consider downloading cars again instead of paying to get stuff above board.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Legitimate streaming has been worse than piracy since like 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mycomancy posted:

The moment any Roku device begins playing video ads when idle is the minute I yoink every one out of my house, smash them in the street, then set up some sort of pain in my rear end solution with Raspberry Pi's or some such.

loving Christ...

You could just get a smart TV, or run all your TV poo poo through a game console or something

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Chad Sexington posted:

Texas just decided to usurp federal authority wrt immigration enforcement and the feds did nothing

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

why would they the admin 100% agrees with the texas immigration stance

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is this true https://twitter.com/realDANYANG/status/1775966283680346173

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

It's very clearly exploitation but on the other hand I would have greatly benefitted from having more professional pipelines as a teenager and might have actually appreciated this

Like it or not though the next generation of game developers will have started in Roblox and there is no amount of child gambling that will ever make Roblox more exploitative than FullSail or the DeVry institute, so I can't really be that mad about it

Edit: I bet at least one person in this thread is still paying off student loans from FullSail lmao

Engorged Pedipalps has issued a correction as of 19:01 on Apr 5, 2024

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

HOOTS! They lied to us!

:sadpeanut:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Number is not going to like that

selec
Sep 6, 2003

any child who became a developer from Roblox is going to be immediately pissed at discovering that their dev job isn’t “deliver what the users crave” which trains you to focus on user asks as your primary driver for development planning.

then they get into a company and have their first (of an infinite number) of experiences learning that the right way to deliver a feature to customers is either not at all or crippled, because business model.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

post hole digger posted:

The Hut Has Fallen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

selec posted:

any child who became a developer from Roblox is going to be immediately pissed at discovering that their dev job isn’t “deliver what the users crave” which trains you to focus on user asks as your primary driver for development planning.

then they get into a company and have their first (of an infinite number) of experiences learning that the right way to deliver a feature to customers is either not at all or crippled, because business model.

replace customer with shareholder, deliver what the shareholder wants