Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

RealityWarCriminal posted:

i just smoke weed
I hope my dispensary doesn't stop doing their regular 25% off sales now that recreational was defeated...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
She donghua on my jinlong until I glycine

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Woke Mind Virus posted:

why did they put pickles on it?

Would be even more najked without it

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

triple sulk posted:

layoffs are gonna get so much worse

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

She donghua on my jinlong until I glycine

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
I "do" edibles, not smoke weed. But yeah, THC >>> Booze.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites
It's nice to be employed tho

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

PoundSand posted:

It's nice to be employed tho

No it's not lmao

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Biplane posted:

No it's not lmao

ya i got laid off and i think when i run out of money im just going to starve to death instead of getting another lovely job. Yolo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AARD VARKMAN posted:

ya i got laid off and i think when i run out of money im just going to starve to death instead of getting another lovely job. Yolo
funemployment :toot::toot:

having moeny is pretty cool tho, i gotta afford the new elden ring dlc and pizza pockets somehow afterall. so i shall continue to be gainfully employed until i die of asscancer

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

i just smoke weed

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

i just smoke weed

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

ah, the first mega building

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

AARD VARKMAN posted:

:haibrower:

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

BULBASAUR posted:

ah, the first mega building

Peach Trees coming along great.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Yup

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I'm high on life and mindless spending.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Xaris posted:

If youre going to talk about Roblox, you must watch these 2 videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gXlauRB1EQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTMF6xEiAaY

Wow, way worse rates than I thought and that cash withdrawal scheme is insane

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Wow, way worse rates than I thought and that cash withdrawal scheme is insane
Yes it's hilariously predatory and evil, with the smoke screen of "but we're educating da kids and letting da kids become entrepreneurs! we're giving them tools to become VC startup game founders!" but completely misses that it's also financially exploitative of children. you say a child's labor is worthless to them so it's fine if children toil away for hundreds or thousands of hours making content because in exchange for their labor they get da skills n networking, which, well, that's debatable point -- maybe that's true, maybe it's not.

but it doesn't excuse also milking children financially by saying 'if u spend money advertising ur world, u get more money by more traffic!". and also the whole collectible gambling schemes encouraging kids to become stock options gamblers and sportsbetting addicts at the age of like 7. to say nothing of rampant pedophilia, it's basically a jared foggle paradise

those PMG videos are also a few years old now and I hear it's only gotten worse

The main (and very key!) difference between say HL1/starcraft/wc3 modding or even minecraft is that there was never any intent or even the faintest idea they could (and weren't) monetizeable -- it was always purely and exclusively for fun from the start. It was always solely a hobby tinkering whereas right from the very getgo all roblox stuff is inherently designed around monetizing and playing the h u s t l e culture. There's no escaping it and most of roblox are all going into it with the intent of chasing the money hustle -- not the fun or love of the game.

e: It is very sick how pervasive the ~HUSTLE~ has been perpetuated with web 2.0+ garbage. I feel like an old man yelling at clouds about this but seriously, it's not healthy. it's bad. and it's going to produce hosed up psyches

Xaris has issued a correction as of 01:31 on Apr 6, 2024

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Xaris posted:

bring on the rate hikes

All thread readers need to go out and spend money.

Boost that next CPI number up.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
You absolutely do not have to hand it to Roblox, just don't loving let your kids near it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I send them straight to Fortnite

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Xaris posted:

Yes it's hilariously predatory and evil, with the smoke screen of "but we're educating da kids and letting da kids become entrepreneurs! we're giving them tools to become VC startup game founders!" but completely misses that it's also financially exploitative of children. you say a child's labor is worthless to them so it's fine if children toil away for hundreds or thousands of hours making content because in exchange for their labor they get da skills n networking, which, well, that's debatable point -- maybe that's true, maybe it's not.

but it doesn't excuse also milking children financially by saying 'if u spend money advertising ur world, u get more money by more traffic!". and also the whole collectible gambling schemes encouraging kids to become stock options gamblers and sportsbetting addicts at the age of like 7. to say nothing of rampant pedophilia, it's basically a jared foggle paradise

those PMG videos are also a few years old now and I hear it's only gotten worse

The main (and very key!) difference between say HL1/starcraft/wc3 modding or even minecraft is that there was never any intent or even the faintest idea they could (and weren't) monetizeable -- it was always purely and exclusively for fun from the start. It was always solely a hobby tinkering whereas right from the very getgo all roblox stuff is inherently designed around monetizing and playing the h u s t l e culture. There's no escaping it and most of roblox are all going into it with the intent of chasing the money hustle -- not the fun or love of the game.

e: It is very sick how pervasive the ~HUSTLE~ has been perpetuated with web 2.0+ garbage. I feel like an old man yelling at clouds about this but seriously, it's not healthy. it's bad. and it's going to produce hosed up psyches

The worst thing to me is saying a child's labor (i.e. their time) is worthless because childhood is precious and short and should not be spent in the knockoff virtual lego mines (or real ones for that matter)

Good point about the modding "culture" too, prior to garry's mod going retail modding was never even thought of as being something other than a fun little hobby project

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

I send them straight to Fortnite

Unironically this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

take a look at that software in the graph. some of the most evil poo poo ive ever encountered.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

y’all get way too mad about ads, just go pee

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

AARD VARKMAN posted:

thats what im doing don't knock it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

take a look at that software in the graph. some of the most evil poo poo ive ever encountered.

lol looked it up on youtube. computer touchers* creating their own shackles and whips ftw

*yes i know they aren't a monolithic group

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Biplane posted:

No it's not lmao

ya, fair

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmfao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/vanillaopinions/status/1775994853983216111?t=YEEr8vUAMliE7KASv1n-vg&s=19

https://twitter.com/vanillaopinions/status/1776041570157863242?t=UeZCPpReTfIIiFSd2tW-Lg&s=19

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
menthol bans are good because theyre racist. mwahahahaha

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
well well well, black people, nice predilection you have there.... be a shame if something happened to it *whip cracks double entendre-ishly*

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

"smoking enhances productive capacities," no it doesn't

"makes it more fun to be drunk," no it doesn't

"and can help make people less anxious" no it doesn't

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

anonumos posted:

it does

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I think you got that opposite

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

(tobacco) smoking is loving awful unless you're drunk, in which case it becomes passingly amusing

I do not care one single bit that it's being banned by the EVIL DEMONIC LIEBERALS

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fyi it was the Trump administration that moved tobacco from 18 to 21

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again

anonumos posted:

"smoking enhances productive capacities," no it doesn't

"and can help make people less anxious" no it doesn't

It's a great stimulant for a lot of functional reasons. It also makes your entire body buzz like hummingbird when your drunk, and having on demand dopamine has helped more people manage depression than ssri's ever will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

fyi it was the Trump administration that moved tobacco from 18 to 21

Hell yeah TTUMP!!!