Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Brita on the tap or a real one that takes up a grip of the basement and costs an entire tax refund?

I got one of those, though it was well beyond my skill to install. Had my Plumber Guy take care of that.

So much granite sediment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
coffee filter rubber banded over the noozle

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My wife copped a rain barrel for the garden for a song. The reason it was so cheap?

It was previously used to store garlic

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
you take care of your plumber guy and this is the thanks you get!!!

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Brita on the tap or a real one that takes up a grip of the basement and costs an entire tax refund?

Nary a leak in sight OP

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

My wife copped a rain barrel for the garden for a song. The reason it was so cheap?

lmao

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

MrQwerty posted:

the chicken noodle green chile stew?

excellent

:hai:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Nary a leak in sight OP

Nice work op :hai:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Nary a leak in sight OP

nice work but why bother when we'll all soon perish due to the impending eclipse fueled armageddon

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

the chicken noodle green chile stew?

excellent

How green was it? Like a big pot of bubbling green?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

i think i will wake my family up with the smell of spam and eggs on this fine morning

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Luvcow posted:

nice work but why bother when we'll all soon perish due to the impending eclipse fueled armageddon
Shan't speculate

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

y'all speculating to go against wifes orders?

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

wife told me to grout the shower this weekend. Nary a speck of work done nor grout copped. Whats the best shower grout?

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

she also copped some kind of bathtub/shower wall refinisher that I am to install and is going to come out horrible and i will prob cop a death from the fumes but wifes orders stand.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Maudib Arakkis posted:

y'all speculating to go against wifes orders?

nope, diy stuff is fun, and you get the added bonus of getting a free high from the deadly fumes

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Why are we talking like this?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

lol one of the many coolers & freezers at work is called "the subway cooler" because we bought it for like $50 from a subway that was closing down.

one of those tall ones for 20oz drinks and salads and stuff, presumably didn't actually hold any subs, but the subway smell was so caked into that thing it took WEEKS of trying charcoal, baking soda, bleach, you name it to get the stank out of it

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 7, 2024

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

I meant caulk instead of grout. Reddit (the best place to find original content on the web) says 100% silicone is a must cop.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

Why are we talking like this?

Simply the parlance of our time op

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
perhaps this necessitates a SAD thread to get more input on grout vs caulk

but it seems if we had a gbs feedback thread we could benefit from the same discussion there

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Luvcow posted:

perhaps this necessitates a SAD thread to get more input on grout vs caulk

but it seems if we had a gbs feedback thread we could benefit from the same discussion there

Place looks to be in disarray

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

you grout then caulk

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

3 DONG HORSE posted:

you grout then caulk

Havnt any tiles

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Gout and cock

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

This mess is in a state of disarray

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Maudib Arakkis posted:

This mess is in a state of disarray

Going to start with seeing if the leatherman makes a dent. Caulk looks to be some highly rubberized mess sealed to a cheap plastic liner

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Havnt any tiles

oh then idk sry

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

sounds like you got pirate problems

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Yall reckon ace hardware will be considerable more expensive than Home Depot?

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Fortuneatly our forebears look to have used the wrong kind of caulk and it’s coming out fairly easy

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Fortuneatly our forebears look to have used the wrong kind of caulk and it’s coming out fairly easy

it's probably super old and degraded op

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Yall reckon ace hardware will be considerable more expensive than Home Depot?

Absolutely but you’ll be in and out sooner. Time is money op.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
OB, 3M kitchen and bathroom is the best silicon caulk. Use painters tape to set your line for the caulk or it'll look like some drunk hillbilly did it.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I have a tiny caulk

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
ace is teh place with the helpful hardware folks, hth

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

pencilhands posted:

I have a tiny caulk

it's good for precision work

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Literally A Person posted:

OB, 3M kitchen and bathroom is the best silicon caulk. Use painters tape to set your line for the caulk or it'll look like some drunk hillbilly did it.

Gotta make sure you use good caulk in the shower. If your caulk is gonna get soaked anywhere, it'll probably get soaked in the shower.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Literally A Person posted:

Drunk hillbilly is in now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

this mess is not good