Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

Poldarn posted:

Any tips for the 110? The times I tried it, it didn't seem to do much.

Sagebrush posted:

It hits the largest target in the area, so you need to use it like the rail cannon but with less power and faster reload. It will often kill a hulk or tank by itself, and two of them certainly will.

Also, as far as I can tell the Eagle flies in from behind you/in beacon throw direction like a strafing run, not perpendicular to the throw like the various air strikes.

This makes it pretty poo poo at moving targets unless you know where they'll be (just throw a stun grenade if it's not a titan), but also means large rocks to either side of you can't block the bombs like you sometimes see with airstrikes.

Presumably you shouldn't have your back to a cliff wall when you throw it out, not sure how high up and what exact angle to the ground the rockets come in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Strong Sauce posted:

they're also all speaking german i guess but i guess germans just leave people behind???
kind of a wack thing to say. also when your team is all running for extract, going in the opposite direction towards an optional objective on the other side of the map is basically just wasting everyone else's time. like either they give in to your implicit demand and turn around to go with you, or they just sit at extract twiddling their thumbs waiting for you to complete that side objective and then run back across the map to them

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
Extracting helldivers is a bonus, extracting samples is priority.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Don't forget that the enemy drops get bigger and harder the longer you wait. Unless you dropped a ton of samples and you really need them, it's best to just let them go and run another mission. And even then, a few samples on board the Pelican is better than all your samples left behind because you ran out of revives.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

to be clear i had the samples, and they already cleared the extraction zone.. or at least they weren't in any immediate danger since i was within sight of the pelican.

LazyMaybe posted:

kind of a wack thing to say. also when your team is all running for extract, going in the opposite direction towards an optional objective on the other side of the map is basically just wasting everyone else's time. like either they give in to your implicit demand and turn around to go with you, or they just sit at extract twiddling their thumbs waiting for you to complete that side objective and then run back across the map to them

im sure the lack of ability to communicate did not have any effect.

also what exactly is the wack part? is there a stereotype that germans leave people behind? because if so, i mean, dang this didn't help their case!

edit: also how is not completing a blue objective worth it?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Sagebrush posted:

Don't forget that the enemy drops get bigger and harder the longer you wait.

They don't.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

you might want to rewatch that leaked gameplay

Rewatched, reviewed, and concluded. It only detonate mid-air if the target is airborne, everything else requires direct impact. So again it's an AA rocket launcher.

Video of leaked weapon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTMifXTY0TY

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 6, 2024

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Strong Sauce posted:

to be clear i had the samples, and they already cleared the extraction zone.. or at least they weren't in any immediate danger since i was within sight of the pelican.
yeah but you're playing a multiplayer game. 3/4 people in the lobby wanted to end the mission, which is why they were running for extraction. you can ignore what the other people in the lobby want, but it shouldn't be a surprise that they're not interested in just sitting at extract doing nothing while they wait for you to do something across the map and then come over. it's not a solo game and your teammates are not playing to wait for you.

Strong Sauce posted:

also what exactly is the wack part? is there a stereotype that germans leave people behind? because if so, i mean, dang this didn't help their case!
no you dunce, it's how you brought up their ethnicity as if it had something to do with their (perceived) bad behavior

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Lol at getting worked up because someone dared to impinge the honor of the German people.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Strong Sauce posted:

im sure the lack of ability to communicate did not have any effect.

edit: also how is not completing a blue objective worth it?

You will quickly reach a point where XP and Requisition are completely meaningless, and blue objectives only slightly increase that. Samples take much longer to acquire.

It’s lovely that they ditched if you had a ton of samples.

But I also don’t like it when people are dicking around doing “Escape Pod” 500m away while I’m trying to extract.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
The 110 rocket pods would be nice if it more reliably hit things, but it will even miss stationary things pretty often so I find it hard to recommend even against bots.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Strong Sauce posted:

probably the most annoyed ive been yet. played a challenging, had a level 7, 2 level 30+.. they are all speaking german so i assume they're a group. they run for the evac zone but i see that one of the blue objectives, destroying the rogue building was still up but on the otherside of the map. i ran to that while they ran for the evac zone. i get there and the objective is bugged so i start running back to the evac zone. as the shuttle lands the level 7 guy just immediately gets on and i'm well outside of the 20 seconds or whatever it is.. they're also all speaking german i guess but i guess germans just leave people behind??? do you lose the samples if you dont evac out?

Tbh that'son you for running off to the other side of the map by yourself

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I like to think the lack of communication went like this:

Helldiver pings a sub objective, runs off.
German players keep saying "nein, nein" on comms and keep spamming the very English "Negative!" on the dialogue wheel.

Helldiver keeps running, does shocked face watching them take off in Pelican 1.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
German is an ethnicity? Just calm down.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Back Hack posted:

Rewatched, reviewed, and concluded. It only detonate mid-air if the target is airborne, everything else requires direct impact. So again it's an AA rocket launcher.

there's another one where the person shoots it over a group of basic automaton infantry and it detonates above them

https://www.reddit.com/r/HellDiversLeaks/comments/1buelsa/new_rocket_launcher_incoming/

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

It was probably three German bros talking about anime or baked schnitzel recipes or a girl in their pottery class and completely ignoring OP.

Also under the Americans with Disabilities Act, German is a protected class so please do not make fun of those beautiful little schmetterling.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
I played with some French guys who spent the entire time laughing and having fun so now I think every Frenchman is chill. Shame about those Germans.

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018
The sandstorm doesn't affect the automatons at all does it?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

there's another one where the person shoots it over a group of basic automaton infantry and it detonates above them

https://www.reddit.com/r/HellDiversLeaks/comments/1buelsa/new_rocket_launcher_incoming/

Do you have a direct link perhaps?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Grimnarsson posted:

The sandstorm doesn't affect the automatons at all does it?
It certainly seems to make their aggro range very small. Not sure if it affects their vision once they are aggroed, though.

RoyalScion posted:

The 110 rocket pods would be nice if it more reliably hit things, but it will even miss stationary things pretty often so I find it hard to recommend even against bots.
I found 110 rockets to hit things just fine, but the resulting damage is not always what I want. Sometimes leaving tanks alive, etc.

Apple Craft posted:

German is an ethnicity? Just calm down.
Ethnicity is always kind of fuzzy, but insofar as the term has meaning, yes. Maybe you're under the impression "ethnicity" means race-it doesn't, it refers to a social group that shares a common culture.
Would you prefer I said nationality, as if it makes any difference in this context? Obviously it's not as if germans are some disenfranchised group, but regardless you shouldn't act as if the country someone's from has anything to do the negative behavior of any given person.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

space uncle posted:

You will quickly reach a point where XP and Requisition are completely meaningless, and blue objectives only slightly increase that. Samples take much longer to acquire.

It’s lovely that they ditched if you had a ton of samples.

But I also don’t like it when people are dicking around doing “Escape Pod” 500m away while I’m trying to extract.
okay that's good to know. i figured there was plenty of time so why not go for it.

to be clear we all started on the red dot and the extraction is orange, the objective i went to get was blue. by the time they got to the extraction point and called in the pelican i was already running there. they would have had to wait about 10 seconds for me to run over to get into the pelican.

anyways. it was more annoying right after the game then it is to me now.

Lobok posted:

I like to think the lack of communication went like this:

Helldiver pings a sub objective, runs off.
German players keep saying "nein, nein" on comms and keep spamming the very English "Negative!" on the dialogue wheel.

Helldiver keeps running, does shocked face watching them take off in Pelican 1.
they did say some german, but no "neins" to me.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
a lvl 7 player might've legit just not realised that jumping in the pelican would start the 20 second timer, either.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

a lvl 7 player might've legit just not realised that jumping in the pelican would start the 20 second timer, either.

they just wanted to watch bluey in the back seat while they waited.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
bah, of course the light armour w/ explosive resist comes back right when the next warbond is just around the corner and buying it would put me below 1k super credits

Back Hack posted:

Video of leaked weapon:

that video doesn't show them ever having a near miss on a ground target. cannot conclude that direct hits are required if they never show what happens if you don't direct hit (or hit the ground)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lol contact mines on Durgen are an absolute menace

I have never died more often or more stupidly

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Mazerunner posted:

bah, of course the light armour w/ explosive resist comes back right when the next warbond is just around the corner and buying it would put me below 1k super credits
just put on a podcast and do some 1 diff farming

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Baiard posted:

I played with some French guys who spent the entire time laughing and having fun so now I think every Frenchman is chill. Shame about those Germans.

The most cheerful and helpful people I have played with have been French-speaking. I wonder why? Maybe because their government doesn't suck rear end so they don't have a deep resentment towards the world.

I also had a lot of fun with three Chinese guys who were very entertained by my Arnold Schwarzenegger soundboard.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

redreader posted:

Every page, about 2-5 people post about 'eagle airstrike is always one of my choices' so I went back to it and used it for a few matches. There was one bot drop that I did a direct hit on and didn't kill a single bot. It doesn't kill the big shield bots or the gundam missile devastator bots. Maybe I'm just bad at video games?

My guess that it's the drat dropships and their geometry blocking everything.

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

d0grent posted:

idk if I like the sickle against bots, I empty almost a whole 'clip' into a devastator and then promptly get blasted into hell

not to be an rear end in a top hat but have you tried just aiming for their faces? I feel like I pop devvy heads like crazy with the sickle, like I'm always surprised by how fast they go down. Plus you can just sweep it over a big pack of little guys at roughly head height and you'll usually get most of them.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Just cleared a bot blitz on difficulty 8 solo, no deaths, every base destroyed. Extracted after the mission timer had ended in the middle of a sandstorm, surrounded by bots. Felt great. Never taking off the stealth armour.

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018

LazyMaybe posted:

It certainly seems to make their aggro range very small. Not sure if it affects their vision once they are aggroed, though.

Just now found out that you can sneak right past them, but in an earlier game it seemed, once the sandstorm came and we were in a fight we couldn't see anything but the automatons could.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!
Buffed AMR is very good, but I still prefer the Quasar for bots and the EAT for bugs, or the AC if I want to rapidly explode things from a distance.

LazyMaybe posted:

Ethnicity is always kind of fuzzy, but insofar as the term has meaning, yes. Maybe you're under the impression "ethnicity" means race-it doesn't, it refers to a social group that shares a common culture.
Would you prefer I said nationality, as if it makes any difference in this context? Obviously it's not as if germans are some disenfranchised group, but regardless you shouldn't act as if the country someone's from has anything to do the negative behavior of any given person.

All I know is Germans like starting world wars.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Back Hack posted:

Do you have a direct link perhaps?

oh, that was the wrong link

https://www.reddit.com/r/HellDiversLeaks/comments/1bvdmwg/airbursts_rocket_launcher_first_port_test_against/

it's at around 1:20

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Just cleared a bot blitz on difficulty 8 solo, no deaths, every base destroyed. Extracted after the mission timer had ended in the middle of a sandstorm, surrounded by bots. Felt great. Never taking off the stealth armour.

Does the stealth armor help you lose bits that already activated or just passive patrols?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

The one where he hits the tower behind the robot?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Ravenfood posted:

Does the stealth armor help you lose bits that already activated or just passive patrols?

it helps you escape and break los

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Xanasar posted:

According to the description of the new warbond on the PlayStation blog, Expert Extraction Pilot Booster lowers the amount of time it takes the extraction shuttle to get to the beacon.

But if it's dead weight until you punch in the extraction sequence, it would have to knock like half of the wait time off before anybody takes it.

If you're going to spend a slot on something that only applies to a very small segment of the mission, it should make the call down 15 seconds. Otherwise it isn't worth it at all. I'd rather have a smaller but consistent buff the entire map.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Extraction is very rarely actually an issue and when it is its basically just the extended time ones, this is probably gonna be a dud of a booster

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I managed to go a whole mission without dying after completing a previous mission I lived a long time in, so at the end of the second mission my Helldiver was still soaked in the blood from two missions ago. It was a first for me but I thought, wow, what a run for this little soldier! As soon as we dropped on mission three my dear friend and battle companion dropped a cluster bomb on me. So long little Helldiver...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://i.imgur.com/ye1uaLF.mp4

I swear this gun just needs like, +50 damage so this poo poo doesn't happen. a gun this slow to shoot and reload should not ever leave a hunter alive after shooting it center mass