Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

During AEW Collision Saturday, a graphic ran saying that Young Bucks will present backstage footage from AEW All In, and will discuss for the first time. Many took this as being some sort of troll or bait, but everyone around the situation we've spoken to at least claims that it is genuine, and footage from the CM Punk/Jack Perry altercation is expected to air. Specifically, it was reiterated to us by numerous people in AEW that the company isn't going to falsely promote something, much less like that.

The talent and staff that immediately inquired were told that the plan is legitimately to air the footage.

Regarding questions of legalities, that doesn't appear to be an issue.

It is worth noting that Young Bucks are involved in a tag team tournament that FTR are still active in, the latter of whom are publicly close with CM Punk. When we asked talent and staff on the roster how they thought that would work out, one veteran said "I'd be surprised if FTR weren't given a heads up. I can't say for certain they were, but if I know Tony the way I think I do, they would have at least been given a fair warning it was coming because he respects them a lot."

Those in AEW we've spoken to say that they're of the belief that the video was enough for the company to make a clean split without much of an issue or a legal battle. The footage hasn't been made available internally to anyone we've spoken.

My god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

FTR Hair is gonna pull a gun on them

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1776854453561499889

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1776852654003765388

Well.

Buckle up, I guess.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The secret is that the footage is very embarrassing for Phil.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This is peak wrestling and it'd be 100% funny if Punk running his mouth ended up embarrassing him again

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The DJ Whoo Kid cameo in the footage will be legendary

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
if this is just a massive bait and switch after all of this, does it burn aew good will with the dirt sheets? is it just a lame promotional tactic that WON readers vote high up?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is 100% because they know Punk already violated whatever NDA they agreed to by running his mouth at a Helwani softball question, and figured this was funnier/pettier than taking him to court and preventing themselves from moving on any earlier than years from now

And hell, it is funny, so

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

KungFu Grip posted:

if this is just a massive bait and switch after all of this, does it burn aew good will with the dirt sheets? is it just a lame promotional tactic that WON readers vote high up?

Again, SRS was saying he got this from people at WBD and outside the wrestling business, that'd be a pretty loving intricate bait and switch.

In the case that it was, yes, SRS and Meltzer would probably be real pissed.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The DJ Whoo Kid cameo in the footage will be legendary

Subtitles: drat that big Hawaiian dude is goin nuts!!!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

This is 100% because they know Punk already violated whatever NDA they agreed to by running his mouth at a Helwani softball question, and figured this was funnier/pettier than taking him to court and preventing themselves from moving on any earlier than years from now

And hell, it is funny, so

Maybe they'll air the footage and sue Punk for violating the NDA.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
the fact that this is happening at 2:30 am between wrestlemania nights is so loving funny

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ, this is one of those situations where literally everyone comes off loving TERRIBLY.

Also this is a hot take around these parts but I genuinely believe AEW's booking has gone to utter poo poo. FTR/Bucks again? Hard pass, even though it was obviously coming, and the rankings came back, but they are HILARIOUSLY nonsensical and don't matter worth a drat. TK's booking when he planned almost everything in advance was actually great, so basically like, the beginning through Hanger's title reign was great, everything since Punk came in has been a shadow of what AEW was.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Apr 7, 2024

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Fart Radio posted:

the fact that this is happening at 2:30 am between wrestlemania nights is so loving funny

Tony has figured out how to weaponize Punk's innate skill at taking all the focus off of a ppv.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
only looks terrible for aew if it back fires or is just a Elite Bit after the hype, like why is elite presenting it why not Tony himself. As of right now its just feels desperate. Why not just be a youtube video upload, or some post on twitter?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
On the one hand it would be very funny to see the footage of Punk going apeshit because he can't handle someone young enough to be his son showing him any sort of attitude that isn't blindly worshiping the ground he walks on.

On the other hand it's not helping to beat the WCW 2000 Allegations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

only looks terrible for aew if it back fires or is just a Elite Bit after the hype, like why is elite presenting it why not Tony himself. As of right now its just feels desperate. Why not just be a youtube video upload, or some post on twitter?

The Bucks are gonna use the footage (which is going to be real) to lift Jack Perry's suspension and bring him into the New Elite.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

It looks terrible because they're reacting to someone being petty and childish by...being quite possibly even more petty and childish.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, but replace it with "never get into a petty contest with CM Punk".

OR if they're doing this for a wink wink nudge nudge "funny" angle or whatever, that's an even worse look.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Oh I'm sure the arrogant duplicicitous hypocritial heels (that's wrestling for bad guys) are going to make good on their extraordinary promise.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Pylons posted:

The Bucks are gonna use the footage (which is going to be real) to lift Jack Perry's suspension and bring him into the New Elite.

Yeah and they dont actually need to air the footage to do that with all the other winking and nudging they're doing for the New Elite gimmick already. So it already also being a Young Bucks/Elite bit is making it lame. Why do some shoot worked shoot poo poo about a guy not in your company anymore but using him as a thing to get ratings for your show and an angle? That's whats making it feel incredibly desperate and carny

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

it's pretty funny

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Like what does actually doing this do? Prove aew right? prove Punk wrong? Guess what in this current era no one will actually give a poo poo. The majority of AEW fans already dont care about Punk that much and the deranged WWE and Punk fans dont care what AEW says or shows. They could show Punk toppling tvs onto Tony Khan's head and the insane wwe fans on twitter will be like "HELL YEAH PUNK SHOW COKE HEAD TOONEY KHAN'T WHATS UP"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Again I think the footage is really embarrassing for Punk.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

keithy george posted:

Oh I'm sure the arrogant duplicicitous hypocritial heels (that's wrestling for bad guys) are going to make good on their extraordinary promise.

Well then it's a stupid, bad, poo poo-rear end, stupid, cringe-worthy angle.

Like seriously no matter how this shakes out, it is a genuinely terrible choice.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

it's pretty funny

I extremely disagree, personally.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
so what punk sucks at fighting everyone already knows that and again neither side will change their perspective on it unless Punks on footage dropping slurs or something to really ruin his reputation besides most gotten too fragile man in existence

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

KungFu Grip posted:

Like what does actually doing this do? Prove aew right? prove Punk wrong? Guess what in this current era no one will actually give a poo poo.

It could humiliate CM Punk, isn't that enough?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Jesus Christ, this is one of those situations where literally everyone comes off loving TERRIBLY.

Also this is a hot take around these parts but I genuinely believe AEW's booking has gone to utter poo poo. FTR/Bucks again? Hard pass, even though it was obviously coming, and the rankings came back, but they are HILARIOUSLY nonsensical and don't matter worth a drat. TK's booking when he planned almost everything in advance was actually great, so basically like, the beginning through Hanger's title reign was great, everything since Punk came in has been a shadow of what AEW was.

Since it's the Hell thread, I'll agree. AEW's booking has been so bad the past like 8 months or so (since around Wembley), but I really feel like Brawl Out is when the wind got let out of the sails for the whole company. The MJF face run was unwatchable and while Joe winning and the continental tournament were good, I still feel like it's impossible to care about anyone outside of the world title scene and whoever the new signing of the week is, because those are the only people who are guaranteed to show up on TV.

But you're right, everyone here sucks. Punk's a stupid petty rear end in a top hat, Perry's a total dipshit, and Tony has too much of a weird vindictive internet brain. Hopefully our big hawaiian boy looks cool breaking it up at least.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Drakkel posted:

On the one hand it would be very funny to see the footage of Punk going apeshit because he can't handle someone young enough to be his son showing him any sort of attitude that isn't blindly worshiping the ground he walks on.

On the other hand it's not helping to beat the WCW 2000 Allegations.

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1776867605594165362

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i think someone is trying to bring ecw back still

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ECW can loving stay dead, jesus.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB!

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
they're going to air the tape and it's Shida telling Asuka to eliminate Rossy

KungFu Grip posted:

That's whats making it feel incredibly desperate and carny

desperate and carny is punching down several times at a 'secondary' promotion during the weekend of you biggest show of the year, to let everyone know phil lydon and triple grindset are totally not mad and/or gotten to

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
thought wwe looked like lovely losers constantly bringing up aew when this should be their victory lap for somehow coming out of the vince poo poo as scot-free as they are on their big weekend

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

if you don’t think seeing tony khan buried underneath a pile of monitors is funny and something that should be shown, maybe you don’t get pro wrestling

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Pylons posted:

Again I think the footage is really embarrassing for Punk.

why else would they show it

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

supposedly the footage shows punk making GBS threads his pants full of doodoo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AIRGold_/status...%5Es1_&ref_url=

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What in tarnation

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Well then it's a stupid, bad, poo poo-rear end, stupid, cringe-worthy angle.

Like seriously no matter how this shakes out, it is a genuinely terrible choice.

I extremely disagree, personally.

only wwe are allowed to take shots at other promotions

gently caress them up take the shot tony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
What's the matter sid, forget your scissors