Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

I don't think they do, it's just a detail they do once for a narrative purpose.

Well, at the very least I won't run out of lantern oil ever. I don't think it's ever been a problem in DD2 but I'll have 99 at all times from here on out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Lantern oil reminds me, the crafting and cooking felt a bit half baked too. Why can't I mix different kinds of meat to make dried meat? Why can I only cook beast scrags and not the fish?? loving weird.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Vargs posted:

Archer wasting so many of its skills on this and separate abilities for consumable arrows is the worst.

Yeah and tbh the game isn't hard enough that I've even bothered loving with the consumable arrows almost at all. Last thing I need in this game is more inventory to manage.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Lantern oil reminds me, the crafting and cooking felt a bit half baked too. Why can't I mix different kinds of meat to make dried meat? Why can I only cook beast scrags and not the fish?? loving weird.

Because the developers weren't hungry for fish that day.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

My guess is that they made little videos for the beef and called it a day. Yeah it's very half baked though.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

This loving colossus, man. A fun fight in theory, but the weak point on the upper left arm is 100% impossible to hit with melee attacks no matter where I am, and my pawns refuse to do enough damage to it, so I had to restart the entire fight and swap vocations just so I could kill it before the guards stole the credit.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Thundarr posted:

This loving colossus, man. A fun fight in theory, but the weak point on the upper left arm is 100% impossible to hit with melee attacks no matter where I am, and my pawns refuse to do enough damage to it, so I had to restart the entire fight and swap vocations just so I could kill it before the guards stole the credit.

One of the weak points was floating in the air like 20 feet away from him when I did it. Couldn't do anything as a thief.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
That fight was so anticlimactic for me. My pawn cast one maelstrom while it was getting out of the water and it knocked off every weak point from the waist up. I knocked off the two on the legs and found you just have to let it walk to the prescribed location at the gate before the fight ends

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Turns out even with warfarer debuffs, each weak point only takes 1 or 2 Sagittate Avalances to destroy. All that time wasted on knives when the climb geometry was saying gently caress knives.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 6, 2024

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Trying to figure out use to use my wyrmcrystals (after getting the portcrystal, unmaking arrow, and ferrystones of course). Guess it depends partly on which vocations I decide to stick with once I've maxed them all (at which point I'll do the thing that gives a stat bonus for that vocation).

I'm curious how big the damage bonus can get for the weapons with special conditions, like the big sword that does more damage when you get hurt.

Deformed Church posted:

Is there something I'm missing about making regular archer not suck? I kept thinking "maybe next level I'll unlock a skill that doesn't make me with I was playing literally anything else" but that never played out.

Tbh Archer does feel really weak in the later game unless you start spamming explosive arrows. Otherwise I basically need to unload the machine gun skill directly into a weak point to even do damage in the vague ballpark of other vocations.

It's convenient for killing weak enemies, though, since you can just headshot random goblins.

Thundarr posted:

I was shot off the Colossus's shoulder by one of the ballista guys and died due to the drop lol

So, uh, just hope that doesn't happen. Not sure how to reasonably avoid that.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 6, 2024

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ytlaya posted:

I was shot off the Colossus's shoulder by one of the ballista guys and died due to the drop lol

So, uh, just hope that doesn't happen. Not sure how to reasonably avoid that.

I got swatted off the shoulder when the colossus noticed me, and fell almost all the way down.. until my pawn caught me! But since he was standing on the side of a cliff he immediately slipped, dropped me, and I fell the rest of the way down for about half my health lol.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Speaking of, why are we trying to stop that thing anyway?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I read that the only thing you get for stopping the Colossus is experience, which I didn't want, so I just left

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I gave Sara the Eternal Bond ring right before setting off to the point of no return, talking to no other NPCs on the way.
Dragon: "So this is your beloved, then?" and he presents Brokkr.

Truly, this is Dragon's Dogma.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

I read that the only thing you get for stopping the Colossus is experience, which I didn't want, so I just left

Talos? No it also Defeats 2 dragons in the Unmoored World

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The sphinx is such cool character design I absolutely love it. The way she cocks her head upside down is so delightfully unnerving

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

The sphinx is such cool character design I absolutely love it. The way she cocks her head upside down is so delightfully unnerving
Yeah, they did an amazing job on her animations (and the sound effects/music/anticipation as she leans down to stare at you).

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Based on some endgame spoilers I accidentally moused over, is it correct that if I stop all but one of the red laser beams, I have as much time as I want to gently caress around in apocalypse world? Or am I on a time limit no matter what?

And I guess does talking to water shrine guy get me stuck into sequence of events I can't get out of?

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Umm. My pawn had the pawn STD and just massacred everyone in Venworth. I did get the tutorial when I hired a random pawn, but I was curious. Then I dismissed her later when I did not notice anything. Then days later I sleep and my own pawn murders everyone. I did not even notice he had it. He was not sassy or say anything out of the ordinary. Anyone know what to do now? I did not check if any quests are broken. I pretty much only had the Brant stuff with the masked ball left before I was going to Bakbattahl. I don't have an Eternal Wakestone. Do I just sleep for two weeks and will people start resurrecting or am I better off rezzing a few key vendors with normal wakestones?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Thundarr posted:

Based on some endgame spoilers I accidentally moused over, is it correct that if I stop all but one of the red laser beams, I have as much time as I want to gently caress around in apocalypse world? Or am I on a time limit no matter what?

And I guess does talking to water shrine guy get me stuck into sequence of events I can't get out of?

The point of absolute no return is the red light in the seafloor shrine that spawns after evacuations are resolved

As to the first question Ive not tested but my understanding is: stop all the red lights (including talos fight thing) stops the fog advance, but You still have limited rests before it will just stop letting you

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sioux posted:

Umm. My pawn had the pawn STD and just massacred everyone in Venworth. I did get the tutorial when I hired a random pawn, but I was curious. Then I dismissed her later when I did not notice anything. Then days later I sleep and my own pawn murders everyone. I did not even notice he had it. He was not sassy or say anything out of the ordinary. Anyone know what to do now? I did not check if any quests are broken. I pretty much only had the Brant stuff with the masked ball left before I was going to Bakbattahl. I don't have an Eternal Wakestone. Do I just sleep for two weeks and will people start resurrecting or am I better off rezzing a few key vendors with normal wakestones?

Lol I got that same tutorial and haven't noticed anything yet, my pawn even said "hey guess what I heard"

Good luck everybody else

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sioux posted:

You didn't catch the red eyes? All the NPCs that are dead will stay dead regardless of how much you rest, but some of them automatically seem to get replaced by different people. That's what happened for me with two of the regular vendors in Bakbattahl. You could go and check if there are still vendors at the market square.

If you've already done all the quests you wanted to, I don't think it's a huge deal. Just selectively resurrect people if you need them as a crucial vendor or a quest NPC. Or better yet, go and get the Eternal Wakestone from the sphinx as soon as possible, I think it works even if all the bodies have already been moved to the morgue. Get a forgery made before you use it, though, apparently the forgery works exactly the same, so you'll still have a spare one even after using the original.

e: here's my post from earlier recounting what happened to me (spoilers):

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 7, 2024

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I finished the saintess of the slums quest. I then went to go do the "get the magistrate out of jail" quest I'd been sitting on forever, marched him out right in front of the guards with no reaction from them, and checked the jail a bit later to find this:

Then I started the masquerade quest. the false sovran wasn't in the masquerade hall and there was no other info about what to do, so I checked the secret room in the back. This updated the quest and put a map marker on the brothel, except the door out of the secret room wouldn't open, unlike the first time I found it. So I jumped from the wall into the top floor of the brothel, ran through the map marker, ran all around the whole place, and nothing happened. finally running back and forth over the map marker a second time triggered a cutscene as if I had entered from the secret masquerade exit and progressed the quest.

I don't know why they still have so many city quests when they're like this.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I've tossed Jonas (Harve village mayor or whatever) into the brine three times and he keeps coming back :mad:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I really hope the Travelogue isn't randomly generated, as I suspected it might be, because I just got this:

All three lines about her being a badass

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Also how is archer dude's rear end so powerful

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Kild posted:

Talos? No it also Defeats 2 dragons in the Unmoored World

Incidentally it looks like you might not be able to trigger that if you defeat the Talos by petrifying it. At least, I cannot for the life of me seem to trigger "When Wills Collide".

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I can't tell if my pawns got the rabies or if everyone's just squabbling lmao. I love that it's a mechanic to be worried about, you really have to pay attention to your team now.

Also so far Mystic Spearhand seems need but a lot more awkward than Thief.

Owl Inspector posted:

Massterworks all, you can't go wrong

Phlegmish posted:

I really hope the Travelogue isn't randomly generated, as I suspected it might be, because I just got this:

All three lines about her being a badass

Mine keeps telling me he keeps getting his rear end beat and has regular small talk asking everyone to not remind him of it

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 7, 2024

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Interesting quirk i just discovered, if you revisit the cliff you jump off of with rook in the opening, your pawns are very likely to just run off the edge. I was annoyed at first but the pawns come right back like nothing happened

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It just occurred to me I could've stayed on the dragon at Melve and gone on a fun adventure. Anyone know where it heads to?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

It just occurred to me I could've stayed on the dragon at Melve and gone on a fun adventure. Anyone know where it heads to?

I tried that but just fell off for no reason once it started going, I don't think you can ride it back to the "nest" like with Griffins.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Owl Inspector posted:

Tis cheeks o' fire, Arisen!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Clocks posted:

Yeah, they did an amazing job on her animations (and the sound effects/music/anticipation as she leans down to stare at you).

The english voice is also 10/10 perfect. Sphinx owns.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Thundarr posted:

Stormgale posted:

The point of absolute no return is the red light in the seafloor shrine that spawns after evacuations are resolved

As to the first question Ive not tested but my understanding is: stop all the red lights (including talos fight thing) stops the fog advance, but You still have limited rests before it will just stop letting you

Stormgale is correct on both counts. Remember you can kill yourself with Godsway and use a wakestone to restore your max hp. And hire new pawns to restore theirs.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I just used allheal elixers

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
You're supposed to save your elixers for the final boss and then not use them just in case there is another boss after the final one.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

My Grandma pawn WILL complain all the time, be snarky about most actions the player takes, and split the heavens with her magick.

ZEG6IGHTC9F6 if you need a lvl 50 chaos grandma in your party.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
how the hell are you supposed to figure out the true ending trigger naturally lmao

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just ran into a "wild" pawn on the road whose face is covered in shadow aura and I can't talk to.

What's up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Thumbtacks posted:

how the hell are you supposed to figure out the true ending trigger naturally lmao

There's a giant clue in the opening cutscene