Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Lol at dropping the weights. That's not impressive in the slightest and makes her look like a freak who's having some kind of temper tantrum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Jet Jaguar posted:

Golf is the worst and every course should be converted into public housing. I'd like to see somebody buy one of his lovely properties at fire sale prices and do just that.

What about the proposal to turn golf courses into sex forests?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

JFC the knee and back destruction.....

Yeah do NOT do this, it's aone way trip to a badinjury and without any real benifit while oyu arent paralysed

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
With the power of faith no tendon can snap like over chewed gum.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I had never actually seen cross fit before and had only heard it was a bad way to properly train.

I'm not sure I buy that these people are actually doing something so obviously stupid. This is some kind of joke, right?

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
It looks like normal crossfit training to me (which is to say, dumb, with bad exercise selection and no clear focus)

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

MettleRamiel posted:

A recent wild Trump lol.

An acquaintance posted on Facebook about how scared she is about the possibility of Trump being elected again and her cousin Kramered in to say how she should be relieved because of how he's such a strong advocate for good, especially women.

When I responded about his desire of gently caress his daughter, the rape conviction and "grab 'em by the pussy", she asked me to provide proof of any of that because people say bad things about Trump all the time without any proof.

After confirming with her that she was actually serious about never hearing any of that, ESPECIALLY "grab the by the pussy", I sent her all the links a cursory google search could provide making sure that they included sound clips of him saying these things.

Fully expecting her to just call them deepfakes, she went an unexpected route.

She told me first that all the men in her family have said and likely done worse things than that and she still loves them.

The she told me that she is confident that if she scrolls through my Facebook history, she will easily be able to find examples of me also being a hypocrite and if I didn't drop this Trump bashing now, she would dig it up and show everyone.

When I asked her if she really thinks my problem with the examples I sent her was Trump being a hypocrite and if she has ever considered telling the police about her family's admission to rape and "worse" she blocked me.

I've been in constant fear she is going to out my hypocrisy any day now

*laughs seth roganishly*

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

When the animation/effects started I thought it was someone making fun of her, turning her into a gorilla. I wonder why she thinks that looks good, all those blobby colors and poo poo, just ZERO taste in anything.

I know, I know, it's MTG, I'm just saying.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
But why hasn’t she crippled herself yet? Why not done??

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

MettleRamiel posted:

A recent wild Trump lol.

An acquaintance posted on Facebook about how scared she is about the possibility of Trump being elected again and her cousin Kramered in to say how she should be relieved because of how he's such a strong advocate for good, especially women.

When I responded about his desire of gently caress his daughter, the rape conviction and "grab 'em by the pussy", she asked me to provide proof of any of that because people say bad things about Trump all the time without any proof.

After confirming with her that she was actually serious about never hearing any of that, ESPECIALLY "grab the by the pussy", I sent her all the links a cursory google search could provide making sure that they included sound clips of him saying these things.

Fully expecting her to just call them deepfakes, she went an unexpected route.

She told me first that all the men in her family have said and likely done worse things than that and she still loves them.

The she told me that she is confident that if she scrolls through my Facebook history, she will easily be able to find examples of me also being a hypocrite and if I didn't drop this Trump bashing now, she would dig it up and show everyone.

When I asked her if she really thinks my problem with the examples I sent her was Trump being a hypocrite and if she has ever considered telling the police about her family's admission to rape and "worse" she blocked me.

I've been in constant fear she is going to out my hypocrisy any day now
Facebook led me to completely cut contact with one branch of my family when I made a (really mild) joke about Trump and my uncle came screaming in with a furious tirade about how great he is and why I should be grateful that he had the guts to stand up to the [racism alarm starts hooting at top volume]. This was a few years after my cousin went full Tea Party explaining why it's actually good that fat Midwestern dentists should be allowed to go to Africa to shoot endangered species with high-powered sniper rifles and bring bits of them home as trophies.

Can't say I miss 'em.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

cross fit is a conspiracy by orthopedic surgeons to get more people to destroy their knees and spines

I would believe it since cleaning their workout area is also something that isn't promoted.

https://i.imgur.com/TD5QTeQ.mp4

This dude got really lucky but there are plenty of stories of people doing this and paralyzing themselves.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Also, before I forget, what is it with conservatives doing this performative nonsense like punching trees as if that makes them correct? Like...................what?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Momomo posted:

I had never actually seen cross fit before and had only heard it was a bad way to properly train.

I'm not sure I buy that these people are actually doing something so obviously stupid. This is some kind of joke, right?

Monica Bellucci posted:

Cross fit is one of those things where you think it can't possibly be as dumb as people make it out to be but it is, in fact, worse.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Butterwagon posted:

It looks like normal crossfit training to me (which is to say, dumb, with bad exercise selection and no clear focus)

The lifts are far worse than normal crossfit crap. How the hell her back isnt chronically hurting, I have no idea.

Maybe it is and thats why she's so insane?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Gangs of crossfitters roaming the countryside stealing large truck tires to flip over

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Tree Bucket posted:

Like that weird downward hummock skiing sport.
Mogul skiing? Yeah, that’s wild poo poo and hell on the knees

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

One...

One...

One...

C'mon, finish a full rep before you drop

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The lifts are far worse than normal crossfit crap. How the hell her back isnt chronically hurting, I have no idea.

Maybe it is and thats why she's so insane?

No, this is pretty normal crossfit crap

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

MTG is going to shinespark through her garage ceiling if she keeps exercising like that.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
she cheated on her husband with a Zangief cosplayer, lol

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

priznat posted:

But why hasn’t she crippled herself yet? Why not done??

Baby Jesus watches over her, obviously.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

kazil posted:

Sorry to derail the Crossfit thread but here's Trump

lol the Saudi golf league that funnels Trump money

He says enjoy like it's his gift to me. Thanks for the treat Diaper Don.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Shattered vertebrae: Drake no

Healing opportunity: Drake yes

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Fishmasher posted:

Her base is just glad it was not Balrog cosplayer

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Bottom Liner posted:

Humpty Trumpty lookin rear end

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Monica Bellucci posted:

Cross fit is one of those things where you think it can't possibly be as dumb as people make it out to be but it is, in fact, worse.

ah yes the buttcoin of exercise "that sounds dumb, you must be explaining it wrong"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

An acquaintance of mine who is a big time chud (purely selfish reasons, no actual belief in anything or grandstanding banner-waving poo poo but big on the WATCHING MOVIES kind of virtue signalling) frequently gives off fun signals I can use to identify what right-wing memes he has been paying attention to.

Like when Trump said he won the election "BY A LAAHHT", this guy immediately started saying "BY A LAAAHHT" in exactly the same wide-mouthed drawly way no matter what the context. So that was an easy clock

In the last couple of days it's been "svelte". I forget which article or whatever it was that "broke" the "news" that Trump was suddenly all thin and athletic because he's on Ozempic, but it used the word "svelte" and that was apparently one of those trigger words because now this guy has suddenly started saying "svelte" all the time. Only because he will read a word and not actually know how it is pronounced, and because he will frequently swap "I" and "L" letters in words (one time he thought Quaife transmissions were "Qualfe", pronounced "qual-fee", and he said this to a customer he was trying to sell a custom transmission build to, lmao, and when I challenged him on it he said he called the company and the lady answering the phone pronounced it "qual-fee" so shut the gently caress up, lmao), he says it "sveite", pronounced "svyte".

I don't know where or when he has the time to pick this poo poo up but it's like tracking an animal through the underbrush using your keen-eyed ranger skills of "look for the giant muddy three-toed footprints full of beer"

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

6’3” 215 lbs.

Jealous?! :smugdon:

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

limp_cheese posted:

This dude got really lucky but there are plenty of stories of people doing this and paralyzing themselves.

SA linked me a video of a dude paralyzing himself one time. That video is burned in my memory.
I avoid exercising fail videos because they just go bad in their own special way.
Bodies get bent in ways, that they should not be bent.

Greene probably has the best healthcare in the world, and has a job that allows for a lot of rest and recovery.
And she probably doesn't go that hard into crossfit every day because it's more like part of her acting/brand, video series.
She probably won't paralyze herself any time soon .

mazzi Chart Czar fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 8, 2024

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Small Strange Bird posted:

Facebook led me to completely cut contact with one branch of my family when I made a (really mild) joke about Trump and my uncle came screaming in with a furious tirade about how great he is and why I should be grateful that he had the guts to stand up to the [racism alarm starts hooting at top volume]. This was a few years after my cousin went full Tea Party explaining why it's actually good that fat Midwestern dentists should be allowed to go to Africa to shoot endangered species with high-powered sniper rifles and bring bits of them home as trophies.

Can't say I miss 'em.

i would simply not have relatives who are from here. doesn't avoid the brainworms of another sort though.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Catastrophe posted:

Also, before I forget, what is it with conservatives doing this performative nonsense like punching trees as if that makes them correct? Like...................what?

Because they are obsessed with physical strength as if it justifies their lovely arguments. Same reason they think yelling louder over criticism of their points makes them more valid - Brute Strength is all they care about.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

insularis posted:

Phineas Gage is my go to argument against the existence of a soul. Who you are, at the core, being directly affected by biological structure, negates the idea of an "immutable personality" for me.

You just don't get it, Phineas Gage had a soul defect which God corrected by sending that iron rod through his skull. It's like hitting the tv when it's fuzzy

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
LOL

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tai posted:

I can't get over how loving dumb this is

Post ITT when you can't get over how loving dumb this is

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Fishmasher posted:

If he can pull off a good Zangief cosplay then go get that strange Margie.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Bottom Liner posted:

Lmao at that think piece claiming he was looking svelte from ozempic

Humpty dumpty lookin rear end

Humpty Trumpty can't build a wall
Humpty Trumpty had a perfect call.
All the lands lawyers and moneyed men
Couldn't get Trumpty elected again

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

QuarkJets posted:

You just don't get it, Phineas Gage had a soul defect which God corrected by sending that iron rod through his skull. It's like hitting the tv when it's fuzzy
Like blowing on an NES cartridge

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Stink Billyums posted:

nah that's how they do it at the crossfit championships

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3rFDPyhg9w&t=237s

Lmao there’s a side shot like 15 seconds after the video starts of like 6 dudes in a row all HGH-tummied out

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Trump’s neck looks like his spine is collapsing. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Data Graham posted:

An acquaintance of mine who is a big time chud (purely selfish reasons, no actual belief in anything or grandstanding banner-waving poo poo but big on the WATCHING MOVIES kind of virtue signalling) frequently gives off fun signals I can use to identify what right-wing memes he has been paying attention to.

Like when Trump said he won the election "BY A LAAHHT", this guy immediately started saying "BY A LAAAHHT" in exactly the same wide-mouthed drawly way no matter what the context. So that was an easy clock

In the last couple of days it's been "svelte". I forget which article or whatever it was that "broke" the "news" that Trump was suddenly all thin and athletic because he's on Ozempic, but it used the word "svelte" and that was apparently one of those trigger words because now this guy has suddenly started saying "svelte" all the time. Only because he will read a word and not actually know how it is pronounced, and because he will frequently swap "I" and "L" letters in words (one time he thought Quaife transmissions were "Qualfe", pronounced "qual-fee", and he said this to a customer he was trying to sell a custom transmission build to, lmao, and when I challenged him on it he said he called the company and the lady answering the phone pronounced it "qual-fee" so shut the gently caress up, lmao), he says it "sveite", pronounced "svyte".

I don't know where or when he has the time to pick this poo poo up but it's like tracking an animal through the underbrush using your keen-eyed ranger skills of "look for the giant muddy three-toed footprints full of beer"

Your acquaintance is dumb as poo poo.