Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i got scientific notation in a balatro hand score yesterday and i think i'm satisfied with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
just give me the nuts foil starting joker so I can gently caress around with econ for four antes and THEN lose

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Honestly you can have fun in CK3 while barely thinking at all. Just play the character, let failure happen. It's hilarious.

One time in a Game of Thrones mod for CK2 I was poking around the map and saw Robert Baratheon had three bastard children with Stannis's wife lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
ck3 is epic. trying not to get pwned by the black plague is fun.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

goons can't help but be racist

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 minutes!

lobster shirt posted:

Wow. A disease that wiped out 50 million people is "fun" is it?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

it is

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Yes, guy named Dr. Cool Aids

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
they're cool, not fun

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

HopperUK posted:

Honestly you can have fun in CK3 while barely thinking at all. Just play the character, let failure happen. It's hilarious.

One time in a Game of Thrones mod for CK2 I was poking around the map and saw Robert Baratheon had three bastard children with Stannis's wife lol
Yeah, Crusader Kings is great fun for that. Playing it multiplayer is also an incredible time, with the constant backstabs, frontstabs, cheating on spouses, holy wars, schemes, etc. (also in-game)

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Orbs posted:

(also in-game)

lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Yes, it is. And I'm tired of acting like it's not

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Thing is about grinding like that is that it can legit be oddly zen. You have a very simple task in front of you, all you need to go is keep moving ahead and trying. It's like gambling, but way cheaper.

im literally a drakengard fan. you do not need to convince me of poo poo

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Dark Id rereg spotted

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

simply fight cactus enemies for 20 mins til a Golden Globule appears instead. full stop.

I remember this one specifically because I kept searching and searching for one and decided to take a break, and then on the way to do something else I suddenly just found one. DQ11 ftw

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's a great game, but I'm too impatient to get the true ending. Or maybe the game becomes too grindy, hard to say.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
act 3 is grindy as gently caress but its somehow completely holding my attention. how do they do it

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

act 3 is grindy as gently caress but its somehow completely holding my attention. how do they do it

drugs, usually

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
act 3 is also where you really get to play around with all the combat's tools, so the rush of Number Big is enough to carry you through the much weaker setpieces

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

grinding in dragon quest is fun. love to hunt metal slimes. mother gently caress ebaums world -- something awful is way better.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Seeing a New Sword in the shop....Grinding for 20 mins to get the gold to buy it...That's the life.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Seeing a New Sword in the shop....Grinding for 20 mins to get the gold to buy it...That's the life.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

pog boyfriend posted:

grinding in dragon quest is fun. love to hunt metal slimes. mother gently caress ebaums world -- something awful is way better.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

slaying a metal slime is a great feeling

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

finding a gate key that spawns metalkings was a game changing experience in dragon warrior monsters 2

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

That’s why you hoard the swords that hit twice.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i should probably play a dragon quest some day

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why not today

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

every day is a good day to start a dragon quest. xi was my reentry point to the series after a long time and it’s a lot of ridiculous fun.

on the other hand, i am very much regretting my goal of doing a chronological playthrough of the star ocean series

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you aren’t playing Dragons Dogma 2 you are wasting your life. Simple as that.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Wormskull posted:

If you aren’t playing Dragons Dogma 2 you are wasting your life. Simple as that.

A couple days ago I rested in my house and woke up to a little orphan girl and a random nun kicking my door in. I know the little girl likes me because I did her quest chain, but idk what the nun's deal is. They just run the orphanage and poor hospital. I think I might have saved her from wolves in the wilderness?

Anyway the nun gave me a specialization scroll for my pawn, then she turned around and started slapping the poo poo out of the little girl. I tried picking her up and taking her back down to the nun house, but she wouldn't stop following me and brawling with the little girl. I finally got them split apart by climbing onto a rooftop.

Got an achievement out of it though.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

only 10 chapters of dungeon meshi left qq

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wormskull posted:

I'm sad to say that I'm playing Balatro.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Paladinus posted:

I'm happy to say that I'm playing Balatro.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Who closes the pog bf picture thread

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Sanrio bought the rights to Mr Men which makes perfect sense

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Radia posted:

Who closes the pog bf picture thread

in it voted 5

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Paladinus posted:

I'm sad to say that I'm playing Balatro.

Fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Sanrio bought the rights to Mr Men which makes perfect sense

There isn’t really any other business I can think of whose business is just “cute stuff”. I would assume anything cute is either owned by Sanrio will be owned by Sanrio, or is a miscellaneous media property of Mega Disney l