Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

cptInsane0 posted:

Hulk Hogan snitched to Vince that Jesse Ventura was trying to unionize the wrestlers.

Yeah. Hulk Hogan is like trash personified. He lied on the stand to protect Vince in Vince’s federal trial, he sabotaged WCW because he didn’t want to give up the belt, he spent a lifetime boot licking Vince… and yeah, he’s also caused the early death of many wrestlers because he hosed up the chances of WWF unionizing in the 80s. Dude is a mega, mega chud.

And that’s not even counting the steroids!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Doctor Butts posted:

Dude should be rich as hell and set for life but he's running every move in the "squandered everything and is now a washed up loser" playbook who sells scam energy and pre workout drinks.

Also his own craft tequila because every D list celebrity has one of those.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Yeah. Hulk Hogan is like trash personified. He lied on the stand to protect Vince in Vince’s federal trial, he sabotaged WCW because he didn’t want to give up the belt, he spent a lifetime boot licking Vince… and yeah, he’s also caused the early death of many wrestlers because he hosed up the chances of WWF unionizing in the 80s. Dude is a mega, mega chud.

And that’s not even counting the steroids!!!

Don’t forget his tiny penis or the fact that he loves yelling racial slurs. Oh oh and the “dress code” at his now defunct restaurant which basically amounted to “no black people”

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

benitocereno
Apr 14, 2005

Doctor Rope

tek79 posted:

Random theory re: Trump/Republicans over-performing in polls (which has maybe already been suggested a million times already?): What if at least some small percentage of poll respondents that tilt the scales toward Trump in polling results are Biden voters just saying they'll vote for Trump/Republicans because they're in a room with actual Trump supporters and don't want to catch poo poo for saying "Biden" or the more liberal candidate. Maybe even in an abusive relationship where the spouse is a chud. Trump supporters are absolute garbage people who can't/won't shut the gently caress up about Trump and frequently get combative if you go against Dear Leader.

Probably more likely everyone is sick of ever hearing the name "Trump" and hangs up for this bullshit instead of brainworm people who love to respond TRUMP! on a phone

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

smoobles posted:

TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE TRUMP

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

99% of everyone ever involved with professional wrestling is a chud. The 1% who isn't/aren't are terrible people in other ways.

Honestly it is a very surprising mix

Steve Austin: The fiery redneck from deep in the heart of texas: surprisingly liberal
The Undertaker: the deadman, shockingly conservative
AJ "The Gay Community?!" Styles: Confusing and unknown
Jim Cornette: Wrestling promoter from the south, the most crotchety old man the business has ever known: pretty classic blue dog liberal
Hulk Hogan: Wasn't fired for having a leaked sex tape, was fired for being racist during his leaked sex tape

It's kind of all over the place

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Sockser posted:

Steve Austin: The fiery redneck from deep in the heart of texas: surprisingly liberal
Jim Cornette: Wrestling promoter from the south, the most crotchety old man the business has ever known: pretty classic blue dog liberal
Hulk Hogan: Wasn't fired for having a leaked sex tape, was fired for being racist during his leaked sex tape

You forgot Kane being the dipshit chud mayor of Knox County

A solid percentage of the newer breed are much further left, at least socially - will point at the trans rights signs in the crowd, support BLM, etc etc
I remember when Trump did the Bible pose in front of the church and a WWE guy posted in favor of it, half the roster publicly told him to shut the gently caress up.

But the nature of the biz is they put each others lives' in their hands and thus will look past their co-workers politics in a way most other people would not.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Sockser posted:

Is "blue dog liberal" what they call people who are massively racist, phobic, and sexist, but their dipshit fans try to handwave away because they don't like Trump either?

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 6, 2024

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sockser posted:

Austin is a wife beater but isn't an overt chud. Probably votes conservative though.

AJ is a flat earther and 100% votes Trump

Jim Cornette is a liberal like Bill Maher is a liberal

Hogan is an outright racist and a product of the 80s and contemporary of Trump, and has a similarly weird relationship with his daughter. Almost certainly votes Trump

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Docjowles posted:

It’s true. The party that decks themselves out in gently caress JOE BIDEN merch and openly fantasizes about killing people different than themselves are the true paragons of unity and understanding. Shameful of the left to be holding the nation back

i was listening to shortwave/ham radio (i'm not weird) and the first thing i tuned into was a ham conversation where one guy immediately said 'I HOPE THERES A CIVIL WAR. I WANT TO loving SHOOT SOME PEOPLE'

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

smoobles posted:

TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE TRUMP

A NON MOMENTARY LAPSE OF REASON

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Meanwhile, a representative poll of a country of 330 million is 1000 respondents. Twenty-four years ago, a representative poll of a country of 280 million people was… 1000 respondents.

You'd have to poll literally millions of people for that population difference to matter at all. At realistic poll sizes, 280 million is the same as 330 million is the same as 8 billion.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Austin is a wife beater but isn't an overt chud. Probably votes conservative though.

AJ is a flat earther and 100% votes Trump

Jim Cornette is a liberal like Bill Maher is a liberal

Hogan is an outright racist and a product of the 80s and contemporary of Trump, and has a similarly weird relationship with his daughter. Almost certainly votes Trump

The Rock endorsed Biden in 2020, but in general is a closet centre-right conservative.
John Cena endorses nobody but from all I've seen is a closet centre-left liberal.
They're both people pleasers who dont like to rock the boat for business reasons.

Batista and CM Punk meanwhile, lean relatively further left

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

R.L. Stine posted:

i was listening to shortwave/ham radio (i'm not weird) and the first thing i tuned into was a ham conversation where one guy immediately said 'I HOPE THERES A CIVIL WAR. I WANT TO loving SHOOT SOME PEOPLE'

that's not really any different than right wing discord or telegram.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Anyone on a ham radio is probably a weirdo (even if they say they aren't)

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
you can listen to fire and brimstone preachers and insane racists through it online now it's sick. i use it for audio sampling

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

polls used to have a 10% response rate ten years ago, now its more like 0.1% or 0.03%. it was 1.5% even five years ago. given every single respondent is basically an encounter with the lizardmen constant, you only get nutjob shutins

is there a source on this? cause lol

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Bone Crimes posted:

is there a source on this? cause lol

source: i take pollster calls if i see them come in

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Willo567 posted:

So people are freaking out over a new WSJ poll showing Trump leading Biden in most battleground states. I don't get why - it looks like there's a pretty big margin of error here

The margin of error being the WSJ.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

R.L. Stine posted:

A few years back, someone in the YOSPOS radio thread burst out a huge slow-scan TV image that said “REPEAL THE 2ND” over a rainbow flag and showed it hitting a ton of receivers across the US on one of those ham aggregator sites. Needless to say it pissed a whole lot of Ham operators off.

I wish I could find that thread again.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

funeral home DJ posted:

A few years back, someone in the YOSPOS radio thread burst out a huge slow-scan TV image that said “REPEAL THE 2ND” over a rainbow flag and showed it hitting a ton of receivers across the US on one of those ham aggregator sites. Needless to say it pissed a whole lot of Ham operators off.

lmao

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

funeral home DJ posted:

Not sure what a slow scan tv image is but I love this.

Honestly growing up one of my friends dad was a HAM operator and it seemed pretty cool.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MasterSitsu posted:

Batista and CM Punk meanwhile, lean relatively further left

So does Batista's dick

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Every day I get a call from a different number from Abilene,Texas (I’ve never been in or anywhere near Texas). They never leave a voicemail. I wonder if it’s a pollster, but I’ll never find out.

I’m 43 years old, so nowhere near “young.”

P:lol:s are poop. From a butt.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Cannot stop laughing

quote:

Bishop Joseph Strickland, emeritus bishop of Tyler, Texas, will offer a Mass on Monday, April 8, in reparation for reportedly increased Masonic and satanic activity during the upcoming solar eclipse

To counter any Satanic activity, Bishop Strickland will offer the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, asking God’s blessing on the world, redeemed through the Incarnation of Christ. The Mass will be viewable live on LifeSiteNews.

Some Catholics have related the upcoming eclipse with the widely witnessed miracle of the sun at Fatima and the eclipse recorded in Scripture at Christ’s death, taking occasion to call on fellow Catholics to fulfill the requests of Our Lady of Fatima to make reparation for the sins of the world and to pray the rosary for the conversion of sinners.

Marshall said of the eclipse, “I don’t think anything bad is going to happen during the solar eclipse, but I would encourage you, as you read Scripture, as you meditate upon God’s word, realize that the darkness of our culture and the cosmic darkness that shall come toward the end of the reign of the antichrist is a sign of rebellion against the logos, the word of God who is Jesus Christ. He is the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Christ. So turn to Christ who is the son of justice, the son of righteousness.”

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Lmao the Masons are barely even a thing anymore

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Just finished watching this show today.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at fake fighting also causing brain damaged people.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Hi, local Satanist here, and the good Bishop is right to do this, we have so many things planned. We're going to be taking our cardboard and glass to the recycling center after a doctor's appointment and then probably getting a bite to eat. Lots of Satanic activity that coincides with the eclipse.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1776332295965724800

Im glad the camp is not just posting politicians and is posting right wing media

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Cannot stop laughing

Sorry, but I'm not going to stop my sloppy satanic sex during the eclipse just because you pray for it not to happen.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BlackIronHeart posted:

Hi, local Satanist here, and the good Bishop is right to do this, we have so many things planned. We're going to be taking our cardboard and glass to the recycling center after a doctor's appointment and then probably getting a bite to eat. Lots of Satanic activity that coincides with the eclipse.

Recycling For Satan sounds like a teenager's band name.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Jows posted:

Andre was apparently a really good dude. The absolute sweetest guy. Cary Elwes' memoir of Princess Bride has a ton of Andre stories in it just talking about how awesome he was. Also per the Behind the Bastard's on Vince, apparently one of Vince's first rape victims only felt safe telling Andre about it.
andre was a monster and he knew it. the rest...i mean...you don't do that to your body if you have a healthy self esteem you know what i mean? there's a reason most documentaries about wrestlers have them saying "the lights and the crowd! it was like i was an addict!" insecure people are republican. because they're afraid, and want to blame all of that on any outside force rather than look inward. dean caine used to be known as the handsome, muscular guy, kevin sorbo...
andre knew what it was like to be legitimately feared, and he hated it. all of these people know their power is fragile, so they swing it as hard as they can as often as they can.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

MasterSitsu posted:

You forgot Kane being the dipshit chud mayor of Knox County

Adam Page responding to Kane's "why should we help Ukraine" dumbassery with a compilation of chair shots Kane took to the head will live rent-free in my head forever.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Distinguished

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Isn’t Palm Beach County overwhelmingly Democratic?

Trump sure loves his participation trophies!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Elections been called off

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

At least the end of the world will wait for Wrestlemania to be over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

The book is Revelation. Singular. Didn't even read the drat title. SMH.