Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Any guesses if something will be announced at the Gundam Series 45th Anniversary Special Distribution event happening tomorrow? Toru Furuya, Tomokazu Seki and Kana Ichinose are gonna attend.

It's the 30th anniversary of G Gundam and some people have been speculating that they might talk about an Allenby spinoff that was tossed around as a possible 90s OVA but never got made.

I'm going to guess Hathaway and maybe a remaster of G Gundam or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
God I hope we get some more Hathaway news.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

God I hope we get some more Hathaway news.

A part of me just thought about how if you sent this message back a decade into the past, a lot of English Gundam fans would think you were insane.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ImpAtom posted:

A part of me just thought about how if you sent this message back a decade into the past, a lot of English Gundam fans would think you were insane.

Ten years ago would be debates about hunky violent orphans with everyone still mad about AGE and the only chat about Hathaway would be limited to a small room of fanatics like in Great Teacher Onizuka.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Arc Hammer posted:

Ten years ago would be debates about hunky violent orphans with everyone still mad about AGE and the only chat about Hathaway would be limited to a small room of fanatics like in Great Teacher Onizuka.

So this thread

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

That Works posted:

So this thread

Or the previous thread. I think I only read the tail end of that one before the current thread. Also wow this thread started in 2015.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

G Gundam has already been remastered I think

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
The Witch from Jupiter.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Beyond some Hathaway stuff I'd imagine maybe Witch from Mercury compilation news and probably a new Gundam Game

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ManSedan posted:

The Witch from Jupiter.

https://twitter.com/RussellLatshaw/status/1776667702125289517?t=OtKmLDGCK8r5uXi69MlHlw&s=19

The Big Haro from Side 7.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

my gut feeling is unicorn 2 over hathaway 2

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
10 minute long preview of Requiem for Vengeance.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Arc Hammer posted:

I may be missing the reference, what's this room of fanatics in GTO? Sounds cool, been a while since I watched that (like over 20 years).

I could go for Hathaway 2 so I feel ready to watch Hathaway 1, I want a heaping Hathaway portion.

How about a Crossbone anime? Retro manga adaptations are all the rage.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Heavy Metal posted:

I may be missing the reference, what's this room of fanatics in GTO? Sounds cool, been a while since I watched that (like over 20 years).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzwEbTjqtPM

This is the way gundam chat sounds to outsiders.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzwEbTjqtPM

This is the way gundam chat sounds to outsiders.

That's awesome! I got into Gundam a couple years after GTO, a little before they released the Zeta Gundam us DVD set, so I wouldn't have even gotten that 0080 reference and stuff. But now I'm like hell yeah.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Onmi posted:

Give me Total War: Gundam

Now I want this more than anything.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nuebot posted:

Now I want this more than anything.

There is a Homeworld 2 Gundam mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwm9eGl09c4

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Arc Hammer posted:

Any guesses if something will be announced at the Gundam Series 45th Anniversary Special Distribution event happening tomorrow? Toru Furuya, Tomokazu Seki and Kana Ichinose are gonna attend.

It's the 30th anniversary of G Gundam and some people have been speculating that they might talk about an Allenby spinoff that was tossed around as a possible 90s OVA but never got made.

Allenby spinoff but it's an isekai

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Allenby spinoff but it's an isekai

Well, last isekai Gundam was pretty good. Might be interested.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

OL Haman anime of course

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

They should announce another thunderbolt Gundam film

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

They should but they won't

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Man there is some WILD rear end poo poo in later Thunderbolt.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Stairmaster posted:

They should announce another thunderbolt Gundam film

They should announce three

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Midjack posted:

That's a challenge with any licensed strategy game; there's always a temptation to play the story you know the way you think it goes, and some games go well out of their way to make that approach work. GG in particular suffers from relatively few English speakers fully reading the games so there's a lot of folk wisdom about how the games are "supposed" to work and those assumptions seem to be rarely challenged. Sounds like you've more fully engaged with the game and understand the systems much better than most, well done!

There are also parts that are part of Gundam that you maybe don't think about, like Minovsky Particles. Spreading Minovsky Particles really ups your units survivability, it lets you take engagements that would kill you outright. Positioning is way more important than you think. One of the keys of that is the North Australia territory battle. You really want to get the Zaku's flooding in, in a straight line, while catching them in effectively a net, using single stack Tin Cods as a screen. Learning to properly screen, to add survivability, these are all really important. You might think making 200 Gundams is a smart idea, but... no you really only want your Aces to have Ace machines. Then you want a ranged corp for amassing fire power, and a screen division.

Let's use base earth: Type-61's for the pilots, Fly Mantha (You want a mix, since the former is very tanky, but the latter is more maneuverable) as your 'Grunt' unit, and Tin Cods, later Saberfish, as your screen. Sure a single Tin Cod can't fight back, but if 9 Zaku are shooting one plane... well they aren't wiping out your army. You are going to make trades, and you need them to be in your favor.

Mid-game, yeah you can make Gundams and they're good when they have a pilot... but Ace units (A single model) are nowhere near as strong firepower wise as the Guncannon MP or even the base GM. The former is a great bombardment unit, the latter is great for filling in stacks, in fact you'll often put your Ace's Gundam behind 2 GM units (which are 3 models each) so they eat all the damage, and your Ace is still outputting huge bursts.

Sure I'm going to get shot back but those Powered GM's will be eating the enemy firepower, my GP-04 is going to be fine. Then, when you need to consolidate firepower, form your aces into a stack and have them supported by bombardment.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1776933800112525427?t=-NPkfJ9eI6jQ7ZsZiy7LDg&s=19

There is a G Gundam project in the works but it's unclear what form it'll take. Cool character design.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my enthusiasm is tempered by the sheer number of pointless multimedia projects they put out.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

And the fact that with G-Gundam especially, it's usually just a manga.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Onmi posted:

There are also parts that are part of Gundam that you maybe don't think about, like Minovsky Particles. Spreading Minovsky Particles really ups your units survivability, it lets you take engagements that would kill you outright. Positioning is way more important than you think. One of the keys of that is the North Australia territory battle. You really want to get the Zaku's flooding in, in a straight line, while catching them in effectively a net, using single stack Tin Cods as a screen. Learning to properly screen, to add survivability, these are all really important. You might think making 200 Gundams is a smart idea, but... no you really only want your Aces to have Ace machines. Then you want a ranged corp for amassing fire power, and a screen division.

Let's use base earth: Type-61's for the pilots, Fly Mantha (You want a mix, since the former is very tanky, but the latter is more maneuverable) as your 'Grunt' unit, and Tin Cods, later Saberfish, as your screen. Sure a single Tin Cod can't fight back, but if 9 Zaku are shooting one plane... well they aren't wiping out your army. You are going to make trades, and you need them to be in your favor.

Mid-game, yeah you can make Gundams and they're good when they have a pilot... but Ace units (A single model) are nowhere near as strong firepower wise as the Guncannon MP or even the base GM. The former is a great bombardment unit, the latter is great for filling in stacks, in fact you'll often put your Ace's Gundam behind 2 GM units (which are 3 models each) so they eat all the damage, and your Ace is still outputting huge bursts.

Sure I'm going to get shot back but those Powered GM's will be eating the enemy firepower, my GP-04 is going to be fine. Then, when you need to consolidate firepower, form your aces into a stack and have them supported by bombardment.

Aka Io Fleming and the kids

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1776933800112525427?t=-NPkfJ9eI6jQ7ZsZiy7LDg&s=19

There is a G Gundam project in the works but it's unclear what form it'll take. Cool character design.

70% chance it's a manga
20% chance it is some kind of mobile gatcha game
9% chance it is a fighting game
1% chance it is a new anime.'

Place your bets!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Radio Drama

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Stage drama.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

ARG

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

You have to decode clues on the website to find locations you have to go to in real life to fight someone to unlock the next clue.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gripweed posted:

You have to decode clues on the website to find locations you have to go to in real life to fight someone to unlock the next clue.

This guy has acquired abilities of the Darkweb with the help of ARG!

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Gonna be like whatever SEED Eclipse was.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

They also released celebratory anniversary art

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Arc Hammer posted:

THIS HAND OF MINE IS BURNING RED

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Gripweed posted:

They also released celebratory anniversary art

I enjoy how Heero has a tiny card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hellioning posted:

I enjoy how Heero has a tiny card.

He's holding onto it until the most dramatic moment to tear it up and threaten Ralena.